The RCC's New Witchhunt

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Unbelievable but true: members of the American RCC with "conservative" ideas about the faith have begun "outting" clergy and ordinary parishoners whose conduct they feel is "not Catholic enough". One target are employees of Catholic social service organizations who have made contributions to political candidates who are pro-choice. (Evidentially, all Catholics should be single-issue voters.)

In what may be the most bizzare-o aspect of this story, parishoners in Boston are dissecting the work of an advisor to the Archbishop, looking for evidence of "Marxist influences".

I wonder what version of Jesus' teachings these people have, that they feel so entitled to hunt and destroy the lives of fellow Catholics they deem to be "not Catholic enough"? There are days I think the whole nation has gone more than slighty mad.....this is one of them.

Discuss.

Hunting Marxists, traitors: Angry Catholic bloggers aim to purge dissenters from church | cleveland.com

It's never a good idea to mix politics and religion. Usually results in something like the Crusades or the Taliban.

• Banned
No Catholic should vote for a pro-choice candidate. It ain't rocket science.

IMO, "even" a Catholic should have complete privacy as to who they vote for. The choice could be based on another issue, or they could be a pro-choice Catholic. It is between them and their conscience....not them, their conscience and all of Planet Earth via youtube.

WTF do these nosey parkers think they are, to condemn someone else's piety?

• Banned
It's never a good idea to mix politics and religion. Usually results in something like the Crusades or the Taliban.

AMEN!

spanish_inquisition_small.jpg

Last edited:
How sick is it that people make it their mission to fight for the RIGHT of women to kill their own children, and then call it, PRO-CHOICE... gives me the willies.

sick sick sick

Last edited:

IMO, "even" a Catholic should have complete privacy as to who they vote for. The choice could be based on another issue, or they could be a pro-choice Catholic. It is between them and their conscience....not them, their conscience and all of Planet Earth via youtube.

Catholics can not be Catholic and pro-choice. It is against our religion.

• Banned

A Catholic is not excommunicated merely because his views diverge from the Pope's. Even a Catholic woman who has an abortion is not excommunicated, provided the RCC even knows about it....that is what the Sacrament of Confession is for. For some people, the moral absurdity of the Pope's anti-abortion, anti-contraception and anti-sex POV is overwhelming, yet they adhere to their faith as best they can.

Who appointed you Catholic-tester for all of Planet Earth? What happened to "judge not, lest ye be judged"?

A Catholic is not excommunicated merely because his views diverge from the Pope's. Even a Catholic woman who has an abortion is not excommunicated, provided the RCC even knows about it....that is what the Sacrament of Confession is for. For some people, the moral absurdity of the Pope's anti-abortion, anti-contraception and anti-sex POV is overwhelming, yet they adhere to their faith as best they can.

Who appointed you Catholic-tester for all of Planet Earth? What happened to "judge not, lest ye be judged"?

To be catholic you have to hate homos too.

You should not "have" to hate anyone to belong to the RCC.

:eusa_liar::cuckoo:

:eusa_liar::cuckoo:

Just out of curiosity, Stephanie, have you ever been Catholic or are you just talking out of your ass?

How sick is it that people make it their mission to fight for the RIGHT of women to kill their own children, and then call it, PRO-CHOICE... gives me the willies.

sick sick sick

God forbid we would only offer women medical care that did not offend your sensibilities, Stephanie.

LOL, now you're calling killing your own children, MEDICAL CARE. yikes.

Not only is that utter bullshit, it is the polar opposite of what we are taught. I have gay friends... I don't 'hate' them. I care very much for them. Only total idiots think we 'hate' anyone - we are taught to love our fellow man.... ALL of them. I don't judge anyone for their life or choices.

It is against our religion. Straight forward fact. Abortion is not acceptable to Catholics. Nobody appointed me anything. I am just standing by the Churches principles. We are pro life. Abortion is against the teachings of the Church. I cannot vote for a pro choice candidate. Having said that, I will not actively condemn any individual who has an abortion. I don't judge other people.

It is against our religion. Straight forward fact. Abortion is not acceptable to Catholics. Nobody appointed me anything. I am just standing by the Churches principles. We are pro life. Abortion is against the teachings of the Church. I cannot vote for a pro choice candidate. Having said that, I will not actively condemn any individual who has an abortion. I don't judge other people.

Then what is your opinion of these lay people who are witch-hunting "lousy Catholics" and outting them on youtube, etc.? I think it is deplorable and I cannot understand why the RCC's heirarchy isn't first in line to condemn this.

Looks to me like some people just venting their opinions, not a great purge. Just a "tempest in teapot" so to speak. The internet avails people a method to say what they want and to push their own agenda's as we have seen in other theaters over the years. The Catholic Church has a wide range of individuals with different views on how the church should be ran and they are voicing them.

Looks to me like some people just venting their opinions, not a great purge. Just a "tempest in teapot" so to speak. The internet avails people a method to say what they want and to push their own agenda's as we have seen in other theaters over the years. The Catholic Church has a wide range of individuals with different views on how the church should be ran and they are voicing them.

I'd agree with you if these wingnuts were criticizing the RCC heirarchy, but they aren't. They are criticizing their fellow parishoners. It's a modern day public shaming, and IMO, it is very close -- if not in fact -- actionable as invasion of privacy, etc.

It is also about as "unchristian" a thing to do as I can imagine.

But that doesn't mean they couldn't vote for a pro-choice candidate. That's just one issue of many and doesn't in any way force one to do anything against Catholicism.

Forum List

Back