The Real Jew?

Or perhaps you could embellish your tale of the off-the-reservation IDF commando who was stabbed to death and thrown into the sea last Memorial Day on the Mavi Marmara?
So, how many wedding parties did we smoke from above in Afganistan today?

Again, like the last time you brought this topic up, Why such a huge amount of hate for one particular group? Why are Jews different from Irish, Koreans, Germans, Kenyans?

I presume this is really a rhetorical question.

You and I both know why some people are so obsessed with Jews.

This place is rife with brownshirts.

Sometimes they openly acknowledge their hatred, sometimes they try to couch their hatred behind the maquarde of asking "innocent" questions.

But the fact is one knows these people by their obsession about Jews and Isreal.

Now if they tell you that they are upset about Isreal (as I am, too actually) then you have to pretend to believe them, because as an American one ought to have the right to object to our foreign policy.

But Isreal is hardly the ONLY cxountry that we support that has a miserable record for human rights.

But these people never seem to be bothered by those other nations, do they?

That's rather telling as far as I am concerned.
Isn't it also telling that our support for Israel seemingly knows no bounds? It isn't only the $7million/day in military aid we bestow on a nation with hundreds of rogue nuclear weapons. That would be bad enough, in my opinion.

We also hold the Jewish state to a completely different moral standard than any other country on the planet, and I no longer believe that's due to feelings of "guilt" over Hitler's crimes.

The most telling single example of this occurred during the Six Day War when Israeli air and navel forces attempted to sink the USS Liberty and leave no survivors.

To this day it's the only incident of its kind that has never been investigated by the US Congress.

Our current congress, by comparison, prefers to spend its time sabotaging unilateral attempts for Palestinian statehood:

"The US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation revealed today the text of a secret anti-Palestinian resolution to be voted on by the House of Representatives later in the day.

"The full text of the draft resolution, not yet made public officially, is reprinted below.*

"The resolution, introduced by Rep. Howard Berman, Chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, condemns Palestinian efforts to establish an independent state."

US Campaign

Again, like the last time you brought this topic up, Why such a huge amount of hate for one particular group? Why are Jews different from Irish, Koreans, Germans, Kenyans?

Sometimes they openly acknowledge their hatred, sometimes they try to couch their hatred behind the maquarde of asking "innocent" questions.

But the fact is one knows these people by their obsession about Jews and Isreal.

Now if they tell you that they are upset about Isreal (as I am, too actually) then you have to pretend to believe them, because as an American one ought to have the right to object to our foreign policy.

But Isreal is hardly the ONLY country that we support that has a miserable record on human rights.

But these people here never seem to be bothered by those other nations, do they?

Isn't it also telling that our support for Israel seemingly knows no bounds? It isn't only the $7million/day in military aid we bestow on a nation with hundreds of rogue nuclear weapons. That would be bad enough, in my opinion.

We also hold the Jewish state to a completely different moral standard than any other country on the planet, and I no longer believe that's due to feelings of "guilt" over Hitler's crimes.

I think that's overstated.

There's plenty of countries that we are allied with whose record in civil rights are far worse.

That doesn't remotely excuse Isreal's record, of course, but I note that those other nations are never mentioned here.

That's because, generally speaking, the same people who apparently support the authoritarian nations that we are allied with, will not support Israel because they hate Jews.

Are they pissed that Egyptians live under a shamocracy? Or that we supported tyrannies all over Asia?

No, they're not. Not if you read the posts here everyday, as I do, at least.

The most telling single example of this occurred during the Six Day War when Israeli air and navel forces attempted to sink the USS Liberty and leave no survivors.

That's a vexing event and of course complaining about it and calling for a response to it isn't something that I object to.

Like I suppose you do, I think Israel attacked that ship because it was covering up something.

It ought to be investigated thoroughly by a THIRD PARTY since I doubt US Congress has the balls to do it.

To this day it's the only incident of its kind that has never been investigated by the US Congress.

If you say so. I really don't know if that's true.

Our current congress, by comparison, prefers to spend its time sabotaging unilateral attempts for Palestinian statehood:

True. We support our allies.

We sabotaged East Timor's bid for independence, too, but you don't see our resident NAZIs bitching (or probably even knowing anything) about that.

"The US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation revealed today the text of a secret anti-Palestinian resolution to be voted on by the House of Representatives later in the day.

