The Question Conservatives Can't Answer

China.

Try to keep up.
=============
China is FINANCING part of our DEBT...the DEBT generated by an out of control government spending over $11,000 a year for each citizen in our nation!

YOU try to keep up. I asked you a simple question, do you believe WE, or ANY nation on the planet can survive spending $11,000 a year of EACH citizens money? Do you?
The debt you're referring to also has a missing revenue component to consider.

If corporations and the richest among us were taxed at the same rates they were half-a-century ago, we would not need to borrow as much from China or from the same rich American parasites that are sitting on trillions of dollars in cash after costing the US economy $14 trillion and 8 million lost jobs since the Fall of '08.

Would we still be borrowing over 1 Trillion a year? Maybe 1.2 Trillion? Of course context is lacking, bubbles helped to allow higher taxes but had the inevitable crash.

If corporations and the richest among us were taxed at the same rates they were half-a-century ago, we would not need to borrow as much from China or from the same rich American parasites that are sitting on trillions of dollars in cash after costing the US economy $14 trillion and 8 million lost jobs since the Fall of '08.

===========
You continue to side step the issue....that being our government spending $11,000 EACH YEAR per CITIZEN!

Instead you try to deflect from the salient point by talking about who is or isn't paying their fair share of that $11,000 completely IGNORING the PURE LUNACY of our government spending that $11,000 per person in the first place!

Government provides the infrastructure and monopoly of violence necessary for commerce to exist in any meaningful way. Without police, courts, and the Fifth Fleet, Hookers like you wouldn't hold on to any of their "earnings."

Short, nasty and brutish...
Irrelevant to the point, Mr. Goalpost Mover.

Gubmint has no money of its own...Period.
So what?
So then the entire premise of your stupid-assed OP is blown out of the water.

The question is answered and the best thing you can come back with is "so what?"

2228702643_3ee2e6385d.jpg

It was their money to begin with. They earned it.

When are you on the left going to realize that taxes burden the American people with labor they have to pay the government before they can take care of themselves? The money is theirs.

At what point have they paid their fair share?
Did you bother reading the link?

"It seems unlikely that 1% of the population worked three times harder than the rest of us, or contributed three times as much to American productivity.

"Money earned from tax cuts and minimally taxed financial instruments is not productive income..."

The Question Conservatives Can't Answer | Common Dreams

I've never earned money from tax cuts.
Tax cuts means the gov't takes less than what they had been taking, of money someone earned on his own. No one gave it to him. He did something productive than someone was willing to pay him for.
What did he do to deserve that? He worked.
The better question is, what did people at the bottom of society do to deserve the unprecedented level of benefits they receive?
Tax cuts that shift the tax burden from FIRE sector incomes to wages and salaries are theft.

Taxpayer supplied bail outs supply the same service to our creditor class, as proven by the $14 trillion gift to Wall Street that doubled the richest 5% of Americans share of returns to wealth in less than a single decade while keeping the debt overhead in place for 98% of Americans.

Based on Tax Foundation figures, the richest 1% has TRIPLED its share of America's income over the past 30 years. Much of the gain came from tax cuts and minimally taxed financial instruments.
Too fucking bad....Those "gains" are in terms of money that belonged to them in the first place.

If their income had increased only at the pace of American productivity (80%), they would be taking about a TRILLION DOLLARS LESS out of our economy.
And if worms had machine guns, birds wouldn't fuck with them.

The notion that someone "took money out of the economy" is pure commie bullshit, which is mind boggling in its sheer economic ignorance.

where the jobs twit.?

G.E. is moving their XRay business to China, they paid zero in taxes this year.

GE moving X-ray business to China - The Boston Globe

G.E."s Chairman, Jeff Immelt, has destroyed thousands of jobs and manufacturing capabilities while working with his buddy O'Bama leading the President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness.

Senator Sanders: Obama's jobs panel head closed 25 U.S. plants and outsourced thousands of jobs. - Democratic Underground

===========
You continue to side step the issue....that being our government spending $11,000 EACH YEAR per CITIZEN!

Instead you try to deflect from the salient point by talking about who is or isn't paying their fair share of that $11,000 completely IGNORING the PURE LUNACY of our government spending that $11,000 per person in the first place!
Do you have a link for that $11,000?

$3.5 TRILLION divided by a little fewer than 350 million Americans..it's really that simple

Now, do you have any intention of answering my simple question...can our nation afford this, can any nation afford this?

Irrelevant to the point, Mr. Goalpost Mover.

Gubmint has no money of its own...Period.
So what?
So then the entire premise of your stupid-assed OP is blown out of the water.

The question is answered and the best thing you can come back with is "so what?"

2228702643_3ee2e6385d.jpg
Question: "In what way do the richest 1% deserve these extraordinary gains?"

Answer: "Gubmint has no money of its own...Period.

What question did you answer?
It wasn't the one I posed.

$3.5 TRILLION divided by a little fewer than 350 million Americans..it's really that simple

Now, do you have any intention of answering my simple question...can our nation afford this, can any nation afford this?
Yeah, we can afford our current level of debt relative to US GDP.
Our debt level relative to GDP has been higher in the past than it is today.
Japan's has been much higher for a decade or more.
The problem here starts with borrowing from parasites instead of taxing them.

btw, where did the $3.5 trillion figure come from?

