The Regulations Of Bidenomics Have Cost Each Household ~$10k In Just 2.5 Years. Much More To Come

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
People don't realize the tremendous costs that well-intended regulations have, because most people, including politicians, don't take the time to do real math.

All of these regulations hurt the poorest among us most, so when Biden and the Dems tell you that they are going to "build the economy form the middle out and bottom up," they are being disingenuous, as usual.

Biden's regulations have cost Americans almost $10,000 per household - and could spike to $60,000 if he is elected in 2024​

• Analysis found Biden regulations cost Americans $10,000 per household since 2021 – with one-third of the cost coming from new fuel and emission standards
  • Total per household could equal $60,000 by 2028 if Biden wins a second term
  • President unveiled on Wednesday his new 'Bidenomics' plan to focus on middle-class prosperity as 52% of Americans say they are worse off since he took office
Joe Biden's slew of regulations implemented over the course of his two-and-a-half years running the country have cost every American household nearly $10,000.

If the president continues on his current regulation path and is reelected for a second term in 2024, according to the report from the Committee to Unleash Prosperity [<--Link], Americans could be slammed with a $60,000 increase in costs by 2028.

Meanwhile, estimates from the report found that former President Trump ended up decreasing the cost of Americans by nearly $3,000 per year during his four year term.

I read through BRIEFLY through the report itself, it is a bit misleading.
For instance one regulation raised the cost of hearing aids, which was projected to cost American $600 million. Well that doesn't affect me at all.
That is just one example. Just saying it is not that meaningful to try and say "it cost Americans, on average, $10k a year.
I don't think anyone doubts for a second that Bidens policies have significantly increased the cost of living for every American. But not $10k.
I would say myself, it is more like $5,000 to $6,000.
On the other hand Obama is certainly more that that in Obamacare alone.

For instance one regulation raised the cost of hearing aids, which was projected to cost American $600 million. Well that doesn't affect me at all.
That is just one example. Just saying it is not that meaningful to try and say "it cost Americans, on average, $10k a year.
I don't think anyone doubts for a second that Bidens policies have significantly increased the cost of living for every American. But not $10k.

The estimate is $10k per household on average.

If your own estimate is a bit lower (is that for your average household?), then you must be below average. :)

The example you picked, hearing aids, is not very relevant. $600M factors in like six bucks to the $10k.

The report is sourced. While I am not about to defend it all, I won't unnecessarily criticize it either, as the conclusion is about right for my family of four. Thank gosh I don't pay rent!

Last edited:
The estimate is $10k per household on average.

If your own estimate is a bit lower (is that for your average household?), then you must be below average. :)
No, just not affected by some things.
Wealthy - as in SIGNIFICANTLY wealthy - the affect is likely more like $100k at least and more.
I'm just not a fan of blanket studies that apply averages that don't make sense due to people's circumstances and financial conditions that are wildly different.

No, just not affected by some things.
Wealthy - as in SIGNIFICANTLY wealthy - the affect is likely more like $100k at least and more.
I'm just not a fan of blanket studies that apply averages that don't make sense due to people's circumstances and financial conditions that are wildly different.
I think that is why it makes sense to use averages, otherwise you end up with conclusions which are non-meaningful, like

"the cost of the regulations on American families varies from -$2000 to $24 million." :)

I think that is why it makes sense to use averages, otherwise you end up with conclusions which are non-meaningful, like

"the cost of the regulations on American families varies from -$2000 to $24 million." :)
It would be better to say - "the cost of regulations has cost Americans $6.4 Billion out of pocket.
Here is how..... "

People don't realize the tremendous costs that well-intended regulations have, because most people, including politicians, don't take the time to do real math.

All of these regulations hurt the poorest among us most, so when Biden and the Dems tell you that they are going to "build the economy form the middle out and bottom up," they are being disingenuous, as usual.

Biden's regulations have cost Americans almost $10,000 per household - and could spike to $60,000 if he is elected in 2024​

• Analysis found Biden regulations cost Americans $10,000 per household since 2021 – with one-third of the cost coming from new fuel and emission standards
  • President unveiled on Wednesday his new 'Bidenomics' plan to focus on middle-class prosperity as 52% of Americans say they are worse off since he took office
Joe Biden's slew of regulations implemented over the course of his two-and-a-half years running the country have cost every American household nearly $10,000.

