The Pussification Continues

Along the lines of too much else in our society, the increasingly limp-wristed are too often heard to exclaim that they would never (gasp!) allow their precious to play the brutish and invariably fatal game of football, let alone other even more violent pursuits.

A sad state of affairs.

YOu are right. What kind of parents wouldn't want to deny their child an opportunity the suffer concussive brain injuries.

Scatboy suffered a bunch of those growing up, and look how he turned out.

Obviously yours didn't.

Some pretty ignorant people posting lies. Crime rate for NFL is less than the general population.

You have to be dumber than NFL players and the general population think otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been awhile, but I actually wrote a paper about athletes as violent offenders and it was found that student athletes actually committed crime at a higher rate than the average student, however it was likely reported and prosecuted than the regular student. When drawn out deeper, student athletes from sports that involved contact, like hockey, football, and rugby, were more likely to commit crimes that involve violence than athletes of non-contact sports like soccer, track and field, etc.

Some pretty ignorant people posting lies. Crime rate for NFL is less than the general population.

You have to be dumber than NFL players and the general population think otherwise.

It's been awhile, but I actually wrote a paper about athletes as violent offenders and it was found that student athletes actually committed crime at a higher rate than the average student, however it was likely reported and prosecuted than the regular student. When drawn out deeper, student athletes from sports that involved contact, like hockey, football, and rugby, were more likely to commit crimes that involve violence than athletes of non-contact sports like soccer, track and field, etc.

How nice that you wrote a paper. Sounds like it was on a roll. Where is the proof?

How nice that you wrote a paper. Sounds like it was on a roll. Where is the proof?

I wrote that Paper at Ohio State in 1994. :lmao: That was back when you had to actually find books as sources... not just rely on Google for everything.

I wrote that Paper at Ohio State in 1994. :lmao: That was back when you had to actually find books as sources... not just rely on Google for everything.

Great. Proof?

Great. Proof?

I just told you... I don't have the paper any longer as I wrote it in 1994. And the sources were from BOOKS, not the internet.

Great. Proof?

I just told you... I don't have the paper any longer as I wrote it in 1994. And the sources were from BOOKS, not the internet.

You're saying you can't support your claim.

Great. Proof?

No. I'm saying that I wrote a paper in 1994 that from using BOOKS as research tools, showed what I claimed. Now, I'm not going to continue a silly argument with you about it because I can't show you the books I used back then, on the internet. Are you going to continue to troll and need to go back on my ignore list? I cleared my list to give people a second chance after such a long time, and it is starting to look like you haven't changed.

Great. Proof?

No. I'm saying that I wrote a paper in 1994 that from using BOOKS as research tools, showed what I claimed. Now, I'm not going to continue a silly argument with you about it because I can't show you the books I used back then, on the internet. Are you going to continue to troll and need to go back on my ignore list? I cleared my list to give people a second chance after such a long time, and it is starting to look like you haven't changed.

If you're not prepared to support your claim, don't bother making it.

Great. Proof?

I did support my claim. If you want to refute it, go to a library.

Great. Proof?

You most certainly did NOT support it. Why are you being childish about this?

I'm not the one being childish about it. I provided firsthand knowledge of a paper I wrote in college in 1994.

You don't agree with it? Cool move on. Expecting me to defend a paper TODAY, that I wrote 23 years ago using books and not the internet is ridiculous.

I'm not the one being childish about it. I provided firsthand knowledge of a paper I wrote in college in 1994.

You don't agree with it? Cool move on. Expecting me to defend a paper TODAY, that I wrote 23 years ago using books and not the internet is ridiculous.

You cannot be this unfamiliar with basic logic. By your absurd reasoning I could claim absolutely anything and pretend to 'prove' it by simply claiming to have written a paper about it sometime and refusing to provide any support from this alleged document that speaks to its very existence, let alone its veracity.

You have supported nothing with nothing.

You cannot be this unfamiliar with basic logic. By your absurd reasoning I could claim absolutely anything and pretend to 'prove' it by simply claiming to have written a paper about it sometime and refusing to provide any support from this alleged document that speaks to its very existence, let alone its veracity.

You have supported nothing with nothing.

And I could choose not to believe it. You don't believe what I'm saying... ok? But your incessant requests for me to prove it when it is impossible because it came out of books I don't have, that I used 23 years ago, isn't going to change anything.

That's logic YOU fail to grasp. You think I care if you don't believe what I said? The paper I wrote was for a class at The Ohio State University for a course called Sports For the Spectator. Now you have to ask yourself, is there something in it for him to make up a fake story to promote his statement. No, there isn't. So either you can believe what I said, you can say that the information I must have used back then has been refuted or changed over the course of the last 23 years, or you can believe it.

But one thing is certain... you asking me to prove what I said, when you've been told numerous times it is impossible, isn't achieving anything productive.

"What's in it for him to lie?" Is your proof that it's true? Holy crap, get a grip!

"What's in it for him to lie?" Is your proof that it's true? Holy crap, get a grip!

No, that's what a person with rational thinking skills would ask theirself. And that is not the only part of my statement... but hey now you are just proving me right to label you as a troll and put you on ignore in the first place. You've now earned your spot back on the list. Congrats.

No, that's what a person with rational thinking skills would ask theirself. And that is not the only part of my statement... but hey now you are just proving me right to label you as a troll and put you on ignore in the first place. You've now earned your spot back on the list. Congrats.

You didn't really put me on the list. I know because I wrote a paper about it 20 years ago then destroyed all the evidence.

For shits and giggles...

"She said that statistics on sensitive crimes are difficult to compile and rely on because of the low incidence of reporting. But, the findings that nearly one-third of sexual assaults on college campuses are perpetrated by athletes have been proven by respected researchers like Jeff Benedict and corroborated by others. That’s a rate almost six times higher than that of their peers, she said. "

and as I stated

"But research does point to some sports whose athletes are disproportionally represented in sexual assault cases -- over and above the disproportionate number of athletes versus non-athlete peers. Finley said it is the athletes in “power and performance sports” who turn up over and over again as perpetrators. Those sports are football, high-level basketball, hockey, wrestling and boxing."

Student-Athletes Commit Rape, Sexual Assaults More Often Than Peers

HnMxNd.png

One of the guys in my class was Central McClellion, a football player that later went on to play in the NFL some years later...

Central McClellion - Wikipedia

But hey everything I said was an elaborate lie just to make a statement I get absolutely no benefit from...

Forum List

Back