======
Are you seriously this obtuse? That is the FEDERAL BUDGET for this year and the forseeable future!

I didn't ask you if we could afford our "debt" did I? Of course, you know I didn't....

I asked you what? For which you continue to sidestep?

I"m done with you.....

*Shakes head*

It was their money to begin with. They earned it.

When are you on the left going to realize that taxes burden the American people with labor they have to pay the government before they can take care of themselves? The money is theirs.

At what point have they paid their fair share?

Aren't you following along? When they pay three times more. Re-read the OP!!:cuckoo:

"The following fact was sent to numerous conservative pundits, politicians, and profit-seekers:

"Based on Tax Foundation figures, the richest 1% has TRIPLED its share of America's income over the past 30 years. Much of the gain came from tax cuts and minimally taxed financial instruments.

"If their income had increased only at the pace of American productivity (80%), they would be taking about a TRILLION DOLLARS LESS out of our economy.

"And a question was posed:

"In what way do the richest 1% deserve these extraordinary gains?

"This question was not posed in sarcasm.

"A factual answer is genuinely sought.

"It seems unlikely that 1% of the population worked three times harder than the rest of us, or contributed three times as much to American productivity.

"Money earned from tax cuts and minimally taxed financial instruments is not productive income."

Any takers, Cons?

This is the best example I've seen of the leftist mentality concerning wealth. How much time do liberals spend resenting the wealth of others? All the while, they preach that you too should hate and resent these people, and what right do they have to not pay 80% taxes--something proposed by Bernie Sanders and Joh Stewart.

How about this question: roughly 51% of Americans pay no income tax, or they receive money back without contributing any somewhere around 35%. Where is the shared sacrifice?

I can see why you are so unpopular.

Any liberal in here:

America has become divided between a growing class of people who pay no income taxes and a shrinking--the worst recovery to a recession ever, and save the it was all because of Bush because I'll concede that point save some time hopefully--class of people who are paying the loin's share of the tax burden.

Please, be honest. How much to you pay in taxes? Don't you think you could give more?

If the 51% of Americans paying no income tax would contribute their fair share we could solve this debt crisis, until the federal government ineivitably runs out of money.

The federal government spends 2/3 more than they take in revenue every month.

The left, oh and this president, is losing. I hope you are calling your representatives because his call to action only energized the right. The liberals are getting stoned and bemoaning why it isn't fair their life sucks.

"The following fact was sent to numerous conservative pundits, politicians, and profit-seekers:

"Based on Tax Foundation figures, the richest 1% has TRIPLED its share of America's income over the past 30 years. Much of the gain came from tax cuts and minimally taxed financial instruments.

"If their income had increased only at the pace of American productivity (80%), they would be taking about a TRILLION DOLLARS LESS out of our economy.

"Money earned from tax cuts and minimally taxed financial instruments is not productive income."

Any takers, Cons?

This is the best example I've seen of the leftist mentality concerning wealth. How much time do liberals spend resenting the wealth of others? All the while, they preach that you too should hate and resent these people, and what right do they have to not pay 80% taxes--something proposed by Bernie Sanders and Joh Stewart.

How about this question: roughly 51% of Americans pay no income tax, or they receive money back without contributing any somewhere around 35%. Where is the shared sacrifice?

"So I asked anyone out there to explain, defend, or justify the fact that over 20% of our country's income (it was 7% in 1980) now goes to the richest 1% of Americans."

During the time the richest 1% have tripled their share of national income they have also bribed enough politicians to slash their tax rates in half. At least.

Is that shared sacrifice?

Or greed.

We haven't cut taxes since 2001. And there was more jobs until this current crisis caused by our Governments screwed up financial problems.

If you want to see jobs, cut taxes, cut spending, and eliminate needless regulation and get the heck out of the way.

It's not the governments job to create jobs. We are supposed to create and find our own jobs. The government just needs to get the heck out of our way and stop burdening us by taxation, inflation, and overspending.

Yea, let's get rid of the job killing EPA and the FDA. I'm sure if there is any poison milk out there, you won't mind your kids finding it first.

China's Poisoned Milk Scandal: Is Sorry Enough? - TIME

Tell me, do you think you'd have an easy time selling poisoned milk? Do you think you'd make much money? Do you think youd avoid lawsuits?

Do you really think Congress passing law prevents that or is it merely the fact that people who sell milk realize that in order to continue having business, they need to sell products that dont injure their clients?

What do you think is a bigger motivator: regulation or the chance for more profit?
Do you mean like the tobacco industry???

Any takers, Cons?

"So I asked anyone out there to explain, defend, or justify the fact that over 20% of our country's income (it was 7% in 1980) now goes to the richest 1% of Americans."

During the time the richest 1% have tripled their share of national income they have also bribed enough politicians to slash their tax rates in half. At least.

Is that shared sacrifice?

Or greed.

Take a look at how much of the money there rich have was given to them by Government... Bail outs, stimulus... where do you thing the billions and trillions go?

Forum List

Back