The Republicans’ war on science and reason

HUNTSMAN: I think there's a serious problem. The minute that the Republican Party becomes the party – the anti-science party, we have a huge problem. We lose a whole lot of people who would otherwise allow us to win the election in 2012. When we take a position that isn't willing to embrace evolution, when we take a position that basically runs counter to what 98 of 100 climate scientists have said, what the National Academy of Science – Sciences has said about what is causing climate change and man's contribution to it, I think we find ourselves on the wrong side of science, and, therefore, in a losing position.
The Republican Party has to remember that we're drawing from traditions that go back as far as Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, President Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan and Bush. And we've got a lot of traditions to draw upon. But I can't remember a time in our history where we actually were willing to shun science and become a – a party that – that was antithetical to science. I'm not sure that's good for our future and it's not a winning formula.

Guess what? Huntsman is GONE.

*Next*

He made a truthful point stupid.

And far too many of the electorate rejected him and his candidacy...Didn't they for saying stupid shit?

Again?

*NEXT*

The right is so obsessed with ending higher education and ending all regulations that they have ignored the logical (yeah, science again) conclusion of their actions.

They pay homage to Big Business, they PAY our taxes to Big Oil, they take their own money (like Mittens does) to invest in foreign banks and foreign business, and they attack anyone who has or wants an education. They are fighting to take the most basic rights away from women. And, they want to do away with GOOD teachers, but where will their very real war lead us?

As it is, there are several hundred thousand jobs in this country that we cannot fill because we have stopped educating our own kids. China graduates more science students than we graduate students - and the Rs response to this? They want to cut even more $ from education.

R's value stupid. The more stupid, the better. I came from Arizona where the R's absolutely worship the stupidity of Jan Brewer and Joe Arpaio and of course, we all know that $tupid $arah is their (barf) pin up.

So, what do the rw's want? They say they don't want teachers and police and fire departments and they sure as hell don't want elitist university grads so yeah, they have a full fledged war going against intelligence and education and science and progress.

That's why Mittens is their guy.

The right is so obsessed with ending higher education and ending all regulations that they have ignored the logical (yeah, science again) conclusion of their actions.

They pay homage to Big Business, they PAY our taxes to Big Oil, they take their own money (like Mittens does) to invest in foreign banks and foreign business, and they attack anyone who has or wants an education. They are fighting to take the most basic rights away from women. And, they want to do away with GOOD teachers, but where will their very real war lead us?

As it is, there are several hundred thousand jobs in this country that we cannot fill because we have stopped educating our own kids. China graduates more science students than we graduate students - and the Rs response to this? They want to cut even more $ from education.

R's value stupid. The more stupid, the better. I came from Arizona where the R's absolutely worship the stupidity of Jan Brewer and Joe Arpaio and of course, we all know that $tupid $arah is their (barf) pin up.

So, what do the rw's want? They say they don't want teachers and police and fire departments and they sure as hell don't want elitist university grads so yeah, they have a full fledged war going against intelligence and education and science and progress.

they PAY our taxes to Big Oil

Huh? WTF are you talking about?

they PAY our taxes to Big Oil

Huh? WTF are you talking about?

Nerdite doesn't even know what he's typing.

Tell us how you want to put "magical creationism" in science classes.

Indeed...But Both Science AND Religion can exist...and DO!

From Apollo 8:

moonearth_580.jpg

Reading from Genesis:​

Bill Anders:
"We are now approaching lunar sunrise and, for all the people back on Earth, the crew of Apollo 8 has a message that we would like to send to you.
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.​

Jim Lovell :​

"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.​

Frank Borman:
"And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called He Seas: and God saw that it was good.
And from the crew of Apollo 8, we close with good night, good luck, a Merry Christmas – and God bless all of you, all of you on the good Earth."​

~Apollo 8- December 24, 1968

"Deany? YOU have a problem..."

Wonderful post and reminder. Great. Hat is tipped.

Robert
Absolutely! Even Einstein said there must be a supreme being that created all this matter.

Liberalism is a goddamned mental disorder!

Science says pollution affects the climate by putting holes in the ozone layer, will you deny this scientific fact?

No science doesn't say that, retard. Not even Algore supports that theory.

NASA - Safeguarding Our Atmosphere

:rolleyes:

Your article doesn't claim that the ozone hole causes global warming.

Apparently you believe that if a web page mentions the ozone hole and it also mentions global warming, then it's saying that one causes the other.

You're a complete moron.

From Apollo 8:

moonearth_580.jpg

Bill Anders:
"We are now approaching lunar sunrise and, for all the people back on Earth, the crew of Apollo 8 has a message that we would like to send to you.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.​

"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.​

Frank Borman:
"And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called He Seas: and God saw that it was good.
And from the crew of Apollo 8, we close with good night, good luck, a Merry Christmas – and God bless all of you, all of you on the good Earth."​

Robert
Absolutely! Even Einstein said there must be a supreme being that created all this matter.

I'm not going for that supreme being nonsense. I do however believe life is scattered throughout the universe. Some intelligent, some like the op.

We were just lucky that our planet was positioned where it was in relation to the other bodies in our solar system to allow life to flourish.

Robert

I'm not going for that supreme being nonsense. I do however believe life is scattered throughout the universe. Some intelligent, some like the op.

We were just lucky that our planet was positioned where it was in relation to the other bodies in our solar system to allow life to flourish.

And that's admirable. I applaud YOU for being a stand up guy :clap2:

And you're correct...a few thousand miles closer to the Sun? We wouldn't be here...Farther? Same...maybe...(Europa...One Of Jupiter's moons might have life)...

But in any event?

There's a higher power at work... Larger than mankind...no matter HOW you define that power.

Statists will NEVER admit to it. ;)

From Apollo 8:

moonearth_580.jpg

Bill Anders:

Frank Borman:

Robert

Einstein never said that tool.

Einstein, who was Jewish and who declined an offer to be the state of Israel's second president, also rejected the idea that the Jews are God's favoured people.

"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them."

The letter will go on sale at Bloomsbury Auctions in Mayfair on Thursday and is expected to fetch up to £8,000. The handwritten piece, in German, is not listed in the source material of the most authoritative academic text on the subject, Max Jammer's book Einstein and Religion.

Einstein writes of 'childish superstition' | Science | The Guardian

Isn't lying against one of your commandments? Fucking right wing liars. Just so sick of them.

Robert

Einstein never said that tool.

Einstein, who was Jewish and who declined an offer to be the state of Israel's second president, also rejected the idea that the Jews are God's favoured people.

"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them."

The letter will go on sale at Bloomsbury Auctions in Mayfair on Thursday and is expected to fetch up to £8,000. The handwritten piece, in German, is not listed in the source material of the most authoritative academic text on the subject, Max Jammer's book Einstein and Religion.

Einstein writes of 'childish superstition' | Science | The Guardian

Isn't lying against one of your commandments? Fucking right wing liars. Just so sick of them.

And here is proof that alien lifeforms exist.

Perfect for this thread. When I asked Quantum Windbag the question:
If we don't educate our children, what will the future of America be like?

It's answer was:
What role did education have in anything?

True Story.

Robert

It's not just the position. The axis angle and the wobble enable the cycle of life....and the moon.

Last edited:
Perfect for this thread. When I asked Quantum Windbag the question:
If we don't educate our children, what will the future of America be like?

It's answer was:
What role did education have in anything?

True Story.

When you were diagnosed with dementia you vowed to continue posting gibberish. You have withstood the doubters.

True story.

Forum List

Back