The Republicans’ war on science and reason

Post the evidence, btw, this has nothing to do with the scientific fact that pollution puts holes in the ozone layer, stupid.

Solar flares if strong enough to penetrate our magnetic shield do what ..........................?

Can you connect the dots?

Post your evidence and quit distracting.

Find your own damn links fucktard. I've given you all facts in this thread. You claim to be scientifically endowed but don't even know these basics?

You've been thoroughly bitch slapped with facts. I suggest you find some of your own the next time you want to pick a fight on a subject you know NOTHING about.

Oh really? So Santorum, who came very close to becoming the GOP nominee, DIDN'T say in a video-taped interview that contraception was wrong? Really? And the presumed nominee, Mitt Romney, doesn't belong to a religious sect that only recognized black Americans in 1978? Really? Better try pulling your head out of that hole....whichever one it's in.

Firstly, he came as close as you are to logic (in other words - fucking light years away) from being the nominee.

Secondly, Santorum is a Catholic. The Catholic Church does not believe in contraception. So, it is not at all surprising that he doesn't agree with contraception.

If you have even a shred of honest evidence that Mitt Romney is a racist, provide it. Otherwise, shove your ridiculous ranting where the sun don't shine.

Idiot.

Oooh, struck a nerve...however deeply embedded in 5 inches of adipose tissue beneath a very thick skull.....The Catholic Church....Yes, that's the institution that has massive law suits pending for pedophile priests and a leader who wears a pointy, bejeweled hat.
And Santorum belongs to it.

I cannot prove that Romney is a racist, but he does belong to a racist cult. I lived in Utah for seven years. The LDS people are racists and misogynists. I bet you'd love to dive into those angel panties he wears underneath his gray suit, hmmm?

Struck a nerve? You? :lol::lol: No. I put attention seeking morons into a little box to play with.... but never take seriously.

You cannot prove what is not true. That's the fact - and science will support my assertion... idiot... (and I have evidence on which to base that opinion too).

Fucking racist assclown.

Funny shit here people. Here we sit in a lefty thread about republicans being ignorant of science. Yet the right are offering scientific facts while the left offers nothing in return.

Classic thread FAIL

Scientific facts are backed up by physical evidence and experimentation. This is a message board and these posters are opining. Can you not discern between the two?

Everyone, even the idiot left knows global climate fluctuates. Drastically at times. It's partially caused by the tilt of the earths axis. It wobbles and as such causes irregularities in the climate. Then you have the NATURAL ebb and flow of the earths ice sheets which affects ocean temperature which in turn changes the air temperature. You also have massive solar eruptions that mess with our magnetic shield.

I'm a republican and i knew all that from the top of my head. What i don't know is if the hundred years or so that we've been industrialized had had an impact or not. The earth is billions of years old after all. But hey if you like being a bandwagon sucker go for it. Get off your ass and plant a fucking tree or something.

So if you are right then who stands to gain from claiming that we have man-made climate change? A bunch of geek scientists on salary from universities who have made massive cut-backs in the last 5 years? Green technology in the U.S. which doesn't even exist? Who?

Because the simple rule of Occam's Razor applies here: " It is a principle urging one to select among competing hypotheses that which makes the fewest assumptions and thereby offers the simplest explanation of the effect."

I don't claim to have any answers as to motive. Most scientists used to believe the earth was flat and that it was the center of the universe. Just because they claim it don't make it so.

Indeed...But Both Science AND Religion can exist...and DO!

From Apollo 8:

moonearth_580.jpg

Reading from Genesis:​

Bill Anders:
"We are now approaching lunar sunrise and, for all the people back on Earth, the crew of Apollo 8 has a message that we would like to send to you.
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.​

Jim Lovell :​

"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.​

Frank Borman:
"And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called He Seas: and God saw that it was good.
And from the crew of Apollo 8, we close with good night, good luck, a Merry Christmas – and God bless all of you, all of you on the good Earth."​

~Apollo 8- December 24, 1968

Republicans only reject junk science.

