The Republican War On Women

Well one thing to consider is that with Santorum dropping out (which he is doing as we speak) it will be much harder to paint Romney with the Santorum brush. Without Santorum making stupid remarks all the time it's less ammo for the left to use against Romney and the GOP as a whole.

Well one thing to consider is that with Santorum dropping out (which he is doing as we speak) it will be much harder to paint Romney with the Santorum brush. Without Santorum making stupid remarks all the time it's less ammo for the left to use against Romney and the GOP as a whole.
Good. Santorum is an idiot.

Please let us not take any of the elections for granted.
It was not too long ago that the rightwing took elections at the local, state and national level that put this country in jeopardy.
Keep vigilant and spread the word to all your consituents to vote in all elections.

I'm trying to figure out how you think this demonstrates a "war on women".

You need to articulate your point.

You forget the liberal perspective, Si. It demonstrates a war on women because a liberal says it does.

That's helpful. It proves you have no clue.

[why do fools post nonsence? Need for attention I suppose.]

Generally speaking when you attempt to point at the ignorance of others it's helpful to spell it correctly. Just saying.

Surely having women pay for their own use of contraceptives is a "war" agianst them.........

If you dummy down the idea of war by a few thousand percent and throw in a whole lot of wishful thinking........
If they were doing that arbitrarily, I would agree (except "war" is certainly hyperbole).

Only this isn't arbitrary. It's a First Amendment protection granted every single US citizen and guaranteed by the Constitution.

So, it's more a "war on the Constitution", if one has to play the hyperbole game.

Is that dumbed down enough?

Contraception is protected by the first amendment ??? Surely in the "living" first amendment.......................... Too f***ing funny

Good. Santorum is an idiot.

Yes he is. A lot of this "war on women" bullshit has been supported by one stupid Santorum comment after another. The media takes that and portrays it as "common Republican thought". Pffft.....good riddance, Rick.

Surely having women pay for their own use of contraceptives is a "war" agianst them.........

If you dummy down the idea of war by a few thousand percent and throw in a whole lot of wishful thinking........
If they were doing that arbitrarily, I would agree (except "war" is certainly hyperbole).

Only this isn't arbitrary. It's a First Amendment protection granted every single US citizen and guaranteed by the Constitution.

So, it's more a "war on the Constitution", if one has to play the hyperbole game.

Is that dumbed down enough?

Contraception is protected by the first amendment ??? Surely in the "living" first amendment.......................... Too f***ing funny
Who said that it was?

Oh, that was you.

Do you often argue with yourself?

Denial involves blocking external events from awareness. If some situation is just too much to handle, the person just refuses to experience it. As you might imagine, this is a primitive and dangerous defense - no one disregards reality and gets away with it for long! It can operate by itself or, more commonly, in combination with other, more subtle mechanisms that support it.

From this link:

Sigmund Freud

Of course not all of the 'echo chamber' suffers from Denial; many are simply so partisan they will not acknowledge anything which might poorly reflect on the fringe they support. In a word, they are Dishonest.

You forget the liberal perspective, Si. It demonstrates a war on women because a liberal says it does.

That's helpful. It proves you have no clue.

[why do fools post nonsence? Need for attention I suppose.]

Generally speaking when you attempt to point at the ignorance of others it's helpful to spell it correctly. Just saying.

LOL, I hope I spell cavil correctly. Do you need me to define it for you?

Denial involves blocking external events from awareness. If some situation is just too much to handle, the person just refuses to experience it. As you might imagine, this is a primitive and dangerous defense - no one disregards reality and gets away with it for long! It can operate by itself or, more commonly, in combination with other, more subtle mechanisms that support it.

From this link:

Sigmund Freud

Of course not all of the 'echo chamber' suffers from Denial; many are simply so partisan they will not acknowledge anything which might poorly reflect on the fringe they support. In a word, they are Dishonest.
Have you figured out how to articulate what the "war on women" is yet?

