The Real Jesus Was Not What Most People Think.

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
Many years ago, there was a song that went, "Jesus walked around showing his tender love. Those who believed had a small taste of heaven above. People saw and were amazed at his healing power. God don't change as the Bible says, and he is healing people now."

So was Jesus this wonderful, all loving, all kind person who showed us how we were supposed to live our lives?

In the Bible we see a man, Jesus, who walked around several Roman provinces creating difficulty for the administrators of those provinces. People were rising up against the Romans and killing them in all of the areas that Jesus traveled to and spoke to the masses. He had a crowd of men who followed him. One of the men of that crowd was a Zealot who was active in pushing insurrection and fomented the killing of Roman officials. Because of his associations, the Romans did not like or trust Jesus of Nazareth.

Jesus not only kept company with a bunch of ragged men who frequently slept out in fields at night, but he and his men were guilty of taking grain from the fields to eat without the farmers' permission. In the cities, Jesus kept company with whores and prostitutes and people who stole money from the masses. The saying used to be that "They will know you by the company that you keep." Well, certainly, Jesus did not keep good company.

Jesus had a bad habit of attacking dignified and devout Jewish religious leaders and calling them ugly names by the dozen. These good men who were trying to keep the populace placated so they would stop rising up against the Roman government were called "Blind, Fools, Hypocrites" and a host of other nasty names.

At a time where tensions were extremely high Jesus was seen with a whip hitting his fellow Jews and beating them viciously so that they were running in all different directions while Jesus ransacked their places of business. Obviously, this is not a man who was "Walking around showing his tender love." He was called by many, "A Mad Man." and many were afraid of him.

I could go on and on and on and on, but the reality is that if we were to pattern our lives on the life that Jesus lived, we would more than likely be in jail or in courts under trial for criminal and civil offenses. That is not exactly the type of example we would want to set if we were trying to create a new religion. Obviously something was wrong here.

Wow. Pretty heavy picture you painted of Jesus. If you ever get the chance, this would be a good thing to ask Him about personally. Straight from the horse's mouth, if you know what I mean.

I'll agree that something is wrong with religion as a whole, but what you just said was spoken as if you were actually there to witness Jesus do these things. Thanks for the laugh though. Where did you cut and paste this from?

I'd love to read more of their insights in to the life of Jesus. Maybe they have a good article about what life with dinosaurs was really like, and I then I can read how on the "7th day, God didn't really rest, he was just playing raquetball down at the YMCA".

I find it hard to take seriously the words of a man standing in a cornfield dressed only in daisy dukes and black crew socks......
You must be a hideously butt ugly person to exhibit such nastiness. Have you ever wondered why you act the way that you do?

Last edited:
I'll agree that something is wrong with religion as a whole, but what you just said was spoken as if you were actually there to witness Jesus do these things. Thanks for the laugh though. Where did you cut and paste this from?

I'd love to read more of their insights in to the life of Jesus. Maybe they have a good article about what life with dinosaurs was really like, and I then I can read how on the "7th day, God didn't really rest, he was just playing raquetball down at the YMCA".

I did not cut and paste. I have that information from a very good source, The Bible. Have you ever read it?

I did not cut and paste. I have that information from a very good source, The Bible. Have you ever read it?

Ahhhh, makes sense. You cut and paste from the bible. A book of childrens stories and fairy tales. Thanks for clearing that up.

Many years ago, there was a song that went, "Jesus walked around showing his tender love. Those who believed had a small taste of heaven above. People saw and were amazed at his healing power. God don't change as the Bible says, and he is healing people now."

So was Jesus this wonderful, all loving, all kind person who showed us how we were supposed to live our lives?

In the Bible we see a man, Jesus, who walked around several Roman provinces creating difficulty for the administrators of those provinces. People were rising up against the Romans and killing them in all of the areas that Jesus traveled to and spoke to the masses. He had a crowd of men who followed him. One of the men of that crowd was a Zealot who was active in pushing insurrection and fomented the killing of Roman officials. Because of his associations, the Romans did not like or trust Jesus of Nazareth.