Liberals embrace any quack who provides them with an excuse to loot and enslave us all.

The Republicans’ war on science and reason - The Washington Post

Last month, Washington Post columnist Steve Pearlstein wrote that if you wanted to come up with a bumper sticker that defined the Republican Party’s platform it would be this: “Repeal the 20th century. Vote GOP.” With their unrelenting attempts to slash Social Security, end Medicare and Medicaid and destroy the social safety net, Republicans are, indeed, on a quest of reversal. But they have set their sights on an even bolder course than Pearlstein acknowledges in his column: It’s not just the 20th century they have targeted for repeal; it’s the 18th and 19th too.

The 18th century was defined, in many ways, by the Enlightenment, a philosophical movement based on the idea that reason, rational discourse and the advancement of knowledge, were the critical pillars of modern life. The leaders of the movement inspired the thinking of Charles Darwin, Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin; its tenets can be found in the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. But more than 200 years later, those basic tenets — the very notion that facts and evidence matter — are being rejected, wholesale, by the 21st-century Republican Party.

I never understood this obsession to deny and distort the reality of science.

Cowardly bowing out of the discussion? lol

Some of us understand science, Charlie... it's not infallible... it's morons like you who think science is a 'fix all' for everything... it isn't.

You might want to look up the word theory. Just an idea.

Solar flares if strong enough to penetrate our magnetic shield do what ..........................?

Find your own damn links fucktard. I've given you all facts in this thread. You claim to be scientifically endowed but don't even know these basics?

You've been thoroughly bitch slapped with facts. I suggest you find some of your own the next time you want to pick a fight on a subject you know NOTHING about.

What facts? Guess who supports science and opposes it as shown in this link:

Republicans Rally Against Obama On Stem Cells - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Liberals embrace any quack who provides them with an excuse to loot and enslave us all.

Some of us understand science, Charlie... it's not infallible... it's morons like you who think science is a 'fix all' for everything... it isn't.

You realized you just contradicted yourself right? Look up the word science, almost everything you do involved science.

Cool! Another fictitious 'war' from the left.

Tell me the Republican positions of global warming/climate change? Do they believe it or not believe it? Romney is the instigator of fictitious wars, like his false accusation waging war against women, :rolleyes:

bump! Still no answer, just a bunch of partisan trolling from the right.

The theory of anthropogenic global warming isn't science. It's quackery designed to con the voters into giving complete power to libturds like you.

Satisified?

Firstly, he came as close as you are to logic (in other words - fucking light years away) from being the nominee.

Secondly, Santorum is a Catholic. The Catholic Church does not believe in contraception. So, it is not at all surprising that he doesn't agree with contraception.

If you have even a shred of honest evidence that Mitt Romney is a racist, provide it. Otherwise, shove your ridiculous ranting where the sun don't shine.

Idiot.

Oooh, struck a nerve...however deeply embedded in 5 inches of adipose tissue beneath a very thick skull.....The Catholic Church....Yes, that's the institution that has massive law suits pending for pedophile priests and a leader who wears a pointy, bejeweled hat.
And Santorum belongs to it.

I cannot prove that Romney is a racist, but he does belong to a racist cult. I lived in Utah for seven years. The LDS people are racists and misogynists. I bet you'd love to dive into those angel panties he wears underneath his gray suit, hmmm?

Struck a nerve? You? :lol::lol: No. I put attention seeking morons into a little box to play with.... but never take seriously.

You cannot prove what is not true. That's the fact - and science will support my assertion... idiot... (and I have evidence on which to base that opinion too).

Fucking racist assclown.

Science will support what? I gave you dates and information easily corroborated. You're the clown and I bet your ass is wider than the PopeMobile:
medium_Giant-Pope-Mobile.jpg

You tapped out, I accept your admission that you have provided no facts.

So what is it? Are you scientifically that it doesn't exist?

??

What are you trying to babble, cult boi?

AGW is the old volcano scam, shit fer brains. It's the oldest one in the book.

