Zone1 After having learned new information, I am not sure where the real Catholic Church is..

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
I will never change in my knowledge of Church history along with my experiences in the CC (Catholic Church) which inform me that the Catholic Church is THE Church Christ founded. That has never and will never be in question.

However, I had thought that SSPX was the true Catholic Church. Then I read some info from Novus Ordo Watch that again makes me question things.

I read many things on this topic last night; the thing that sticks most in my mind is this:

NO Watch says (my words) that the Church cannot err when declaring someone a saint; therefore the apparently fake popes who "canonized" modern popes who have died (and I heard there were no miracles attached to those popes), well.. #1, it is wrong to say that the canonizations were not infallible, as the SSPX camp supposedly does. SSPX rightly says that Vatican II (my words again) should not be adhered to because it taught heresy. But they are not seda vacantists in that they do not say tht the Chair of Peter is empty, just that the pope we have now, along with others before him recently, are not real popes (or something to that effect).

OK, so people like me, Cahtolics like me, do not know what to believe. I know I speak for probably millions of other Catholics here.. all of us confused, sometimes not even having a clue just how confused we are.. trying to make sense of all this insanity since Vat II

Even my hero Archbishop Lefebvre exhibited some confusion on what to make of the false popes. No one can blame him (us). We have never seen anything like this massive Takeover (Vatican II, a NON-dogmatic Council). It is a new thing in the Church's history.

So anyway, where was I? I don't know.. that's the problem.. Who knows what to think?

But I will keep studying this issue. All I "know" with certainty is that the last valid, truly Catholic pope was Pius XII and that Vatican II was a fake Council, as it were.. something all Catholics, confused or not, need to totally IGNORE (after studying up on it, of course, as I have).

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned it has capitulated to satanic marxism and is no longer the religion I was baptised in. I remain committed to Christ and believe He is the Vessel of God in human form to save His Creation from hell if we choose a virtuous and moral life along with having faith in Him.

There is no church that views things the way I do though.

• Banned
As far as I'm concerned it has capitulated to satanic marxism

WHAT has?

If I don't even know where the real Catholic Church is.. How the hell do you?

The NO Church does, however, fit your description

I will never change in my knowledge of Church history along with my experiences in the CC (Catholic Church) which inform me that the Catholic Church is THE Church Christ founded. That has never and will never be in question.

However, I had thought that SSPX was the true Catholic Church. Then I read some info from Novus Ordo Watch that again makes me question things.

I read many things on this topic last night; the thing that sticks most in my mind is this:

NO Watch says (my words) that the Church cannot err when declaring someone a saint; therefore the apparently fake popes who "canonized" modern popes who have died (and I heard there were no miracles attached to those popes), well.. #1, it is wrong to say that the canonizations were not infallible, as the SSPX camp supposedly does. SSPX rightly says that Vatican II (my words again) should not be adhered to because it taught heresy. But they are not seda vacantists in that they do not say tht the Chair of Peter is empty, just that the pope we have now, along with others before him recently, are not real popes (or something to that effect).

OK, so people like me, Cahtolics like me, do not know what to believe. I know I speak for probably millions of other Catholics here.. all of us confused, sometimes not even having a clue just how confused we are.. trying to make sense of all this insanity since Vat II

Even my hero Archbishop Lefebvre exhibited some confusion on what to make of the false popes. No one can blame him (us). We have never seen anything like this massive Takeover (Vatican II, a NON-dogmatic Council). It is a new thing in the Church's history.

So anyway, where was I? I don't know.. that's the problem.. Who knows what to think?

But I will keep studying this issue. All I "know" with certainty is that the last valid, truly Catholic pope was Pius XII and that Vatican II was a fake Council, as it were.. something all Catholics, confused or not, need to totally IGNORE (after studying up on it, of course, as I have).
Follow Christ and his word and stop worrying about the rest

Or just continue

It really is that simple.

As far as I'm concerned it has capitulated to satanic marxism and is no longer the religion I was baptised in. I remain committed to Christ and believe He is the Vessel of God in human form to save His Creation from hell if we choose a virtuous and moral life along with having faith in Him.

