The Republicans have a plan to pay for their tax cuts.

A spouse gets a portion of the deceased spouse yes. In a large percentage of citizens that doesn't account for much at all. you failed on this one. Where did you get the 150 k figure from? My mom received 1500 a month from social security after my dad pass ed. Your 150 k isn't the average. Don't believe everything g the wealthy pundits who hate middle class workers with an absolute undeniable passion say.

I didn't say that. I said they made 150K a year while they were alive and working. In other words, they each make 75K a year which isn't too unrealistic. At that income level, they certainly had plenty to sock away for their IRA's. Plus the spouse gets 50% of the SS the other received.

Times have changed from many years ago when it was commonplace for the woman to stay home and the man a single-income breadwinner. Then the woman did need her husbands income because she depended on it her entire life for survival.

Congress is 100% responsible for the debt and deficit.

They don't get to take the peoples programs that helps them to give their filthy rich donors more money.

And you don't get to lie and get away with it either.

Nobody is taking money from any program to give to the rich. Show me how that money is transferred to the rich. The government decided to take less money from working Americans to give us the economy we have today.

The truth is we do spend way too much money on everything. And this "thought" that McConnell has is only that. No action was taken on his part to do anything about it.

The fact is that the economy was strong before the tax cuts. They weren't needed to jumpstart the economy. The people that are able to keep the most of the money are the rich. The rich got a 1% tax rate cut, the carried interest deduction, a pass-through rate and tax break for real estate trusts. The tax shelters should be done away with.

They are at fault? You and the Republicans are just as responsible as Democrats. You want 60 votes so Republicans don't have to cut their priorities.

Yes, they are at fault just as much as the Republicans. Tell me, when was the last time we cut a Democrat goodie? Every time this subject comes up, it's because of what the Republicans spend--not the Democrats. It's always entirely the Republicans fault.

75 k a year is lower middle class and doesn't go very far in today's america. Plenty to sick away? After a house and vehicles and good and kids.....there isn't much to sick away. Not to mention they both pay into it so they should collect it. You failed.....again.

Hold on to every penny you are in the bottom 80%, particularly if you have or are planning to retire in the future.
But if you are in the top 20%, relax, life is good.
Mitch McConnell Calls for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid Cuts After Passing Tax Cuts, Massive Defense Spending
After instituting a $1.5 trillion tax cut and signing off on a $675 billion budget for the Department of Defense, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that the only way to lower the record-high federal deficit would be to cut entitlement programs like Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.

"It’s disappointing, but it’s not a Republican problem," McConnell said of the deficit, which grew 17 percent to $779 billion in fiscal year 2018. McConnell explained to Bloomberg that "it’s a bipartisan problem: Unwillingness to address the real drivers of the debt by doing anything to adjust those programs to the demographics of America in the future." The deficit has increased 77 percent since McConnell became majority leader in 2015.

New Treasury Department analysis on Monday revealed that corporate tax cuts had a significant impact on the deficit this year. Federal revenue rose by 0.04 percent in 2018, a nearly 100 percent decrease last year’s 1.5 percent. In fiscal year 2018, tax receipts on corporate income fell to $205 billion from $297 billion in 2017.
Mitch McConnell says deficit ballooned because of Social Security, Medicare, not Republican Tax Cuts

And look at the distribution of the tax cuts, through 2015.
View attachment 223006
So, if you are in the 80% and in the retirement mode now or down the road, more than likely cuts to Social Security and Medicare are really going to hurt you.
Now consider this, how many Trumpsters and supporters of his fascist party are going to get in the butt?
But have no fear, they don't care if they are getting fucked, Trump and the Fascist Party are like Gods of the World. After all, they are top ending the uber-wealthy, to "make America great again".
Told you so.

I love the people who didn’t believe republicans would cut their social security and Medicare

Congress has proved itself irresponsible with our money. No more money. We need to cut off the damn spendthrifts. It's like cutting off a child who can't stop spending.

no more taxes.

Spending cuts MUST happen if we are ever going to get a grip on our debt imbalance.
Raising taxes is not the answer without spending cuts of a major magnitude. Unless and until that happens DC is not responsible enough to be the caretaker of my hard earned money.

Period.
Here we go again.

Clinton didn’t need to make these cuts to balance his books

They don't get to take the peoples programs that helps them to give their filthy rich donors more money.

Nobody is taking money from any program to give to the rich. Show me how that money is transferred to the rich. The government decided to take less money from working Americans to give us the economy we have today.

The truth is we do spend way too much money on everything. And this "thought" that McConnell has is only that. No action was taken on his part to do anything about it.

