The RCC's New Witchhunt

How sick is it that people make it their mission to fight for the RIGHT of women to kill their own children, and then call it, PRO-CHOICE... gives me the willies.

sick sick sick

If you hate abortion my advise to you is to never have an abortion.

A Catholic is not excommunicated merely because his views diverge from the Pope's. Even a Catholic woman who has an abortion is not excommunicated, provided the RCC even knows about it....that is what the Sacrament of Confession is for. For some people, the moral absurdity of the Pope's anti-abortion, anti-contraception and anti-sex POV is overwhelming, yet they adhere to their faith as best they can.

Who appointed you Catholic-tester for all of Planet Earth? What happened to "judge not, lest ye be judged"?

To be catholic you have to hate homos too.

Not only is that utter bullshit, it is the polar opposite of what we are taught. I have gay friends... I don't 'hate' them. I care very much for them. Only total idiots think we 'hate' anyone - we are taught to love our fellow man.... ALL of them. I don't judge anyone for their life or choices.

Some Catholic dogma condemns homosexuality. The RCC is not the most open-minded of faiths.

No Catholic should vote for a pro-choice candidate. It ain't rocket science.

IMO, "even" a Catholic should have complete privacy as to who they vote for. The choice could be based on another issue, or they could be a pro-choice Catholic. It is between them and their conscience....not them, their conscience and all of Planet Earth via youtube.

WTF do these nosey parkers think they are, to condemn someone else's piety?

Catholics can not be Catholic and pro-choice. It is against our religion.

It's against every religion!

IMO, "even" a Catholic should have complete privacy as to who they vote for. The choice could be based on another issue, or they could be a pro-choice Catholic. It is between them and their conscience....not them, their conscience and all of Planet Earth via youtube.

What about 'cafeteria catholics'?

The term "cafeteria Catholicism" is a pejorative term applied to Catholics who dissent from Roman Catholic moral teaching on issues such as abortion, birth control, premarital sex, masturbation, and homosexuality.

The term is less frequently applied to those who dissent from other Catholic moral teaching on issues such as social justice, capital punishment, or just war; this is because these areas of Catholic teaching are much less clearly dogmatically defined by the Magisterium, and therefore open to debate.[14] The term has been in use since the issuance of Humanae Vitae, an official document that propounded the Church's opposition to the use of artificial birth control and advocates natural family planning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cafeteria_Christianity

Last edited:

Not "every" one, I love freedom. I bet good money Reform Judaism does not condemn elective abortion. Unitarianism also tolerates it, if I am not mistaken. Many mainstream Protestant sects approve of abortion in some circumstances....even some RCC clergy approve of it, if necessary to save the woman's life.

Not "every" one, I love freedom. I bet good money Reform Judaism does not condemn elective abortion. Unitarianism also tolerates it, if I am not mistaken. Many mainstream Protestant sects approve of abortion in some circumstances....even some RCC clergy approve of it, if necessary to save the woman's life.

Buddhism does consider abortion to be the taking of a human life. At the same time, Buddhists generally are reluctant to intervene in a woman's personal decision to terminate a pregnancy. Buddhism may discourage abortion, but it also discourages imposing rigid moral absolutes.

This may seem contradictory. In our culture, many think that if something is morally wrong it ought to be banned. However, the Buddhist view is that the rigid following of rules is not what makes us moral. Further, imposing authoritative rules often creates a new set of moral wrongs.

Buddhism teaches us not to impose our views on others and to have compassion for those facing difficult situations. Although some predominantly Buddhist countries, such as Thailand, place legal restrictions on abortion, many Buddhists do not think the state should intervene in matters of conscience.

Although Buddhism discourages abortion, we see that criminalizing abortion causes much suffering. The Alan Guttmacher Institute documents that criminalizing abortion does not stop it or even reduce it. Instead, abortion goes underground and is performed in unsafe conditions.

In desperation, women submit to unsterile procedures. They drink bleach or turpentine, perforate themselves with sticks and coat hangers, and even jump off roofs. Worldwide, unsafe abortion procedures cause the deaths of about 67,000 women per year, mostly in nations in which abortion is illegal.

Those with "moral clarity" can ignore this suffering. A Buddhist cannot.

Karma Lekshe Tsomo writes,

"In the end, most Buddhists recognize the incongruity that exists between ethical theory and actual practice and, while they do not condone the taking of life, do advocate understanding and compassion toward all living beings, a lovingkindness that is nonjudgmental and respects the right and freedom of human beings to make their own ethical decisiions.

Buddhism and Abortion - The Buddhist View of the Morality of Abortion

Last edited:

The term "cafeteria Catholicism" is a pejorative term applied to Catholics who dissent from Roman Catholic moral teaching on issues such as abortion, birth control, premarital sex, masturbation, and homosexuality.

The term is less frequently applied to those who dissent from other Catholic moral teaching on issues such as social justice, capital punishment, or just war; this is because these areas of Catholic teaching are much less clearly dogmatically defined by the Magisterium, and therefore open to debate.[14] The term has been in use since the issuance of Humanae Vitae, an official document that propounded the Church's opposition to the use of artificial birth control and advocates natural family planning.

Cafeteria Christianity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if you do not agree 100% and practice 100% the Catholic faith as laid down by the church you are not really Catholic? Or what makes you Catholic? What you say you are or just going to a Catholic church? Just curious.

To me an organized Christian denomination is against what Jesus taught and the Catholic Church is one of the biggest sinners. Not that any one sin is bigger than the next, they are all sins. The bible says worship not idols, yet all the churches are full of idols and whatever you may say people bow down and pray to them in their name. That is idolatry in my book. Personal opinion.

Saying that, I do go to church but I do not profess to be of any denomination, just a Christian.

Aah, OK. I guesse, "Times they are a changin'."

All anyone, Catholic or not, who wants complete privacy about who got their vote needs to do is keep their mouth shut about who got their vote.

Theocrcay by definition is both, religion and government combined. Feudal Tibet is an example of Buddist theocracy. Bhutan is a Buddhist theocracy. Iran is a Muslim theocracy.

Theocracy is different than having a state religion. Many more countries have state religions without the government being merged with the religion. England recognizes the Anglican Church as its state religion.

Denmark, Iceland, Norway and Finland recognize Lutheran as their state religion.

Israel is a Jewish state.

Last edited:

All anyone, Catholic or not, who wants complete privacy about who got their vote needs to do is keep their mouth shut about who got their vote.

The nosey parkers are combing through campaign contribution records, Si.

The Catholics here have made the same choice the republican party has made.

They are working to make their group smaller.

Its good for everyone

Looks to me like some people just venting their opinions, not a great purge. Just a "tempest in teapot" so to speak. The internet avails people a method to say what they want and to push their own agenda's as we have seen in other theaters over the years. The Catholic Church has a wide range of individuals with different views on how the church should be ran and they are voicing them.

I'd agree with you if these wingnuts were criticizing the RCC heirarchy, but they aren't. They are criticizing their fellow parishoners. It's a modern day public shaming, and IMO, it is very close -- if not in fact -- actionable as invasion of privacy, etc.

It is also about as "unchristian" a thing to do as I can imagine.
"Invasion of privacy"?

:rofl:

The nosey parkers are combing through campaign contribution records, Si.
Ah, I see what you mean. Don't get me started on the travesty of McCain-Feingold and the First Amendment.

As contributions are not private because of McCain-Feingold, the Church can't really be invading privacy.

Cafeteria Christianity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cafeteria Catholics?

Aren't they also called Protestants?

Forum List

Back