The Radical Right

I said (my own words) not two years ago the TP was still in it's infancy and what it would turn into is still left to be seen. Now what I see is something not so great. It doesn't mean I'm touting for the left OR the right because that is irrelevant to this particular conversation.
For the record I'm a liberal turned independent. I'm socially liberal. I think what a woman does with her own body is best left between herself, her doctor and her God.

But when it comes to my pocket book and the Gov't's access to it I tend to get a little conservative.

Now, that said, I suggest the tea party has been hjacked, co-opted whatever you choose to call it by forces that only want to use it for their own gain. And I assert that is a shame because what they had was great!!

Example?

Who did the hijacking? Show us the examples. I assert you're full of shit.

History of the Tea Party Movement — Infoplease.com

That the Tea Party went from a grassroots movement to being run on a national level by Dick Armeys FreedomWorks is just fact. It wasnt until FreedomWorks took over the national message that the Tea Party went from a middle class uprising to a radical right mouthpiece. And it was then it lost its credibility and steam.

It's a shame really. Had it not been co-opted, it may have been a real force to affect positive change.

I said (my own words) not two years ago the TP was still in it's infancy and what it would turn into is still left to be seen. Now what I see is something not so great. It doesn't mean I'm touting for the left OR the right because that is irrelevant to this particular conversation.
For the record I'm a liberal turned independent. I'm socially liberal. I think what a woman does with her own body is best left between herself, her doctor and her God.

But when it comes to my pocket book and the Gov't's access to it I tend to get a little conservative.

Now, that said, I suggest the tea party has been hjacked, co-opted whatever you choose to call it by forces that only want to use it for their own gain. And I assert that is a shame because what they had was great!!

Example?

That the Tea Party went from a grassroots movement to being run on a national level by Dick Armeys FreedomWorks is just fact. It wasnt until FreedomWorks took over the national message that the Tea Party went from a middle class uprising to a radical right mouthpiece. And it was then it lost its credibility and steam.

It's a shame really. Had it not been co-opted, it may have been a real force to affect positive change.

Vidi, you see it don't you? GREAT answer and a validation that I'm on the right track. I seldom come out with 'written in stone' statements because like most people the whole idea is to see if someone else's argument trumps mine but I felt strongly about this and I thank you for your answer.:clap2a

Last edited:
the movement was doomed by its lack of interest.

wthout the fake grass roots money flow from the rich right it would have gone no where

the movement was doomed by its lack of interest.

wthout the fake grass roots money flow from the rich right it would have gone no where

I'm not so sure. I think had it remained as it started out it would be a much better organization but thanks for you comment. I like your posts even if I don't always agree.:cool:

thanks for the civility.

The movement already exsisted an the right wing stole it so it could not get in their way.

It was going no where before they stole it

Example?

Vidi, you see it don't you? GREAT answer and a validation that I'm on the right track. I seldom come out with 'written in stone' statements because like most people the whole idea is to see if someone else's argument trumps mine but I felt strongly about this and I thank you for your answer.:clap2a

And here's the proof you seek

ALBANY — Using the rules of a well-known leftist organizer can work just as well for organizations desiring to influence the government to stop taxing and spending, said Nan E. Swift, a campaign manager for FreedomWorks.

“We don’t want anything. We want less. Less taxes, less government,” Swift said. “Alinsky understood how people worked. The rules reflect organizing principles that work.”

Swift was referring to a book, “Rules for Radicals,” by Saul Alinsky, at a 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. grassroots organizing training session in Albany at Cafe 230 on Broad Avenue. The session was sponsored by the Albany Area Tea Party Patriots and FreedomWorks.
Albany's FreedomWorks manager trains group | FreedomWorks

From FreedomWorks own website. They are radicalizing the Tea Party by using the Saul Alinskys book Rules for Radicals.

Adam Brandon, a spokesman for the conservative non-profit organization FreedomWorks, which is one of several groups involved in organizing Tea Party protests, says the group gives Alinsky's Rules for Radicals to its top leadership members. A shortened guide called Rules for Patriots is distributed to its entire network. In a January 2012 story that appeared in The Wall Street Journal, citing the organization's tactic of sending activists to town-hall meetings, Brandon explained, "his tactics when it comes to grass-roots organizing are incredibly effective." Former Republican House Majority Leader Dick Armey also gives copies of Alinsky's book Rules for Radicals to Tea Party leaders.[20]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Alinsky#Community_organizing_and_politics

Last edited:

ALBANY — Using the rules of a well-known leftist organizer can work just as well for organizations desiring to influence the government to stop taxing and spending, said Nan E. Swift, a campaign manager for FreedomWorks.

“We don’t want anything. We want less. Less taxes, less government,” Swift said. “Alinsky understood how people worked. The rules reflect organizing principles that work.”

Swift was referring to a book, “Rules for Radicals,” by Saul Alinsky, at a 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. grassroots organizing training session in Albany at Cafe 230 on Broad Avenue. The session was sponsored by the Albany Area Tea Party Patriots and FreedomWorks.

From FreedomWorks own website. They are radicalizing the Tea Party by using the Saul Alinskys book Rules for Radicals.

Oh God. The WORST possible scenario. How far they've come from where they started and how far in the wrong direction.
Informative. Thank you

Oh God. The WORST possible scenario. How far they've come from where they started and how far in the wrong direction.
Informative. Thank you

You're welcome.

Adam Brandon, a spokesman for the conservative non-profit organization FreedomWorks, which is one of several groups involved in organizing Tea Party protests, says the group gives Alinsky's Rules for Radicals to its top leadership members. A shortened guide called Rules for Patriots is distributed to its entire network. In a January 2012 story that appeared in The Wall Street Journal, citing the organization's tactic of sending activists to town-hall meetings, Brandon explained, "his tactics when it comes to grass-roots organizing are incredibly effective." Former Republican House Majority Leader Dick Armey also gives copies of Alinsky's book Rules for Radicals to Tea Party leaders.[20]

Saul Alinsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sauce for the goose.

Tea Party began rambunctious and threatening at the town meetings (had to have three arrested at ours when they would not stop disrupting the proceedings) and has been taken over by some people many of whom are not solid in the American narrative.

Many locals and state GOPs have managed to either eliminate or minimalize their nonsense by early this summer. We need to eliminate the Ryans, Bachmanns, and McConnells. We are headed that way and will succeed.

Liar.

So..you claim they're become extremist because they're using the tactics of the left?

Poor Candyslice can't defend their own position. Sad, the thread could have had so many opportunities for dialog.

LOL I've yet to see you post anything...ever...that could be confuse with "dialogue"

And you utterly failed to read her disclaimer that her position was not set, that she was "building on it" , didn't you?

Last edited:
Poor Candyslice can't defend their own position. Sad, the thread could have had so many opportunities for dialog.

LOL I've yet to see you post anything...ever...that could be confuse with "dialogue"
He did ask her to back up her bigoted opinions being presented as fact in the OP, which she has yet to and is unlikely to do.

But we're supposed to remain all nice and civil with bigots, right?

Besides which, FreedomWorks isn't the Tea Party.

It's a group that participates in Tea Party protests.

Forum List

Back