The Real Jesus Was Not What Most People Think.

No, I am not taking that stance. I am taking the stance that we, do not understand God's actions in FULL and that we, as humans can twist and turn what God said, to make it mean something completely different than what the Jews over time, understood it to be.

as example, the Levite and Priest passed by the hurt man due to "religious laws" of the time on blood, and the Sabbath....they did this in Christ's parable because they THOUGHT they were following the rules of God in the Bible. however Christ pointed out that the religious, who thought they were preaching and following the word of God, WERE WRONG and that the lowly in status Samaritan man, who did not even have the Book of the Lord to go by, who stopped on the road to help this man, was the good one, the Good Samaritan, the Godly one.

and the Religious who questioned Divorce, those that had rules of how to handle it...while Jesus explained that God did NOT want them to divorce and that they had hardness of the heart.

these are just 2 examples of how Christ continually had to smack down in a literal sense the Holy ones and higher ups of the religion at the time.

Jesus made it CLEAR, that preachers and the very elect religious, ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT in their interpretation of the Bible and of God.

i disagree, he would not have popped them a good one....that is YOUR faulty human side speaking...

if Christ wanted to hit them, he would have.....but that contradicts what he taught and would have made him a hypocrite and faulty, and a mere human, like you and me.

Remember foolish people that we are talking about the same God who gave the Jews unlimited victories over their enemies with the foe being slaughtered on many an occasion.
God assisted the Jews in slaughtering those who would oppose the Jews. This was the same God who told the Jews to go into the Promised Land and slay ALL THE INHABITANTS THERE OF. SPARE NOT MAN, WOMAN OR CHILD. Kill them all.

Now, some how you want to pretend that this God of War and slaughter of the innocents is not the God who whipped the shit out of the money changers. You clowns are so friggin funny!

Sure, he killed countless millions of men, women and children, but he wouldn't hurt a money changer. Unbelievable. Are all of you people crazy????

admitting.... i don't understand God of the old testament as well as i understand Christ /God of the New testament with the new covenant.

i'm not certain those that wrote all of the books understood what they wrote....even Christ said things that makes one wonder if all that was done, was really what God told them to do....like when someone questioned Christ about the religiously LEGAL divorce, and Christ told them that God wanted them to marry and NOT divorce....yet they had rules and procedures of how to handle divorces and acted as though it was God that ''said it was okay''....

Christ, while here on Earth was NOT vengeful, was not a warrior, was a man of peace and resisted warring as the pharisees were jumping at the bit for rebellion against the Romans, Christ was submissive, and forgiving, he spent his time with sinners and beggars and the lowly crowds on the status scale, he said not to harm children and if we did we would be punished etc....

It is hard to understand how they can be the same God, yet I know they are....I suppose, someday, i will have a revelation, and understand it all ....:eusa_pray:

Christ was anything but submissive. How do you reach such a conclusion?

Remember foolish people that we are talking about the same God who gave the Jews unlimited victories over their enemies with the foe being slaughtered on many an occasion.
God assisted the Jews in slaughtering those who would oppose the Jews. This was the same God who told the Jews to go into the Promised Land and slay ALL THE INHABITANTS THERE OF. SPARE NOT MAN, WOMAN OR CHILD. Kill them all.

Now, some how you want to pretend that this God of War and slaughter of the innocents is not the God who whipped the shit out of the money changers. You clowns are so friggin funny!

Sure, he killed countless millions of men, women and children, but he wouldn't hurt a money changer. Unbelievable. Are all of you people crazy????

admitting.... i don't understand God of the old testament as well as i understand Christ /God of the New testament with the new covenant.

i'm not certain those that wrote all of the books understood what they wrote....even Christ said things that makes one wonder if all that was done, was really what God told them to do....like when someone questioned Christ about the religiously LEGAL divorce, and Christ told them that God wanted them to marry and NOT divorce....yet they had rules and procedures of how to handle divorces and acted as though it was God that ''said it was okay''....

Christ, while here on Earth was NOT vengeful, was not a warrior, was a man of peace and resisted warring as the pharisees were jumping at the bit for rebellion against the Romans, Christ was submissive, and forgiving, he spent his time with sinners and beggars and the lowly crowds on the status scale, he said not to harm children and if we did we would be punished etc....

