The Real Jimmy Carter

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by tim_duncan2000, May 23, 2004.

1. tim_duncan2000

tim_duncan2000 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    I had always thought that he was a bad President, but he seemed like a decent person. Now I'm not so sure. This new book talks about the side of Jimmy Carter that not many know or want to talk about. Here are some examples:

He doesn't seem so decent now.

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    He never seemed that decent to me. Much like Clinton, he used his supposed Christianity to get elected and to appeal to the middle ground.

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,149
    He always came off as a glory seeker. He was always trying to get peace in the world, not for the sake of peace but so he could get that peace prize. i mean all we have to do is look at his plans to realize that. I mean what kind of person who wants peace would offere the North Koreans nuclear technology for their promise not to create Nuclear weapons. Is this someone who really wanted peace?

I was reading a book on leadership by some liberal woman praising Jimmy Carter for being such a great leader. i literally wanted to chuck the book accross the room and the whole credibility of what she was saying had to be questioned becaues of her praise of him. I dont know whether he is a decent guy or not. All i know is he is horrible at leading.

4. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    I think even the democrats want to forget about Carter. :D