There is no church that views things the way I do though.

It reminds me of Jim Jones.

He was a preacher turned Marxist.

Then he led his congregation into the jungle to drink cool aid, and then lie down to die.

Following any one person, or any organization, over that of God, is adultery. It is a cult.

Period.

Last edited:

Ok....
You know how things happen with the Cardinals and how the Pope is the one who appoints the Cardinals from the pool of Bishops.

Obviously some Bishops are better than others....just like some Cardinals are better than others.

Now the Papacy is derived from the voting Cardinals...and lots of politics are at play inside of this. No different than secular government politics.

If there have been "false popes" because of the poor choices of Cardinals then "Simony" has occurred and the subsequent group of Cardinals have no real right in being there acting on God's behalf. As well as the notion of Apostolic Succession has been broken by bad apprentices.
Not everyone's child does well....look at the story of Gideon in the Old Testament....his son basically undid everything Gideon did.

Then there's the story of Aaron's kids...they got drunk and let stupid people lead them astray into blasphemy too.

Look at the Pharisees and Sadducees....they were basically successive leadership (Just like Catholics) for hundreds to thousands of years. But when Jesus walked among them they basically gave him a snubbing and considered him to be of so little worth they put Jesus up for crucifixion.

There must be salvation apart from the Catholic Church. God chooses upon who He has mercy and who He doesn't...not the Pope or Cardinals and certainly not man.

• Banned

Or just continue

It really is that simple.
no, it is NOT thatsimple. When Christ's Church is a mess, peole leaving right and left.. being taught heresy..

it matters a great deal. We are called not to save only ourselves but others.. and the Church .. the TRUE Catholic Church knows how to do that better than anyone. So anyone who does not look for this True Church is on a false path. Jesus did not establish a Church for NO reason.. Mt 16:18

The Church is important because Christ who founded it is all-important.

no, it is NOT thatsimple. When Christ's Church is a mess, peole leaving right and left.. being taught heresy..

it matters a great deal. We are called not to save only ourselves but others.. and the Church .. the TRUE Catholic Church knows how to do that better than anyone. So anyone who does not look for this True Church is on a false path. Jesus did not establish a Church for NO reason.. Mt 16:18

That is not my point.

My point is to follow God instead of the Catholic church.

Feel free to fight for the truth within the church, much like Martin Luther did.

Christ established a church?

Where?

Cause the one in the Holy See was established by people centuries after Christ was crucified. The people who established it weren't exactly saints either.

That is not my point.

My point is to follow God instead of the Catholic church.

Feel free to fight for the truth within the church, much like Martin Luther did.
LIE

Luther did NOT fight within the Church. He left it. He started what he called a "church".. but there is only ONE.

And so many others have also followed his lead and started what they called churches.. missing out on all the great things Jesus had there for them in the TRUE Church.

How presumptuous of you to assume I am not doing that already. But protestants in general are presumptuous as hell (think only THEY are true Christians.. how ironic)

In any case, if I were not following God already, I would not care about this issue

How presumptuous of you to assume I am not doing that already. But protestants in general are presumptuous as hell (think only THEY are true Christians.. how ironic)

In any case, if I were not following God already, I would not care about this issue
He didn't say you weren't. How presumptuous of you to assume he was. He merely stated what is sufficient.

CAN YOU READ?

it's right there in my post

Mt 16:18

I personally don't think that you are not trying your best to follow God. But my opinion is of little importance in the way that matters the most. God's opinion is the one that really matters.

Not ALL Protestants are evil or ill intentioned...just like Catholics aren't.

And I wish you would give my statements some serious consideration.

I personally don't think that you are not trying your best to follow God. But my opinion is of little importance in the way that matters the most. God's opinion is the one that really matters.

Not ALL Protestants are evil or ill intentioned...just like Catholics aren't.

And I wish you would give my statements some serious consideration.
which ones?

which ones?
Post number 7.

I do completely understand your frustration at the moment....the current news about "false popes" vs papal infallibility is extremely disconcerting to a Catholic....I've heard of "bad popes" but never "false pope".

This is the first time I have ever heard that.

Forum List

Back