The Psychology of Campus PC

What a silly comparison. Panhandling is only legal in places delineated by law. That panhandler isn't being removed because a bunch of mall-goers held a rally to remove him. And anyway, the argument is not about whether they are 'capable", it's about whether or not they should. And they shouldn't. Somewhere along the line, these crybabies forgot what universities are for!

Oh, I think that the only people who forgot what universities are for are the universities.

Probably when they decided to charge someone $65,000 for a piece of paper.

We should make a video of you of Christophobic comments you've made around here for years.

We should. But you see, as I was raised Catholic and had to be subjected to 12 years of their bullshit, I'm kind of justified.

Shameless lie. He has them on his show precisely because they are moderate Muslims and repeatedly says that they need to be empowered, in order to help reform Islam. You don't know what you are talking about.

NO, what he gets on are Self-hating Muslims like Mac's heroes who blame them for not being part of a culture they don't like.

And that's the difference. I really, truly do hate Catholicism. BUt I don't paint myself as a "moderate" Catholic who wants to "Reform" his religion. I just found it to be silly and walked away.

Our problem with Islam is not that their Magic Sky Pixie isn't any sillier than your Magic Sky Pixie. Our problem with Islam is that we keep invading their countries and wondering why they fight back.
"Oh, I think that the only people who forgot what universities are for are the universities.

Probably when they decided to charge someone $65,000 for a piece of paper. "

Irrelevant red herring. That could be true, yet still students have forgotten that universities exist promarily for the open exchange of ideas, which includes instruction.

I will ignore your nonsensical spin on Maher and on Islam, as that is for a different thread

Canary in a coal mine - and all but the 'deaf' can hear the 'sound of silence' over the jackhammers.

Trend or anomaly?

'It's becoming increasingly apparent that conservative speakers aren't welcome on college and university campuses.'

Well, I'm sure that institutions of learning where they teach about talking snakes will always welcome these guys

Why any real college should is a mystery.

Here's a crazy idea. Let's get rid of the concept of commencement speakers altogether. They really add nothing to the experience, which should be for the grads and their families.

nvitations extended to nine speakers this year raised the ire of students or professors, prompting protests, the threat of at least one boycott –- and the withdrawal Saturday of former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice from the commencement ceremony at Rutgers University. She previously was scheduled to address Rutgers students and receive an honorary Doctor of Laws degree May 18. But some faculty members had protested that choice due to Rice’s role in the Iraq War'

Condi Rice is a fucking War criminal! the only place that bitch should be doing an "address" is in front of an international tribunal at the Hague.

Students are the noise makers - not the decision makers.

Or they are people standing up for what they believe in.

Joe, if nothing else you are a prime example of why I detest today's liberals. You're very useful to have around, in fact I truly hope you continue to post away on the internet, especially around election time.
Just for the record, he's no liberal. He's a Regressive, an illiberal leftist authoritarian.

Two different things.

I know what you're saying. I use that term only because it's really what liberalism in the United States has evolved to.
Understandable.

The Regressives are making liberals like Barack Obama, Van Jones, Bernie Sanders, Liz Warren, Bill Maher and many others look like Nazi Hitler Islamophobes, right on this very thread.

How screwed up does a person have to be, to be this far off the rails?

Irrelevant red herring. That could be true, yet still students have forgotten that universities exist promarily for the open exchange of ideas, which includes instruction.

I will ignore your nonsensical spin on Maher and on Islam, as that is for a different thread

NO, it's exactly the point of this thread.

Mac and you are ALL UPSET that Bill Maher and his Islamophobic nonsense isn't welcome on campuses where Muslims might actually be in attendance.

Maher gets away with it because he also throws in some barbs on Christianity, so he can claim he's representing an atheist point of view.

NO, it's exactly the point of this thread.

Mac and you are ALL UPSET that Bill Maher and his Islamophobic nonsense isn't welcome on campuses where Muslims might actually be in attendance.

Maher gets away with it because he also throws in some barbs on Christianity, so he can claim he's representing an atheist point of view.
That's a lie. That is not what upsets me, and I have made the effort to make that clear. If you have to lie and pigeon hole to have a point, you don't actually have a point.
I would mount the same defense for that nauseating puke Milo.

And, again, I will not be directly responding to your whiny nonsense about Maher in this thread.

That's a lie. That is not what upsets me, and I have made the effort to make that clear. If you have to lie and pigeon hole to have a point, you don't actually have a point.

And, again, I will not be directly responding to your whiny nonsense about Maher in this thread.

No one is stopping you from listening to Milo or Maher or Coulter, but if kids on a campus decide they aren't welcome, that's their prerogative.

No one is stopping you from listening to Milo or Maher or Coulter, but if kids on a campus decide they aren't welcome, that's their prerogative.
Which kids? 40% of them? 80%? 51%? Define your ideas, if you expect a direct response to them.

Snowflakes don't get to rule college campuses regardless of their butt hurt, or yours of course.