I mean, I can say "Obama is a moron", not articulate any reason why he is, then post definitions of denial whenever someone says he isn't.

It's simple logic. You make a claim and YOU support it with examples. Your claim doesn't stand because someone can't prove you wrong. And, it certainly doesn't stand because you keep posting denial information.

I'll wait for someone to articulate something of even minimal substance.

From this link:

Sigmund Freud

I mean, I can say "Obama is a moron", not articulate any reason why he is, then post definitions of denial whenever someone says he isn't.

It's simple logic. You make a claim and YOU support it with examples. Your claim doesn't stand because someone can't prove you wrong. And, it certainly doesn't stand because you keep posting denial information.

Consider the claim as a hypothesis, and the posts as evidence in its support.

Consider also the posts by those on your side of the aisle who deny climate change or those who call Obama a Marxist, Muslim, or foreign national.

Now, I've been told by Mrs. Catcher that I need to be ready to go shopping. Getting ready means getting my book (I now have a Kindle) so I don't rush her in her quest.

From this link:

Sigmund Freud

Consider also the posts by those on your side of the aisle who deny climate change or those who call Obama a Marxist, Muslim, or foreign national.

Now, I've been told by Mrs. Catcher that I need to be ready to go shopping. Getting ready means getting my book (I now have a Kindle) so I don't rush her in her quest.
I'll still wait for someone, anyone, to articulate some sort of rationale how this is some "war on women". For those who believe it to be, surely they can say why.

I know I can say why it's a "war on the Constitution", if I were prone to hyperbole, that is.

Enjoy your shopping.

Mad Kindle love, here.

Hit the right-hand column for all the freebies, and use the left-hand column to navigate.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kindle-Store-eBooks/zgbs/digital-text/154606011/ref=zg_bs_nav_kinc_1_kinc]Amazon Best Sellers: best Kindle eBooks[/ame]

When will you people stop digging?

*Sheesh!!*
:cuckoo:

WOW...

Because republicans opposed to taxpayer funded abortions/contraceptives republicans have raged war against woman???

Stop your fucking drama already.

As usual progressives are like babies - when mommy doesn't buy them what they want they throw a fit and cry...

Give me one good reason why I should pay for abortions or contraceptives???

In what universe is it my responsibility to care for those who have risky sex???

In what universe can the government tell another they need to cover that shit???

WTF...

*Sheesh!!*

Since Obama Took Office, The Unemployment Rate For Women Has Increased From 7.0 Percent To 8.1 Percent. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 4/6/12)

Since The Stimulus Was Passed, The Unemployment Rate For Women Has Increased From 7.3 Percent To 8.1 Percent. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 4/6/12)

Since Obama Took Office, The Number Of Female Employees Has Declined By 683,000. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 4/6/12)

Since Obama Took Office, The Number Of Women Unemployed Has Increased From 5,005,000 To 5,863,000. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 4/6/12)
In March, The Number Of Women Employed Fell By 82,000. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 4/6/12)

The Female Labor Force Participation Rate Fell In March From 57.9 Percent To 57.7 Percent. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 4/6/12)

The Number Of Women Not In The Labor Force In March Increased From 52.8 Million To 53.1 Million. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 4/6/12)

“The Poverty Rate Among Women Rose To 14.5 Percent Last Year, Up From 13.9 Percent In 2009—The Highest Rate In 17 Years.” (Leslie Bennetts, “Women: The Invisible Poor,” The Daily Beast, 9/14/11)

The Extreme Poverty Rate – Income Below Half Of Federal Poverty Line – Is The Highest Ever Recorded Among Women. “The ‘extreme poverty rate’ among women was the highest ever recorded, climbing to 6.3 percent in 2010 from 5.9 percent in 2009. ‘Extreme poverty’ means that your income is below half of the federal poverty line—and by 2010, more than 7.5 million women had fallen into that dire category.” (Leslie Bennetts, “Women: The Invisible Poor,” The Daily Beast, 9/14/11)

