the PS4 will be a better choice than gaming PCs for a few years

The PS3 was a powerhouse compared to the 360 but that never materialized into the games. Specs are pointless if the developers don't fully utilize them. IE most multiplats ran smoother on the 360 despite the PS3's large advantage internally. I expect most games at the beginning of this gen will look and perform equally for the first couple years. Then the pc will reclaim the lead for performance. Until then it all boils down to which systems you've grown accustomed to.
Probably, the games graphics will be made for the less powerful system. But the differences ain´t that big as the XBOX ONE uses a similar AMD solution.

The PS3 was a powerhouse compared to the 360 but that never materialized into the games. Specs are pointless if the developers don't fully utilize them. IE most multiplats ran smoother on the 360 despite the PS3's large advantage internally. I expect most games at the beginning of this gen will look and perform equally for the first couple years. Then the pc will reclaim the lead for performance. Until then it all boils down to which systems you've grown accustomed to.

not really true. almost all games are graphically superior to the Xbox 360. what the Xbox 360 head over the PlayStation 3 was speed. which seems PlayStation 4 has solved. hardcore fans are going to stick to the console they like the most Tech guys are going to go to the PlayStation 4 because it offers more hardware and not un tested cloud mumbo jumbo. Microsoft is a step behind this time

not really true. almost all games are graphically superior to the Xbox 360. what the Xbox 360 head over the PlayStation 3 was speed. which seems PlayStation 4 has solved. hardcore fans are going to stick to the console they like the most Tech guys are going to go to the PlayStation 4 because it offers more hardware and not un tested cloud mumbo jumbo. Microsoft is a step behind this time

Your logic baffles me. Tech guys will buy the ps4 for the tech? The tech they can't access or manipulate in any fashion? The ps3 had far better tech and it made little difference. And the cloud is nothing more than mass servers. They went from 15k servers to 300000 servers. The cloud has existed for near a decade just on a smaller scale. Hardly untested. Now Gaikae is untested. Streaming games over our current infrastructure will be problematic at best. Especially if those games involve multiplayer.

Your logic baffles me. Tech guys will buy the ps4 for the tech? The tech they can't access or manipulate in any fashion? The ps3 had far better tech and it made little difference. And the cloud is nothing more than mass servers. They went from 15k servers to 300000 servers. The cloud has existed for near a decade just on a smaller scale. Hardly untested. Now Gaikae is untested. Streaming games over our current infrastructure will be problematic at best. Especially if those games involve multiplayer.

because it does not guarantee speed or better graphics. not to mention there's one constant in computers is that servers go down a lot. As for my statement of the tech guys my point was they would want Hardware they know would work over idea that is uncertain.

because it does not guarantee speed or better graphics. not to mention there's one constant in computers is that servers go down a lot. As for my statement of the tech guys my point was they would want Hardware they know would work over idea that is uncertain.

I've played on those 15k servers since live came online. To my knowledge they have never gone down. With the addition of 300000 I don't think it would ever be a widespread problem like when psn went down for a month or when everyone's credit card info was hacked on ps3 and they waited weeks to tell their consumers.

I think both systems will function near identical as far as gaming goes. Gaikae is a nice addition for PS4 if it can be pulled off just as all dedicated servers for X1 will be awesome if the developers utilize them.

I've played on those 15k servers since live came online. To my knowledge they have never gone down. With the addition of 300000 I don't think it would ever be a widespread problem like when psn went down for a month or when everyone's credit card info was hacked on ps3 and they waited weeks to tell their consumers.

I think both systems will function near identical as far as gaming goes. Gaikae is a nice addition for PS4 if it can be pulled off just as all dedicated servers for X1 will be awesome if the developers utilize them.

yeah sony did have somebody hack them about 6 months after somebody hacked Xbox for the third time. neither one of those are safe in that regard. thats why i buy cards and don't use my credit card information online.

I would have bought a PS4 at launch like I always do but they put their online gameplay behind a paywall like Microsoft and im not gonna pay to play on two systems when one will rarely be used.

yeah sony did have somebody hack them about 6 months after somebody hacked Xbox for the third time. neither one of those are safe in that regard. thats why i buy cards and don't use my credit card information online.

I buy reloadable credit cards for online stuff.

Either way I'm looking forward to both systems eventually.

I would have bought a PS4 at launch like I always do but they put their online gameplay behind a paywall like Microsoft and im not gonna pay to play on two systems when one will rarely be used.

I saw that coming. the only good thing is you won't have to pay them the run stuff like Netflix and things like that you're probably will have to with Xbox 1.

I buy reloadable credit cards for online stuff.

Either way I'm looking forward to both systems eventually.

good idea

I saw that coming. the only good thing is you won't have to pay them the run stuff like Netflix and things like that you're probably will have to with Xbox 1.

Forum List

Back