The Republican War On Women

States Offer Mixed Legislative Bag On Abortion, Birth Control
"Birth control and abortion legislation are making the rounds at state capitols. An abortion bill in Georgia was stopped Tuesday while Idaho backed away from its own pre-abortion ultrasound bill. Missouri advanced a bill to let some employers opt-out of providing coverage for contraception."

States Offer Mixed Legislative Bag On Abortion, Birth Control - Kaiser Health News

That is about the most biased, partisan, piece of crap 2nd post it has ever been my misfortune to read on this site.

Oh, and welcome to the board!

The modas operandi of this election from the Obama administration is to fear monger.
It's the only way he can win and he knows it.

Did he mention... he's black!

Are you obsessed with his race? How does that really help your argument? Is he prominent? You clearly believe so because FOX told you to.

Oh my goodness, don't any of you republicans keep track of the NEWS??? There is no question that there is a war on women by the conservatives in this country.....what is it now? fourteen states that have passed or are trying to pass personhood bills or other restrictions on a woman's RIGHT to choose......the far right conservative tea baggers are trying to turn this country into a fundamentalist Nation....but of course you republicans just love that, don't you....keep her barefoot and pregnant......these religious fanatics who are anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-union, anti voting rights, anti civil rights and anti women.......it is unfolding as we speak......wise up and pay attention.........

tsk tsk tsk

You really went out on a limb there to form a counter argument. You should be proud. of yourself.

"Birth control and abortion legislation are making the rounds at state capitols. An abortion bill in Georgia was stopped Tuesday while Idaho backed away from its own pre-abortion ultrasound bill. Missouri advanced a bill to let some employers opt-out of providing coverage for contraception."

States Offer Mixed Legislative Bag On Abortion, Birth Control - Kaiser Health News
And?

And? Sure:

Guttmacher Institute State Update: Legislation Enacted

And?

And? Sure:

I'm trying to figure out how you think this demonstrates a "war on women".

You need to articulate your point.

Evidence that a war on women exists is provided here:

That's not evidence of a 'war on women'.

Are you a woman?

Nope. I have a sister and a wife; I also managed the Domestic Violence programs for my agency, wrote and managed VAWA grants and spent a good deal of time with Women's groups,I transported victims to secure areas so the women staff could safely take victims to shelters, and coordinated with probation, prosecutors, anger management providers and the courts.

Would you prefer a euphemism? How about instead of a war on women we call it a suspension of the rights of women to control their lives? Better?

I just now noticed you responded to my post and the link in under a minute. Nice, you sure evaluated the 'not evidence'.

Last edited:
When will you people stop digging?

*Sheesh!!*
:cuckoo:

Since Obama Took Office, The Unemployment Rate For Women Has Increased From 7.0 Percent To 8.1 Percent. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 4/6/12)

Since The Stimulus Was Passed, The Unemployment Rate For Women Has Increased From 7.3 Percent To 8.1 Percent. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 4/6/12)

Since Obama Took Office, The Number Of Female Employees Has Declined By 683,000. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 4/6/12)

Since Obama Took Office, The Number Of Women Unemployed Has Increased From 5,005,000 To 5,863,000. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 4/6/12)
In March, The Number Of Women Employed Fell By 82,000. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 4/6/12)

The Female Labor Force Participation Rate Fell In March From 57.9 Percent To 57.7 Percent. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 4/6/12)

The Number Of Women Not In The Labor Force In March Increased From 52.8 Million To 53.1 Million. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 4/6/12)

“The Poverty Rate Among Women Rose To 14.5 Percent Last Year, Up From 13.9 Percent In 2009—The Highest Rate In 17 Years.” (Leslie Bennetts, “Women: The Invisible Poor,” The Daily Beast, 9/14/11)

The Extreme Poverty Rate – Income Below Half Of Federal Poverty Line – Is The Highest Ever Recorded Among Women. “The ‘extreme poverty rate’ among women was the highest ever recorded, climbing to 6.3 percent in 2010 from 5.9 percent in 2009. ‘Extreme poverty’ means that your income is below half of the federal poverty line—and by 2010, more than 7.5 million women had fallen into that dire category.” (Leslie Bennetts, “Women: The Invisible Poor,” The Daily Beast, 9/14/11)

In 2010, 17 Million Women Lived In Poverty, Compared To 12.6 Million Men. “What all those statistics add up to is that more than 17 million women were living in poverty last year, compared with 12.6 million men. As usual, things were worse for older women; twice as many women over 65 were living in poverty, compared with men.” (Leslie Bennetts, “Women: The Invisible Poor,” The Daily Beast, 9/14/11)

The Poverty Rate Is 25.6 Percent For Black Women And 25 Percent For Hispanic Women. “And those numbers just represented the population-wide average. For Hispanic and black women, the poverty rate increased even faster and rose higher—to 25 percent for Hispanic women and to 25.6 percent for black women.” (Leslie Bennetts, “Women: The Invisible Poor,” The Daily Beast, 9/14/11)

More Than 40 Percent Of Single Mothers Live In Poverty. “As usual, single mothers are having the hardest time of all. More than 40 percent of women who head families are now living in poverty. With more than half of poor children living in female-headed families in 2010, the child poverty rate jumped to 22 percent.” (Leslie Bennetts, “Women: The Invisible Poor,” The Daily Beast, 9/14/11)

I would think you would be able to spin your highly partisan opinion much more effectively. Your 'argument' is laughable, posting statistics without context is insipid, and when the stats have no bearing on the issue at hand they convince only the dumbest partisans (do you really need to pander to the echo chamber?) that you posted something of substance.

With all due respect, wry....have you ever gone over your own postings? just wondering....

I'm trying to figure out how you think this demonstrates a "war on women".

You need to articulate your point.

You forget the liberal perspective, Si. It demonstrates a war on women because a liberal says it does.
I guess so. I've been seeing this silly rhetoric for weeks, now, and no one yet has been able to clearly articulate how there is a "war on women".

Surely having women pay for their own use of contraceptives is a "war" agianst them.........

If you dummy down the idea of war by a few thousand percent and throw in a whole lot of wishful thinking........

Surely having women pay for their own use of contraceptives is a "war" agianst them.........

If you dummy down the idea of war by a few thousand percent and throw in a whole lot of wishful thinking........
If they were doing that arbitrarily, I would agree (except "war" is certainly hyperbole).

Only this isn't arbitrary. It's a First Amendment protection granted every single US citizen and guaranteed by the Constitution.

So, it's more a "war on the Constitution", if one has to play the hyperbole game.

Is that dumbed down enough?

Forum List

Back