Which kids? 40% of them? 80%? 51%? Define your ideas, if you expect a direct response to them.

Why? Kids don't want this shit on their campus, that's their perogative.

*poof*

And he's gone

well, I had better things to do... i didn't chicken out like you did when I proved you hero was a bigot.

"well, I had better things to do..."

Strange, your profile shows you posting the entire time: JoeB131

"Why? Kids don't want this shit on their campus, that's their perogative. "

which kids? 80%? 40%? 51%? or is the decision made by who is loudest? You have to define this, because I can produce examples of students that wanted these speakers to speak on these campuses.

Sorry, you decided to build your little house of cards, now you get to own it.

So, your answer?

(And again: i will happily engage your whiny crap about Maher in a different thread, another time. It is not relevant to this topic.)

*poof*

And he's gone

well, I had better things to do... i didn't chicken out like you did when I proved you hero was a bigot.
Okay, I'll let you off the hook. I do not expect a good answer to my question, because I don't believe one exists. The correct response to these speakers would be to have a 'counter event', in which their points, lies, and fallacies are deconstructed. Or, challenge them to direct debate, and let the speakers be the snowflakes, if they chicken out. That's what intellectuals do on campuses. They don't throw little hissy fits and combat ideas with tantrums.

*poof*

And he's gone

Okay, I'll let you off the hook. I do not expect a good answer to my question, because I don't believe one exists. The correct response to these speakers would be to have a 'counter event', in which their points, lies, and fallacies are deconstructed. Or, challenge them to direct debate, and let the speakers be the snowflakes, if they chicken out. That's what intellectuals do on campuses. They don't throw little hissy fits and combat ideas with tantrums.
This isn't about intellectualism, this isn't about the kids. It's about shutting down all opposing speech.

Look what they're turning these kids into. Bernie Sanders puts this well: "To me, it's a sign of intellectual weakness".

The Regressives are liars and cowards.

Last edited:

*poof*

And he's gone

This isn't about intellectualism, this isn't about the kids. It's about shutting down all opposing speech.

Look what they're turning these kids into. Bernie Sanders puts this well: "To me, it's a sign of intellectual weakness".

The Regressives are cowards.
"Look what they're turning these kids into. "

And this is where you and i will diverge. Nobody is "turning these kids into anything". What we are seeing is not really a brand new phenomenon.

*poof*

And he's gone

And this is where you and i will diverge. Nobody is "turning these kids into anything". What we are seeing is not really a brand new phenomenon.
The purposeful shutting down of opposing speech? Safe places? Trigger warnings? Microaggressions?

This has gotten worse, and it's being defended and enabled by the Regressives.

I'll side with Barack Obama, Van Jones, Liz Warren, Bernie Sanders and many others on that.

*poof*

And he's gone

The purposeful shutting down of opposing speech? Safe places? Trigger warnings? Microaggressions?

I'll side with Barack Obama, Van Jones, Liz Warren, Bernie Sanders and many others on that.
Okay. I won't deny that people contribute to it. But I will also not deny these students the individual accountability they richly deserve.

Okay. I won't deny that people contribute to it. But I will also not deny these students the individual accountability they richly deserve.
Agreed. They're kids, and impressionable. Plus, when you have professors and illiberal leftist authoritarians doing everything they can to enable and defend you, it becomes us vs. them pretty quickly.

This is THE BEST time of their lives to be exposed to opposing views, to be challenged, to sharpen their minds and opinions. Instead they're being told to (a) shut down opposing speech, (b) shout down opposing speech, and (c) run to their safe space if all else fails.

This is a horrible thing to do to a kid. But yeah, they have to bear responsibility too.

*poof*

And he's gone

"well, I had better things to do..."

Strange, your profile shows you posting the entire time: JoeB131

"Why? Kids don't want this shit on their campus, that's their perogative. "

which kids? 80%? 40%? 51%? or is the decision made by who is loudest? You have to define this, because I can produce examples of students that wanted these speakers to speak on these campuses.

Sorry, you decided to build your little house of cards, now you get to own it.

So, your answer?

(And again: i will happily engage your whiny crap about Maher in a different thread, another time. It is not relevant to this topic.)
Yep. There are people on campus who want to hear opposing views.

But it doesn't matter. If the Regressives are afraid of them, they must be shut down.

They don't even try to hide it.

I think even 10% saying no should be enough. Here's the thing. Bringing one of these assholes on campus costs money. Now, if I'm paying 65,000 a year for a piece of paper, I sure as hell don't want it spent to pay to secure a venue for Bill Maher to spew Islamophobic garbage.

Again, if I'm a Muslim student paying $65,000 dollars to get a piece of paper.... I don't want that being spent to keep people from kicking in Ann Coulter's teeth.

Now back in my day, we had something called a Student Activities Funding Committee. And guess what. They avoided paying for speakers of any political stripe. Every once in a while, they'd tried to sneak one by us, but we usually caught them.

Forum List

Back