It is hard to understand how they can be the same God, yet I know they are....I suppose, someday, i will have a revelation, and understand it all ....:eusa_pray:

he was submissive to the law when He was arrested, and ask the others not to rebel....

He was submissive to the Father when on the cross...

He told his disciples that when they meet an adversary to what he taught that was unwilling to listen to the gospel, then to dust off their feet and move onward...

He told his disciples who were upset when they came across a man that was preaching/healing in Jesus's name who was not part of their type of teaching to BACK OFF and said whoever is not against me is for me.

the Pharisees continually tried to get Christ to support rebellion against the repressive Roman rule and He continually turned it away....

the person being forced to walk with their adversary for a mile was told to walk another mile on their own free will, with their adversary...

Jesus told people to turn the other cheek...

He told them to love thy enemy....

He told them that their neighbor was not JUST the people that surround them, but all human beings....

he told them the MEEK will inherit the earth, not the mighty with sword.

there are hundreds of other examples of Christ being submissive, and teaching peace, while he was here on Earth.

No, I am not taking that stance. I am taking the stance that we, do not understand God's actions in FULL and that we, as humans can twist and turn what God said, to make it mean something completely different than what the Jews over time, understood it to be.

as example, the Levite and Priest passed by the hurt man due to "religious laws" of the time on blood, and the Sabbath....they did this in Christ's parable because they THOUGHT they were following the rules of God in the Bible. however Christ pointed out that the religious, who thought they were preaching and following the word of God, WERE WRONG and that the lowly in status Samaritan man, who did not even have the Book of the Lord to go by, who stopped on the road to help this man, was the good one, the Good Samaritan, the Godly one.

and the Religious who questioned Divorce, those that had rules of how to handle it...while Jesus explained that God did NOT want them to divorce and that they had hardness of the heart.

these are just 2 examples of how Christ continually had to smack down in a literal sense the Holy ones and higher ups of the religion at the time.

Jesus made it CLEAR, that preachers and the very elect religious, ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT in their interpretation of the Bible and of God.

Then, my dear lady you are strongly supporting my position that Jesus has a dislike for religion that confuses the simple message that God brought to the people thousands of years earlier.

What was that simple message?

love God with all thy heart mind and soul and love thy neighbor as thyself, (and that our neighbor is every human not some select group)

i disagree, he would not have popped them a good one....that is YOUR faulty human side speaking...

if Christ wanted to hit them, he would have.....but that contradicts what he taught and would have made him a hypocrite and faulty, and a mere human, like you and me.

he was submissive to the law when He was arrested, and ask the others not to rebel....

He told his disciples that when they meet an adversary to what he taught that was unwilling to listen to the gospel, then to dust off their feet and move onward...

He told his disciples who were upset when they came across a man that was preaching/healing in Jesus's name who was not part of their type of teaching to BACK OFF and said whoever is not against me is for me.

the Pharisees continually tried to get Christ to support rebellion against the repressive Roman rule and He continually turned it away....

the person being forced to walk with their adversary for a mile was told to walk another mile on their own free will, with their adversary...

He told them that their neighbor was not JUST the people that surround them, but all human beings....

there are hundreds of other examples of Christ being submissive, and teaching peace, while he was here on Earth.

It looks like you really have not examined what Jesus did. His entire ministry was a rebellion over and against both the Temple and Roman rule. He was never submissive to either one.

Then, my dear lady you are strongly supporting my position that Jesus has a dislike for religion that confuses the simple message that God brought to the people thousands of years earlier.

What was that simple message?

What we calll religion today did not exist in the 1st century areas of Judea.

It looks like you really have not examined what Jesus did. His entire ministry was a rebellion over and against both the Temple and Roman rule. He was never submissive to either one.

i disagree...Jesus did not call for a rebellion against the religious hierarchy nor did he call for his followers to rebel against the Romans....maybe i missed something? can you give an example of where He did such? He did the OPPOSITE from what i can remember, one example was when the pharisees were seeking reason to go to war against the romans due to their taxing them....and Christ asked whose face was on the coin, and said for them to give unto Caesar what is his....

Jesus used ''the Word of God'' to slap down the religious not physical force, not via war or via blood...other than His own blood, which he freely gave....or submissively gave.

maybe using submissive doesn't cover all of his actions and teachings, and i could have used a better word or a few words to describe Christ, but what i do know and what i was responding to, was that Jesus was NOT an aggressor, he was not a Warrior in the physical sense, He killed no one, even when being unfairly accused.