The shaman points to the volcano and tells the villagers, "The volcano god is angry, bring me your gold and your virgin daughters, and I will appease the volcano god."

NOW, is the volcano real? Yep. Do the villagers have anything to do with it? Nope. Can the shaman alter the behavior of the volcano? Nope.

So let's look, shit fer brains.

Is "global warming" real? There was a slight increase in mean temperature in the mid 20th century. Do people have anything to do with it? Nope, not a damned thing. Will sacrifices to Algore and the AGW church save us from the wrath of Gaea? Nope.

Anthropogenic Global Warming is a scam designed for stupid people, and ONLY stupid people fall for it. Plenty of smart people want to profit from the scam, but ONLY stupid people actually believe it.

Funny shit here people. Here we sit in a lefty thread about republicans being ignorant of science. Yet the right are offering scientific facts while the left offers nothing in return.

Classic thread FAIL

Scientific facts are backed up by physical evidence and experimentation. This is a message board and these posters are opining. Can you not discern between the two?
Either the scientific facts are backed up by physical evidence or they are supported by contrived data introduced by liberals trying to tax the world for breathing.

Liberalism is a mental disorder!

Last month, Washington Post columnist Steve Pearlstein wrote that if you wanted to come up with a bumper sticker that defined the Republican Party’s platform it would be this: “Repeal the 20th century. Vote GOP.” With their unrelenting attempts to slash Social Security, end Medicare and Medicaid and destroy the social safety net, Republicans are, indeed, on a quest of reversal. But they have set their sights on an even bolder course than Pearlstein acknowledges in his column: It’s not just the 20th century they have targeted for repeal; it’s the 18th and 19th too.

The 18th century was defined, in many ways, by the Enlightenment, a philosophical movement based on the idea that reason, rational discourse and the advancement of knowledge, were the critical pillars of modern life. The leaders of the movement inspired the thinking of Charles Darwin, Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin; its tenets can be found in the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. But more than 200 years later, those basic tenets — the very notion that facts and evidence matter — are being rejected, wholesale, by the 21st-century Republican Party.

I'm sorry, I do not understand your shrill post. Wherein does it say or infer anything about Science? Are you certain that is what you want to call your post.

Adventurism off Earth and beyond has always been a Republican ideal. Democrats have always leaned toward the left social realms, aside from JFK.

He was such a forward thinker he is hard to group anywhere. e.g, "I believe before this decade is finished the US should send a man to the moon and return him safely......"

Then:
There is no strife, no prejudice, no national conflict in outer space as yet. Its hazards are hostile to us all. Its conquest deserves the best of all mankind, and its opportunity for peaceful cooperation many never come again. But why, some say, the moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

President John F. Kennedy, September 12, 1962, at Rice University, Houston, Texas

Hail, NASA

Robert

Classic thread FAIL

Either the scientific facts are backed up by physical evidence or they are supported by contrived data introduced by liberals trying to tax the world for breathing.

Man, what an ad-hominem, scientific data from NASA says that fossil fuel burning does have an effect on the ozone layer, is NASA liberal and leftist?

You realized you just contradicted yourself right? Look up the word science, almost everything you do involved science.

I already know what science is, Charlie. And it is not infallible. Unlike you, I tend not to blindly accept without question what I am told.

Here's an idea.... you want the right wing to be more supportive of science.... get your fucking left wing politics out of genuine scientific study. Get your fucking left wing politics out of the environment. Get your fucking left wing politics out of education. Keep your fucking politics within the political arena. Stop hijacking genuine problems to provide political solutions.

Get your fucking watermelon men out of the environmental movement.

OwlGore is still leading the charge, and Obama is trying to make it happen.

Bass, Cal Girl made a real ass of herself when she said the prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case declined a grand jury because "Zimmerman is innocent". We all know what happened next. Tolstoy was right about arguing with idiots.

Classic thread FAIL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMqc7PCJ-nc&feature=fvst]Hide the decline - satire on global warming alarmists - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back