The fact is that the economy was strong before the tax cuts. They weren't needed to jumpstart the economy. The people that are able to keep the most of the money are the rich. The rich got a 1% tax rate cut, the carried interest deduction, a pass-through rate and tax break for real estate trusts. The tax shelters should be done away with.

It's the wealthy who pay most of the income tax as it is. Who else should get the cut?

The slowest growth since WWII is not a booming economy, especially since the median income was not growing all that well. At least now to some degree employers have to compete to find employees which increases their pay and benefit offers. If we could keep the immigrants from raiding this country, it would be even higher yet.

The spouse should receive the deceased social security. They both paid i n while ensuring the sickening rat race day in and day out.

Spending cuts MUST happen if we are ever going to get a grip on our debt imbalance.
Raising taxes is not the answer without spending cuts of a major magnitude. Unless and until that happens DC is not responsible enough to be the caretaker of my hard earned money.

Period.
Here we go again.

Clinton didn’t need to make these cuts to balance his books

Clinton presided during the tech bubble. He didn't need to make cuts to anything. However the Republican Congress did make cuts, especially to welfare.

Period.

Getting rid of tax cuts for filthy rich people that don't deserve them isn't raising taxes. There was no debt or deficit problems before massive tax cuts.

Republicans created debt and deficits with tax cuts to the filthy rich and corporations.

They will get rid of the debt and deficits with tax hikes on the filthy rich and corporations.

If any group deserves a tax cut it is those of higher incomes since they pay most of the bill.

Employers have never had an easier time finding high qualified hard working Americans than today. Employers have it on easy street.

The spouse should receive the deceased social security. They both paid i n while ensuring the sickening rat race day in and day out.

Well then, cuts have to be made somewhere else. If the both people are working, there is no necessity for the spouse to get any of his or her spouses check; they have their own SS account.

Well the regressives here on USMB have been begging for a balanced budget. I say we oblige them and cut all the entitlement programs for a few years.

Will they praise Republicans and President Trump if this happens?

Regressives? You're quite the dumb ass. How would you like paying into a 401K for 50 years and then someone telling you your 401k is not going to pay you because it's an entitlement? You pay into something it's certainly not an entitlement. I will not live long enough to collect everything I have paid in. Now taking this away is regressive. So stuff it punk.

The real facts are that the only people who get tax cuts are the people who pay taxes.

God you people are fucking disingenuous.

Hold on to every penny you are in the bottom 80%, particularly if you have or are planning to retire in the future.
But if you are in the top 20%, relax, life is good.
Mitch McConnell Calls for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid Cuts After Passing Tax Cuts, Massive Defense Spending
After instituting a $1.5 trillion tax cut and signing off on a $675 billion budget for the Department of Defense, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that the only way to lower the record-high federal deficit would be to cut entitlement programs like Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.

"It’s disappointing, but it’s not a Republican problem," McConnell said of the deficit, which grew 17 percent to $779 billion in fiscal year 2018. McConnell explained to Bloomberg that "it’s a bipartisan problem: Unwillingness to address the real drivers of the debt by doing anything to adjust those programs to the demographics of America in the future." The deficit has increased 77 percent since McConnell became majority leader in 2015.

New Treasury Department analysis on Monday revealed that corporate tax cuts had a significant impact on the deficit this year. Federal revenue rose by 0.04 percent in 2018, a nearly 100 percent decrease last year’s 1.5 percent. In fiscal year 2018, tax receipts on corporate income fell to $205 billion from $297 billion in 2017.
Mitch McConnell says deficit ballooned because of Social Security, Medicare, not Republican Tax Cuts

And look at the distribution of the tax cuts, through 2015.
View attachment 223006
So, if you are in the 80% and in the retirement mode now or down the road, more than likely cuts to Social Security and Medicare are really going to hurt you.
Now consider this, how many Trumpsters and supporters of his fascist party are going to get in the butt?
But have no fear, they don't care if they are getting fucked, Trump and the Fascist Party are like Gods of the World. After all, they are top ending the uber-wealthy, to "make America great again".

Yet when DumBama cut Medicare to help fund Commie Care, nobody on the left cared about those old people.

Show me the cuts. Just prove it.

75 k a year is lower middle class and doesn't go very far in today's america. Plenty to sick away? After a house and vehicles and good and kids.....there isn't much to sick away. Not to mention they both pay into it so they should collect it. You failed.....again.

Yes they should collect it--their own SS, not their spouses.

And 150K a year is not lower middle-class.

Forum List

Back