The Racial Realism of John Wayne

Has always been one of my most favorite actors. Grew up loving The Duke.

Nowadays with all the Political Correctness insanity, John Wayne's career would be destroyed and he himself would be personally destroyed.

Marlon Brando I think also made some comments that in Political Correctland wouldn't be accepted now.

It'll be a wonderful day when society and the Western world in general throws Political Correctness out of the window and Free Speech once again reigns and is respected.

His best movie was the one where he got shot. where he had all those kids forget the name of it now, but it was some of his best acting. I thought Steve McQueen was a much better actor.
I remember the one you are talking about just can't remember the name of it. I love The Cowboys,The Green Berets,Silent Man,The Longest Day. My father absolutely loves him. Has a bust of him hanging on the wall,a huge banner on the wall as well.

John Wayne has his place in American film history, for sure

a fav, "The Quiet Man" (1952) with beautiful Maureen O'Hara.

His best movie was the one where he got shot. where he had all those kids forget the name of it now, but it was some of his best acting. I thought Steve McQueen was a much better actor.

I myself have never watched a John Wayne film, I've seen clips of his films, but I've never watched a full film.

I like Steve McQueen in "Love With The Proper Stranger" Natalie Wood also is in this film. It was made in 1963 and is about abortion, Steve McQueen and Natalie Wood have a one-night stand and find themselves in that situation and she wants to have an abortion. This subject in a film in 1963 must have been very controversial.

Love with the Proper Stranger - Wikipedia

Also I like Steve McQueen in "Bullitt" Robert Vaughn also is in this film.

Bullitt - Wikipedia

I myself have never watched a John Wayne film, I've seen clips of his films, but I've never watched a full film.

I like Steve McQueen in "Love With The Proper Stranger" Natalie Wood also is in this film. It was made in 1963 and is about abortion, Steve McQueen and Natalie Wood have a one-night stand and find themselves in that situation and she wants to have an abortion. This subject in a film in 1963 must have been very controversial.

Bullitt - Wikipedia

Steve McQueen was amazing!!

I remember the one you are talking about just can't remember the name of it. I love The Cowboys,The Green Berets,Silent Man,The Longest Day. My father absolutely loves him. Has a bust of him hanging on the wall,a huge banner on the wall as well.

This is the one. I think the kids ended up stealing the show though.

Bullitt - Wikipedia

McQueen was excellent. He was slated for the Richard Dreyfuss role in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" but got sick. Would have made it a better film.

Bullitt - Wikipedia

McQueen was excellent. He was slated for the Richard Dreyfuss role in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" but got sick. Would have made it a better film.

yes,
sadly they are all gone now

Hollywood is dead.

He was sick from having only one lung after having the other one removed due to smoking....

Steve McQueen was partially deaf in one ear from childhood, not that that has anything to do with the film though.

American, tall and handsome no wonder the movies captured him ;):thup:
photo from late 1920s or early 1930s

Forum List

Back