In 2010, 17 Million Women Lived In Poverty, Compared To 12.6 Million Men. “What all those statistics add up to is that more than 17 million women were living in poverty last year, compared with 12.6 million men. As usual, things were worse for older women; twice as many women over 65 were living in poverty, compared with men.” (Leslie Bennetts, “Women: The Invisible Poor,” The Daily Beast, 9/14/11)

The Poverty Rate Is 25.6 Percent For Black Women And 25 Percent For Hispanic Women. “And those numbers just represented the population-wide average. For Hispanic and black women, the poverty rate increased even faster and rose higher—to 25 percent for Hispanic women and to 25.6 percent for black women.” (Leslie Bennetts, “Women: The Invisible Poor,” The Daily Beast, 9/14/11)

More Than 40 Percent Of Single Mothers Live In Poverty. “As usual, single mothers are having the hardest time of all. More than 40 percent of women who head families are now living in poverty. With more than half of poor children living in female-headed families in 2010, the child poverty rate jumped to 22 percent.” (Leslie Bennetts, “Women: The Invisible Poor,” The Daily Beast, 9/14/11)

I would think you would be able to spin your highly partisan opinion much more effectively. Your 'argument' is laughable, posting statistics without context is insipid, and when the stats have no bearing on the issue at hand they convince only the dumbest partisans (do you really need to pander to the echo chamber?) that you posted something of substance.

1.Context?

con·text/ˈkäntekst/
Noun:
The circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.
The parts of something written or spoken that immediately precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning.

2. Did you note the title of the thread?
If so, the very first words of my post are "Since Obama Took Office, The Unemployment Rate For Women...," a clear rebuttal to the OP.

3. Are you suggesting that you don't see the connection...and therefore the context?

4. "Your 'argument' is laughable..."
I doubt it. Your suggestions that you don't see the context...and that you are laughing are both patently false.
You are not laughing. You are seeking some way of pretending to ignore the abject failures of the Obama administration.
True?

5. The statistics, and the dates of same, document that, rather than the GOP...the Democrats, if anyone, have damaged the distaff branch of society.
Also true?

Now, once you admit the truth of #4 and #5 above, you will be free to leave the darkside, and come across the aisle....
.....we have cookies.

There is no war on women. Though I know you wish there was.
Well......not for you folks who think it's still.....

"Wisconsin also enacted a bill that mandates teachers in schools that offer sex education must stress abstinence as the only sure way to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases."

"After a series of public embarrassments, and faced with polling data that suggests the GOP agenda is driving women toward the Democratic Party, Republicans may be tacitly acknowledging that kowtowing to their conservative base in an election year has some ugly ramifications.

But that doesn’t mean they’re chastened. They’re just hoping everyone forgets.

Congressional Republicans abandoned their push to roll back the Obama administration’s contraception guarantee for female employees weeks ago. But now they’re hoping that they can wipe the crux of what Democrats have termed the GOP “war on women” off the books entirely."

339.gif

The National Review? God, I love opinions of non-partisan resources!:badgrin:
Next, we'll see some lefty post something from the HuffPost or Media Matters! :doubt:

I thought this thread dealt with the War on Women!!!??? But now I see the light, it's about the GOP's War on Black Women? Nooo, that's not it.

Why does race seem to constantly pop up?

You again?

Have you begun reading books yet?

*Sheesh!!*

WOW...

Because republicans opposed to taxpayer funded abortions/contraceptives republicans have raged war against woman???

Stop your fucking drama already.

As usual progressives are like babies - when mommy doesn't buy them what they want they throw a fit and cry...

Give me one good reason why I should pay for abortions or contraceptives???

In what universe is it my responsibility to care for those who have risky sex???

In what universe can the government tell another they need to cover that shit???

WTF...

Stop your bullshit, though having read too many of you posts I'm aware the bullshit isn't yours, you're only a parrot.

Forum List

Back