"The full text of the draft resolution, not yet made public officially, is reprinted below.*

"The resolution, introduced by Rep. Howard Berman, Chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, condemns Palestinian efforts to establish an independent state."

US Campaign

You seem to want to try convince me that the USA is supportive of Israel.

Yeah, I know that's true. No need to beat that dead (but obvious) horse on my behalf. You're preaching to the choir.

I'm retorting: why are some posters here so obsessed with Israel's transgressions when our government support that same kind of transgressions (or much worse) in other countries?

Why don't our resident brownshort ALSO care about those victims of US foreign policy?

I'll tell you why, in case you're STILL missing my point...because they don't care about justice, they just hate JEWS.

Last edited:

But Isreal is hardly the ONLY cxountry that we support that has a miserable record for human rights.

US Campaign

The USS Cole was bombarded deliberately. The USS Liberty was a case of friendly fire. But I guess you don't care about Americans killed by Muslims. Do you care about the victims of 9/11?

Now tell us why you continuously apologize for racist rabbis and war criminals?

You seem to believe Jews are entitled to live under a different moral compass than the rest of us.

They're not.

And it isn't hate to point that out.

I don't defend anything wrong Israel does. It is a state like any other. What is unusual is when one of the soldiers goes off the reservation and does wrong, there always and investigation and usually harsh punishment for an offender.
I have made no defenses here. I have just asked a question. Why are you so bent out of shape about Israel? Rather than spend your time in your mom's basement typing hate, you should go to Community college (you can probably qualify for all kinds of student aid) and learn a skill to get you out of the basement.

The amount of time you spend worrying about a country 9000 miles away from you can be better spent leaning a useful skill. So you can get a decent job somewhere.
Or perhaps you could embellish your tale of the off-the-reservation IDF commando who was stabbed to death and thrown into the sea last Memorial Day on the Mavi Marmara?

If that's too taxing, comment on the state sanctioned racist rabbis who think all non Jews are here to serve the chosen people.
Crimes happen everywhere. Bigotry is part of the human genome for all I can see. Most everyone has a target, but you get to choose.

What interests me is why someone spends so much time on this message board, so much intellectual capital, so much of his emotional life on events 9000 miles away. Are you doing much about Racisim here in the US? Do you defend the rights of the local indians with as much fervor as you do people far distant?

We have gone over and over the facts and ways and means of Israel vs the Palestinians forever. We havent' moved forward an inch. Right now, I am interested in why one guy on one message board is so wrapped up in this, when He has so many more important fish to fry. I never see you argue tax policy, health care, trade issues, school policy...... just one country far away.

If Israel's nuke policy is bad, what then of our own, or that of North Korea, France, Iran, Pakistan, India, China, Russia...... You have never been in those discussions either.

I am interested in your motivations. What are they?

Can US Jews be supportive of Israel but critical of its policies?

Are such Jews not "real Jews?"

Let's ask Ira Stup:

"Ira Stup was raised in Philadelphia attending Jewish day school and camps. He found his home in the Jewish community and was “intoxicated with Jewish democracy” as framed in the ideals of Israel’s foundation.

"Now he has returned deeply troubled from a one-year fellowship based in Tel Aviv.

"The worst single incident occurred on Ben Yehuda Street in central Jerusalem. Stup, 24, a Columbia graduate, was returning from a rally with a couple of friends carrying a banner that said, 'Zionists are not settlers.'

"A group of religious Jews wearing yarmulkes approached, spat on them and started punching.

"About 20 people saw the whole thing and just watched. They were screaming, ‘You are not real Jews.’ Most of them were American.

"It was one of the most disappointing moments of my life — you can disagree as much as you want with a banner but to allow violence and not react is outrageous.

"'For me it was a turning point. Nobody previously had said I was not a real Jew.'”

Ira has a simple question for Real Jews:

"Why is it poisoning minds to encourage them to think critically about the actions of the Israeli government?"

The Real Jew...

A Jew is a Jew. It is not worth the effort trying to categorize them.

Let's ask Ira Stup:

"Ira Stup was raised in Philadelphia attending Jewish day school and camps. He found his home in the Jewish community and was “intoxicated with Jewish democracy” as framed in the ideals of Israel’s foundation.

"Now he has returned deeply troubled from a one-year fellowship based in Tel Aviv.