Jesus not only kept company with a bunch of ragged men who frequently slept out in fields at night, but he and his men were guilty of taking grain from the fields to eat without the farmers' permission. In the cities, Jesus kept company with whores and prostitutes and people who stole money from the masses. The saying used to be that "They will know you by the company that you keep." Well, certainly, Jesus did not keep good company.

Jesus had a bad habit of attacking dignified and devout Jewish religious leaders and calling them ugly names by the dozen. These good men who were trying to keep the populace placated so they would stop rising up against the Roman government were called "Blind, Fools, Hypocrites" and a host of other nasty names.

At a time where tensions were extremely high Jesus was seen with a whip hitting his fellow Jews and beating them viciously so that they were running in all different directions while Jesus ransacked their places of business. Obviously, this is not a man who was "Walking around showing his tender love." He was called by many, "A Mad Man." and many were afraid of him.

I could go on and on and on and on, but the reality is that if we were to pattern our lives on the life that Jesus lived, we would more than likely be in jail or in courts under trial for criminal and civil offenses. That is not exactly the type of example we would want to set if we were trying to create a new religion. Obviously something was wrong here.

You really are not informed enough and Jesus never hit anyone with the whip. Or does your bloodlust drive you to such absurd claims with no conviction?

39g6400777.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSwG9Tojg9I]YouTube - Sam Kinison - Jesus didn't have a wife[/ame]

Technically, Jesus was a bastard.

I find it hard to take seriously the words of a man standing in a cornfield dressed only in daisy dukes and black crew socks......
You must be a hideously butt ugly person to exhibit such nastiness. Have you ever wondered why you act the way that you do?

:wtf:
That reply "exhibited nastiness"??? Wow.....

Nope, I am neither hideous nor butt ugly, and only as nasty as is absolutely necessary. Although now in my late 40's I'm not the head turner I was in my 20's, I do I believe I've aged well enough. I never really "wondered" but since you ask, I guess I gotta credit my southern raising with my "acting the way I do". You ever wonder why you act the way you do?

I do gotta give ya props, though, man. Even back in my rock star days I never, ever felt pretty enough to sport black crews with my daisies.....

Right except the end. We should be willing to die to further good and obstruct evil. You can't be an ethical or even a good person if you aren't willing to stand up for what is right, regardless of the consequences. If people had stood up to the Nazis early on, the world would be a better place. If people had stood up to Stalin, the world would be a better place.

You are absolutely right about Christ. Christ was and is a warrior. He died because he was adamant and would not lie about his purpose or his identity. He died because people would not stand up and say "this is wrong".

Are you joking? You're the fucking nutwack lusting over nuking millions of men women and children you sick fuck. But someone making a dumb comment about daisy dukes is nasty.....when will you Westboro Baptist asswipes get a clue?

Sooooooooooo ...

Jesus was a Democrat?

Is that what you're saying?

Wow. Pretty heavy picture you painted of Jesus. If you ever get the chance, this would be a good thing to ask Him about personally. Straight from the horse's mouth, if you know what I mean.

Jesus might lift his wallet...

Ninety percent of those people who call themselves Christians do not have the slightest idea what is in the Bible. It is also obvious from the responses here. Everything that I wrote about is in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Ruth. I have had people tell me that Jesus never did any of the things I have written about above. Amazing stupidity from people who claim faith but know nothing about their faith.

Do any of you guys know who the murderous Zealot was in his band of merry men?
Do you know who the money grubber was? Think tax collector.
Do you know about the woman caught in adultery and Mary Magdalene?
Do you know that gleaning from the fields is?
I could go on and on, but it is all there.

The Real Jesus Was Not What Most People Think.

That's because the "real" Jesus was made out of chocolate.

chocolate_jesus_1_2.jpg

Forum List

Back