CL said:

Care4all said:
i disagree...Jesus did not call for a rebellion against the religious hierarchy nor did he call for his followers to rebel against the Romans....maybe i missed something? can you give an example of where He did such? He did the OPPOSITE from what i can remember, one example was when the pharisees were seeking reason to go to war against the romans due to their taxing them....and Christ asked whose face was on the coin, and said for them to give unto Caesar what is his....

Jesus used ''the Word of God'' to slap down the religious not physical force, not via war or via blood...other than His own blood, which he freely gave....or submissively gave.

maybe using submissive doesn't cover all of his actions and teachings, and i could have used a better word or a few words to describe Christ, but what i do know and what i was responding to, was that Jesus was NOT an aggressor, he was not a Warrior in the physical sense, He killed no one, even when being unfairly accused.

Jesus used the Caesar question to continue his rebellion, but I'm guessing you don't see how.

He was an agressor and a warrior but not in the modern understanding because he never used physical violence directly on people. He physical attack on the Temple was not exactly what you could call submissive in any form.

His ministry was a rebellion against the Temple and Rome because he was instructing and teaching people to not pay the Temple and de facto, Rome. Do you have any basic historical knowledge of the situation? That is not a patronizing question. Do you know there is never a time recorded where Jesus paid a Temple tax? I'm trying to find a starting point of common knowledge to better explain my pov.

Last edited:
His ministry was a rebellion against the Temple and Rome because he was instructing and teaching people to not pay the Temple and de facto, Rome. Do you have any basic historical knowledge of the situation? That is not a patronizing question. Do you know there is never a time recorded where Jesus paid a Temple tax? I'm trying to find a starting point of common knowledge to better explain my pov.

New International Version (©1984)
Then Jesus said to them, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's." And they were amazed at him.

New Living Translation (©2007)
"Well, then," Jesus said, "give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God." His reply completely amazed them.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they marveled at him.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
And Jesus said to them, "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." And they were amazed at Him.

International Standard Version (©2008)
So Jesus said to them, "Give back to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." And they were utterly amazed at him.

Jesus used the Caesar question to continue his rebellion, but I'm guessing you don't see how.

He was an agressor and a warrior but not in the modern understanding because he never used physical violence directly on people. He physical attack on the Temple was not exactly what you could call submissive in any form.

all i can say is that you are mostly WRONG....HE was not rebelling against the 'church' nor the Romans, He was here to teach us, the way of the Lord that had been misconstrued in many ways by the religious hierarchy. He never once encouraged his followers to rebel against the 'church' or the romans... please provide a passage where he did, to support YOUR claim.

Also you totally misunderstand the give unto caesar phrase, i suggest YOU do some more reading on what this was about....the pharisees were trying to TRICK Jesus in to going to battle or war against the Romans....He wanted no PART of such....

and the turning of the tables of the money changesr was NOT because the followers were not to give alms, but because the alms they gave had to be of a certain COIN and the money changers were greedy and charging very high interest on this exchange of coin for the alms...it was usury and greed at God's temple.

Wow. Pretty heavy picture you painted of Jesus. If you ever get the chance, this would be a good thing to ask Him about personally. Straight from the horse's mouth, if you know what I mean.

Jesus might lift his wallet...

Ninety percent of those people who call themselves Christians do not have the slightest idea what is in the Bible. It is also obvious from the responses here. Everything that I wrote about is in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Ruth. I have had people tell me that Jesus never did any of the things I have written about above. Amazing stupidity from people who claim faith but know nothing about their faith.

Do any of you guys know who the murderous Zealot was in his band of merry men?
Do you know who the money grubber was? Think tax collector.
Do you know about the woman caught in adultery and Mary Magdalene?
Do you know that gleaning from the fields is?
I could go on and on, but it is all there.

Do you have any idea what is not in the Bible? Why was it left out and who left it out?
And which parts of the Bible are fact and which is myth?

all i can say is that you are mostly WRONG....HE was not rebelling against the 'church' nor the Romans, He was here to teach us, the way of the Lord that had been misconstrued in many ways by the religious hierarchy. He never once encouraged his followers to rebel against the 'church' or the romans... please provide a passage where he did, to support YOUR claim.