"The worst single incident occurred on Ben Yehuda Street in central Jerusalem. Stup, 24, a Columbia graduate, was returning from a rally with a couple of friends carrying a banner that said, 'Zionists are not settlers.'

"A group of religious Jews wearing yarmulkes approached, spat on them and started punching.

"About 20 people saw the whole thing and just watched. They were screaming, ‘You are not real Jews.’ Most of them were American.

"It was one of the most disappointing moments of my life — you can disagree as much as you want with a banner but to allow violence and not react is outrageous.

"'For me it was a turning point. Nobody previously had said I was not a real Jew.'”

"Why is it poisoning minds to encourage them to think critically about the actions of the Israeli government?"

The Real Jew...

There are many different types of Jews, I would love to hear you categorize some of us!

Let's ask Ira Stup:

The Real Jew...

There are many different types of Jews, I would love to hear you categorize some of us!

Two names pop up: Finkelstein and Lieberman.

For the most part everyone has come from other places. They might have been here for generations, don't speak their native tongue and don't have any family in the old country, yet they are called Italian-Americans, German-American, Chinese-Americans, Mexican-Americans, Haitian-Americans, Russian-Americans, Palestinian-Americans, Jewish Americans and even Native Americans etc.

A fear that always pops up is an American whose ancestors are from a different country going to remain loyal to America, esp in times of war? Muslim and Jewish Americans aren't the only ones who fall into this thinking. Take WW II, many Japanese, Italian and German Americans were detained (humanely I might add) for fear they might be loyal to the old country.

Hell I am very suspectible to this thinking myself, even though my own personal experiences tell me the exact opposite, I have occassionally showed a similar fear towards Arab, Muslim and Latinos, even though in me personal experience I have seen the opposite!

So, how many wedding parties did we smoke from above in Afganistan today?
Probably not enough to make Bibi or Obama happy.

Personally, I'm not claiming the US isn't at least as dependent upon state terror as Israel is; however, the US doesn't have state sanctioned clerics advising the faithful to discriminate against minorities.

US Campaign

The USS Cole was bombarded deliberately. The USS Liberty was a case of friendly fire. But I guess you don't care about Americans killed by Muslims. Do you care about the victims of 9/11?
Both the Cole and Liberty were deliberately targeted. Among the differences, the Cole was not in international waters and was not overflown multiple times and then attacked by an "ally."

Don't take my word for the deliberate attack on Liberty.

That is the official position of all surviving crewmen of the USS Liberty Incident:

"On June 8, 1967, US Navy intelligence ship USS Liberty was suddenly and brutally attacked on the high seas in international waters by the air and naval forces of Israel.

"The Israeli forces attacked with full knowledge that this was an American ship and lied about it.

"Survivors have been forbidden for 40 years to tell their story under oath to the American public.

"The USS Liberty Memorial web site tells their story and is dedicated to the memory of the 34 brave men who died.

Since you raise the issue of 911, I believe US support for Israel may have played a role in instigating that crime, and I spend time in that forum as well, calling for a truly independent into those events.

Finally, I can't get the link to my second quote to load properly.

Please Google USS Liberty Memorial.

Leonard Cohen in the Yom Kippur War: The shows at the front with Oshik Levi and Matti Caspi, the wild nights and the meeting with Ariel Sharon at an outpost. The full story behind the mythological visit to Israel by the legendary singer

By Rona Kuperboim

The truth is that Leonard Cohen arrived in Israel in September 1973 due to a personal crisis. But a week later the Yom Kippur War broke out, and the Jewish singer found himself at the front, armed with microphone and guitar.

For the first time “7 Nights” brings the full story behind the two months during which Cohen spent time at IDF’s outposts, sometimes under fire, fell in love with an Israeli woman, and spent time in coffee houses.

“I was afraid that my quiet songs could not encourage soldiers at the front”, Cohen said later, “but I learned that those wonderful kids do not require arousing heroic hymns. Between battles, now more than ever, they are open to my songs” [translated from the Hebrew, so not his own words exactly]

I met Leonard for four days. He met three women in those four days. Fell in love...

Well, he was no soldier... :razz: But, a real Jew...

He was always turning his head and saying things like, "Wow, I could really fall for her..."

Note the simularities in looks.

Two names pop up: Finkelstein and Lieberman.
Ah, the first, loved for smooching the arab butt and despised for being a joo; the second, hated for being a joo and for stomping that arab butt. A man, that is.

