The real climate story of 2010

Before Global Warming.

fig6.jpg

Any questions?

Coupling of CO2 and Ice Sheet Stability Over Major Climate Transitions of the Last 20 Million Years | Science/AAAS

Coupling of CO2 and Ice Sheet Stability Over Major Climate Transitions of the Last 20 Million Years
Aradhna K. Tripati1,2,*, Christopher D. Roberts2 and Robert A. Eagle3
+ Author Affiliations

1Departments of Earth and Space Sciences and Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, and Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA.
2Department of Earth Sciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, CB2 3EQ, UK.
3Division of Geological and Planetary Sciences, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA.
*To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail: [email protected]
Abstract
The carbon dioxide (CO2) content of the atmosphere has varied cyclically between ~180 and ~280 parts per million by volume over the past 800,000 years, closely coupled with temperature and sea level. For earlier periods in Earth’s history, the partial pressure of CO2 (pCO2) is much less certain, and the relation between pCO2 and climate remains poorly constrained. We use boron/calcium ratios in foraminifera to estimate pCO2 during major climate transitions of the past 20 million years. During the Middle Miocene, when temperatures were ~3° to 6°C warmer and sea level was 25 to 40 meters higher than at present, pCO2 appears to have been similar to modern levels. Decreases in pCO2 were apparently synchronous with major episodes of glacial expansion during the Middle Miocene (~14 to 10 million years ago) and Late Pliocene (~3.3 to 2.4 million years ago).

So how come we're not 3-6 warmer and sea level 25-40 meters higher now? Do you bother reading the articles you post?

The only threat to the climate is all the bullshit spewed by these climate wackos.....get a job and GET A LIFE.

decades to hundreds of thousands of years to remove carbon dioxide from fossil-fuel burning from the atmosphere

Hahahahahahaha...Kinda covers all the bases dosen't it. I will earn a million dollars between one year and a hundred years from now...Prove me wrong please. You may as well stop now because I can pop in here once a week and blow any post you submit out of the water, or atmosphere if you would prefer...But it may take between 10 and hundreds of thousands of years :)

Would you care to explain why you consider these articles, and the many more that I could post to, Gossip?

your OP is a link to climate change celebrity gossip. nothing you've posted since changes that. what is your goal?

A stunning year in climate science reveals that human civilization is on the precipice Climate Progress

This week marks the one-year anniversary of what the anti-science crowd successfully labeled ‘Climategate’. The media will be doing countless retrospectives, most of which will be wasted ink, like the Guardian’s piece — focusing on climate scientists at the expense of climate science, which is precisely the kind of miscoverage that has been going on for the whole year!

I’ll save that my media critiques for Part 2, since I think that Climategate’s biggest impact was probably on the media, continuing their downward trend of focusing on style over substance, of missing the story of the century, if not the millennia.

The last year or so has seen more scientific papers and presentations that raise the genuine prospect of catastrophe (if we stay on our current emissions path) that I can recall seeing in any other year.

Precipice of what? Did we just scale the precipice, or are we in danger of falling down it? Do yoi know? Do you really care, or are you just trying to scare us?

Would you care to explain why you consider these articles, and the many more that I could post to, Gossip?

your OP is a link to climate change celebrity gossip. nothing you've posted since changes that. what is your goal?

I see. Articles published in peer reviewed scientific journals are celebrity gossip. OK, I get you point of view, Antagon.

I see. Articles published in peer reviewed scientific journals are celebrity gossip. OK, I get you point of view, Antagon.

If you think Climate Progress is a peer reviewed scientific journal you are more delusional than I though.

About Climate Progress

Climate Progress is dedicated to providing the progressive perspective on climate science, climate solutions, and climate politics. It is a project of the Center for American Progress Action Fund, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization.

About Climate Progress Climate Progress

This is nothing but politics.

If you think Climate Progress is a peer reviewed scientific journal you are more delusional than I though.

About Climate Progress

Climate Progress is dedicated to providing the progressive perspective on climate science, climate solutions, and climate politics. It is a project of the Center for American Progress Action Fund, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization.

It's worse than that. Romm is a virulent alarmist most infamous for his call to

'Execute' Skeptics! Shock Call To Action: 'At what point do we jail or execute global warming deniers' -- 'Shouldn't we start punishing them now?'

And another example of his insanity is here....

Veterans Day, 2030 Climate Progress

olfraud certainly chooses his prophets well...if you're a Unabomber fan that is.

you make the point that you cant tell the head from the ass of the situation, rocks. climateprogress.org is to climate science what perezhilton.com is to the arts... and so are you.

51dR9ONTHkL.jpg

About Climate Progress

It's worse than that. Romm is a virulent alarmist most infamous for his call to

'Execute' Skeptics! Shock Call To Action: 'At what point do we jail or execute global warming deniers' -- 'Shouldn't we start punishing them now?'

And another example of his insanity is here....

Veterans Day, 2030 Climate Progress

olfraud certainly chooses his prophets well...if you're a Unabomber fan that is.
whats even more funny is they claim to be non-partisan
:lol:

they're probably progressive but non-partisan. there's the progress party, greens, dems, etc...

This made me laugh my balls off...................

Just to show you how much has changed in the past year..........its not at all about the science anymore ( if you think that, you're a fcukking mental case). Right now, the whole climate change debate...............

IS DEAD

Nobody cares..........the New York Times isnt even sending a reporter to Cancun for the Climate Summit...........Dead Green Treaty Stinks Up The Room | Via Meadia

:up::fu::up::fu::boobies::fu::up::boobies::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface:

This made me laugh my balls off...................

Just to show you how much has changed in the past year..........its not at all about the science anymore ( if you think that, you're a fcukking mental case). Right now, the whole climate change debate...............

IS DEAD

Nobody cares..........the New York Times isnt even sending a reporter to Cancun for the Climate Summit...........Dead Green Treaty Stinks Up The Room | Via Meadia

:up::fu::up::fu::boobies::fu::up::boobies::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface:

Good article!

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/326/5958/1394.abstract

Coupling of CO2 and Ice Sheet Stability Over Major Climate Transitions of the Last 20 Million Years
Aradhna K. Tripati1,2,*, Christopher D. Roberts2 and Robert A. Eagle3
+ Author Affiliations

1Departments of Earth and Space Sciences and Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, and Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA.
2Department of Earth Sciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, CB2 3EQ, UK.
3Division of Geological and Planetary Sciences, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA.
*To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail: [email protected]
Abstract
The carbon dioxide (CO2) content of the atmosphere has varied cyclically between ~180 and ~280 parts per million by volume over the past 800,000 years, closely coupled with temperature and sea level. For earlier periods in Earth’s history, the partial pressure of CO2 (pCO2) is much less certain, and the relation between pCO2 and climate remains poorly constrained. We use boron/calcium ratios in foraminifera to estimate pCO2 during major climate transitions of the past 20 million years. During the Middle Miocene, when temperatures were ~3° to 6°C warmer and sea level was 25 to 40 meters higher than at present, pCO2 appears to have been similar to modern levels. Decreases in pCO2 were apparently synchronous with major episodes of glacial expansion during the Middle Miocene (~14 to 10 million years ago) and Late Pliocene (~3.3 to 2.4 million years ago).
looked up each of the authors backgrounds and none are climate scientists? Geographical and earth science, but not climate science. So excuse me that you have no climate experts in your post.

Forum List

Back