Also you totally misunderstand the give unto caesar phrase, i suggest YOU do some more reading on what this was about....the pharisees were trying to TRICK Jesus in to going to battle or war against the Romans....He wanted no PART of such....

and the turning of the tables of the money changesr was NOT because the followers were not to give alms, but because the alms they gave had to be of a certain COIN and the money changers were greedy and charging very high interest on this exchange of coin for the alms...it was usury and greed at God's temple.

Jesus not rebelling against the church?
He certainly was as that is what Jesus was all about. Jesus was a radical for his time.

He certainly was as that is what Jesus was all about. Jesus was a radical for his time.

YES His teachings were radical at the time, IN A PEACEFUL SENSE....

he did NOT SHED BLOOD of anyone but himself....

Also, He DID NOT tell or encourage his followers to leave the church/ the temple or Judaism....they still went to Temple, they still followed the Law...he just clarified the Law....and fulfilled the Law.

That's like saying Ford was rebelling against the steam engine. :cuckoo:

Lemme guess....you're one of the ignorant fools who says:

"Jesus had nothing to do with politics."

You need a 101 course so I'm going to have to get back to you.

Lemme guess....you're one of the ignorant fools who says:

"Jesus had nothing to do with politics."

You need a 101 course so I'm going to have to get back to you.

Jesus had nothing to do with politics.:D

Jesus did not come to this world to involve himself with government or politics...he may have gotten involved with it as a victim, or through the continual tricks of the Pharisees trying to get him to support rebellion in the form of battle against the Romans, yet he would have no part of it!?

So, how about ACTING like a Christian instead of acting holier than thou?

why don't to explain further your premise on how it 'all went down'' and give some Biblical support to it, so i can at least research YOUR view of this?

so far you've made NO COMMENT on the numerous passages in the Bible which i responded to you with that support my contention and only come back to accuse me of being ignorant....

i'd venture to guess it is YOU who does not really understand Christ or what being a follower of Him means, but that would be a little rash of me, wouldn't it be?

His ministry was a rebellion against the Temple and Rome because he was instructing and teaching people to not pay the Temple and de facto, Rome. I'm trying to find a starting point of common knowledge to better explain my pov.

YES His teachings were radical at the time, IN A PEACEFUL SENSE....

he did NOT SHED BLOOD of anyone but himself....

Also, He DID NOT tell or encourage his followers to leave the church/ the temple or Judaism....they still went to Temple, they still followed the Law...he just clarified the Law....and fulfilled the Law.

If he didn't encourage people to leave Judaism then where did Christianity come from?

That's like saying Ford was rebelling against the steam engine. :cuckoo:

That was a funny joke there buster but all your comment amounts to is a joke.

Jesus did not conform to many of the Jewish customs and mores of his day. If you do not know that then there is no use debating you about that.
Forgiveness and love thy neighbor part of the Jewish society of the day? Acceptance of everyone?
LOL. You need a good history of the day to understand that Jesus rebeled against almost everything of the norm of his day.

Christ rejected the interpretations and uses of the Law by the religious echelon, HE DID NOT reject Judaism nor the Law.

and if rejected equals rebelled against, then I absolutely agree.

but if 'rebelled against' or rebellion means He took up ARMS AGAINST the Pharisees or ARMS AGAINST the Romans, THAT He did NOT do and this WAS my POINT.

He was NOT a warrior when He walked on Earth with us back then and I defy ANYONE to provide proof that Jesus was a warrior or killer of any sort 2000 years ago.

In addition to this, in the Gospel it says that Christ said, He did NOT come to Earth to abolish the Law, but to fulfill the Law.

Christ was not a conformist, and did not agree with the religious rulers at the time, but by no means could He be called VIOLENT, or BRUTAL towards other human beings....He was against INSURRECTION and constantly rebuked the Pharisees and Levites that were trying to trick Him in to supporting rebellion/insurrection.

even towards those money changers at the temple that he chased away, WERE NEVER TOUCHED by Him, and I defy you all again to PROVE OTHERWISE.

Now, on His second coming....that's another story, but on His First Coming, He was a Man of Peace....a Dove.....He preached and taught Love and Peace....and I honestly do not see how anyone can say otherwise.

Forum List

Back