If the president continues on his current regulation path and is reelected for a second term in 2024, according to the report from the Committee to Unleash Prosperity [<--Link], Americans could be slammed with a $60,000 increase in costs by 2028.

Meanwhile, estimates from the report found that former President Trump ended up decreasing the cost of Americans by nearly $3,000 per year during his four year term.

There are those of us who don't want dirty air and dirty water. It is not costing Americans anything. Any money that is saved goes straight to the bottom line. The average American will not benefit.

This is horseshit and you know it. This is about generating talking points and nothing else. We want clean air and clean water. We want to be sure that the food we eat is safe. We want to know the products we use are safe. It is about protecting human life. How much is that worth?

The second flaw in the argument is that if these regulations were not in place, every household benefits. The only people that would benefit are corporations and rich shareholders. That is where the money will go. Companies are raising prices because they have determined that they can make more money by raising prices and making fewer sales. Companies made promises when they got those huge corporate tax breaks. They have long since reneged on that for the most part.

There are those of us who don't want dirty air and dirty water. It is not costing Americans anything. Any money that is saved goes straight to the bottom line. The average American will not benefit.
Oh, I think everyone sees how much prices of everything have increased. The main driving force is the cost of energy. So goes that, so goes the price of just about everything.

Biden's green energy push contributes to making electricity, gasoline and diesel more expensive.

My power bill increased 37% in one year. That's trivial compared to lots of places in the US recently, particularly the NorthEast....

electricity_rates.jpg

electricity_rates2.jpg

I don't use much gasoline, but most things I buy use it. Price of food, services, rent, everything up.

These green initiatives lower our standard of living, which should be the metric which is used to decide if they are implemented. They also don't do much to actually affect anything, and as we are seeing with the smoke in the NorthEast, Mother Nature laughs at our efforts and proves we had clean air already before the Canadian fires. We all want clean air an water.

Regards,
Jim

Last edited:
The second flaw in the argument is that if these regulations were not in place, every household benefits. The only people that would benefit are corporations and rich shareholders.

It's the exact opposite of that.
  • There is no doubt that these regs raise prices.
  • Corps still need to make a profit, otherwise, why be a corporation at all.
  • They pass on all of the costs to the consumer.

It is the consumer who pays.

Regards,
Jim

Oh, I think everyone sees how much prices of everything have increased. The main driving force is the cost of energy. So goes that, so goes the price of just about everything.

Biden's green energy push contributes to making electricity, gasoline and diesel more expensive.

My power bill increased 37% in one year. That's trivial compared to lots of places in the US recently, particularly the NorthEast....

View attachment 799973
View attachment 799979

I don't use much gasoline, but most things I buy use it. Price of food, services, rent, everything up.

These green initiatives lower our standard of living, which should be the metric which is used to decide if they are implemented. They also don't do much to actually affect anything, and as we are seeing with the smoke in the NorthEast, Mother Nature laughs at our efforts and proves we had clean air already before the Canadian fires. We all want clean air an water.

Regards,
Jim
Dems willingly sacrifice the poor and working class on the alter of climate change. They don't give a shit.

It's the exact opposite of that.
  • There is no doubt that these regs raise prices.
  • Corps still need to make a profit, otherwise, why be a corporation at all.
  • They pass on all of the costs to the consumer.

It is the consumer who pays.

Regards,
Jim

Not to mention, that average across the board comes out of the economy, meaning----------> it either lessens investment, lowers the amount of goods consumers can buy, or a combination of both. People need to realize, that these costs are NEW costs to them. So, a raise in your paycheck means little, because these costs will just rise with inflation. In essence, it is a NEW government tax put in by regulation so as the politicians can point to corporations, instead of at them, as product costs rise.

The Daily Mail UK isn’t a valid source. Nice attempt at bullshitting the American people though.

The Daily Mail UK isn’t a valid source. Nice attempt at bullshitting the American people though.

DragonLady, the irony is that you are so biased by your own politics that you don't even spend a second to actually look at anything.

While the report was covered by the DailyMail, the DailyMail is not the source of the report.

The report is authored by Casey B. Mulligan is a professor of economics at the University of Chicago, who served as chief economist at the White House Council of Economic Advisers.

The data sources are provided in the report. They include:
  • Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, 2021
  • Congressional Budget Office. 2023
  • Council of Economic Advisers. 2020
  • Office of Management and Budget
  • U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
  • U.S. Department of Labor
  • U.S. Government Accountability Office

Learn to read, and quit being a troll.

Regards,
Jim

Forum List