Personally, i see Finkelstein as a man who follows the Jewish tradition of integrity and high moral values. Lieberman is just a racist sack of crap.

But hey, everyone is entitled to his opinion.

Don't take my word for the deliberate attack on Liberty.
"Friendly fire" is a brief, accidental attack. This was a prolonged, carefully coordinated attack."
Ennes.
From 0330 till 0415 the US Coast Guard Cutter Point Welcome was twice under a coordinated attack first by a B-57, that shot her up with about 800 20mm rounds, and then she was bombed by a pair of F-4Cs.

But Isreal is hardly the ONLY country that we support that has a miserable record on human rights.

But these people here never seem to be bothered by those other nations, do they?

I think that's overstated.

There's plenty of countries that we are allied with whose record in civil rights are far worse.

That doesn't remotely excuse Isreal's record, of course, but I note that those other nations are never mentioned here.

That's because, generally speaking, the same people who apparently support the authoritarian nations that we are allied with, will not support Israel because they hate Jews.

Are they pissed that Egyptians live under a shamocracy? Or that we supported tyrannies all over Asia?

No, they're not. Not if you read the posts here everyday, as I do, at least.

That's a vexing event and of course complaining about it and calling for a response to it isn't something that I object to.

Like I suppose you do, I think Israel attacked that ship because it was covering up something.

It ought to be investigated thoroughly by a THIRD PARTY since I doubt US Congress has the balls to do it.

If you say so. I really don't know if that's true.

True. We support our allies.

We sabotaged East Timor's bid for independence, too, but you don't see our resident NAZIs bitching (or probably even knowing anything) about that.

US Campaign

You seem to want to try convince me that the USA is supportive of Israel.

Yeah, I know that's true. No need to beat that dead (but obvious) horse on my behalf. You're preaching to the choir.

I'm retorting: why are some posters here so obsessed with Israel's transgressions when our government support that same kind of transgressions (or much worse) in other countries?

Why don't our resident brownshort ALSO care about those victims of US foreign policy?

I'll tell you why, in case you're STILL missing my point...because they don't care about justice, they just hate JEWS.
Speaking only for myself, I think my obsession with Israel and Jews stems from a belief that a Jewish state in the middle of a geographical region that was and is overwhelmingly Arab could not have happened without western colonialism as a driving force.

Briefly, Israel was created to buy western arms (purchased by US taxpayers) and then raise some holy hell while the smokescreen of plucky little David versus the Arab Goliath concealed the amount of profits from Arab oil that was being diverted to London and New York banks.

What sets Israel apart from un-Democratic regimes around the world is her 200 plus nuclear weapons and what appears to be a growing divide within the Jewish state among Jews.

If civil war comes to Darfur or Saudi Arabia, it won't pose an existential threat to humanity. I'm not sure that's the case with Israel.

Finally, while there are no doubt Brownshirts posting here, there are also fanatics on Israel's side who immediately resort to juvenile invective and insults whenever someone questions Israel's motives. This is not done to facilitate an understanding of Israel's role in the world, and I think they know it.

Let's ask Ira Stup:

The Real Jew...

I think you're overreacting when you say that.

Noam Chomsky and Avigdor (and Joe) Lieberman are all Jews.

If you substitute Noam for either of the other two in US or Israeli politics, you would have a much different world today.

Let's ask Ira Stup:

The Real Jew...

I think you're overreacting when you say that.

Noam Chomsky and Avigdor (and Joe) Lieberman are all Jews.

If you substitute Noam for either of the other two in US or Israeli politics, you would have a much different world today.

LOL, your a Joker! Your saying there are only two types of Jews a radical Communist douche bag in every sense of the word in Chomsky and a clueless liberal in Lieberman. However, there is are also HIGHLY religious Jews, there are secular Jews (the majority of Israelis population), there are non-affiliated Jews and then there are the Conservative Jews such as Eric Cantor, Michael Medved, Marc Levin and Michael Savage!

So if there are only two types of Jews where does best American Jewish Politician Eric Cantor fit in with the Radical Communist type (Chumpsky) or the clueless liberal type (Liebrman)?

Speaking only for myself, I think my obsession with Israel and Jews

Israel and Jews. So, no one gets out alive...

At least you admit you are obsessed.

That's a start. First you have to recognize your disorder and obsession is a sick disorder. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back