the PS4 will be a better choice than gaming PCs for a few years

nitroz

INDEPENDENTly ruthless
May 18, 2011
Merritt Island, FL
Because the PS4 is comparable to a GTX 680 and is the price of the GTX 680 (or even cheaper).

With the GTX 680, You will need a system to go with it, costing another $800+.
With the PS4, you can just plug and play, having more $$$ for games (or not breaking the bank if you are on a budget).

The 700 series by nvidia is the same architecture as the 600 series, but with more cores/tweaks/optimizations/etc. Meaning that it's still current gen. Next gen wont arrive till summer-fall next year.
But even with future gen, it won't be more than a 20% improvement. So there is no need to dump $1,200+ on a gaming rig to outdo the PS4.

Game on!

The problem with the PS4 is their release lineup. There isn't one worth sinking money into yet. Summer or fall 2014 may bring some amazing exclusives but right now the lineup is weak.

The Graphics unit in the PS4 will probably be an AMD Notebook GPU and will not have the performance of a GTX GTX. Given that Sony, MS and Nintendo made big losses with their current devices, it is clear, they now will use the cheapest hardware. The big advantage is that Games can be optimized for one hardware configuration and therefor can run faster on relative slow hardware.

Last edited:
I got mine per-ordered and am excited for it.... First time I EVER bought a console at release... Hell first time in the first 3 years of release.

I got Xbox One preordered. Will probably get a PS4 when some game looks worth dropping an extra 400 for. At this point nothing is tempting me

I got Xbox One preordered. Will probably get a PS4 when some game looks worth dropping an extra 400 for. At this point nothing is tempting me

I really didn't see any games worth it to me to give Microsoft more money... They are next to EA as the worse in digital customer service. Yet the ps4 will have the new infamous game coming out a couple of months after release... I am stoked for that one.

And I thought the NES was expensive @219.00 bucks.

all consoles come out expensive... Truth be told this set is cheaper then most adjusted for inflation. You could easily ended up pay 800 bucks for a xbox 360 and everything you needed for it and it was 600 bucks out of the box version of the ps3

I will be getting one, but first I have to get my 11 yo a 600 dollar video editing program to produce his own videos.

I really didn't see any games worth it to me to give Microsoft more money... They are next to EA as the worse in digital customer service. Yet the ps4 will have the new infamous game coming out a couple of months after release... I am stoked for that one.

Forza & Dead Rising 3 & Titanfall.

So far the only one on PS4 that interests me is Killzone but im not buying a box for 1 game. After I finished The Last of Us (best game this gen) I sold my PS3.

So far the only one on PS4 that interests me is Killzone but im not buying a box for 1 game. After I finished The Last of Us (best game this gen) I sold my PS3.

Your choice. I am not much of a shooter guy myself so I am not all excited by killzone and games like it. I dont own one racing game LOL My stepson loves them be I can stand them. In my house there is my ps3 and my stepkids have xbox 360's so I am open to them both ...Or I was until Microsoft tried to screw their customers with the used game debacle and always online stupidity. After that I will never not even for my kids buy a Xbox 1. But I am not buying a ps4 for one game I just told you the game I am looking forward to the most. Other games will be multiplatform so it doesn't really matter which console you own.

It is a personal thing :). Those who love FPS and call of duty clones will most likely have Xboxes where those who like adventure games and RPGs like me will have PS4's. Yet if you will buy it for hardware .... Xbox will lose that one.

Last edited:

Eh, deadrising 3 just looks like a game that's sole purpose was to use a name for an exclusive. it won't be anything special.

Forza looks like the same old, same old.

Titanfall.... idk

I want project spark, though. that looked great.

I'll have killzone preordered, ass creed, and others because they all look so great. But my library and stuff will also carry over and we'll have Gaikai

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtIcTvspjlA]Killzone Shadow Fall PS4 Gameplay [FullHD] PS4 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uibnf_Q_51s]inFAMOUS Second Son - Official E3 Gameplay Video - YouTube[/ame]

It is said, that the PS4 is 10 times faster than the PS3 but also that it will take 3 or 4 years until its absolute power will be used by the games and that the first titles will not differ so much in matter of graphics from the PS3.

"The PlayStation 4 will use a processor developed by AMD in cooperation with Sony. It will combine a central processing unit (CPU) and graphics processing unit (GPU), as well as other components such as a memory controller and video decoder. The CPU consists of eight x86-64 cores running at a maximum of 2.75Ghz. The console will contain 8 GB of GDDR5 memory, 16 times the amount of RAM found in the PS3 and is expected to give the console considerable longevity. It also includes secondary custom chips that handle tasks associated with downloading, uploading, and social gameplay. These tasks can be handled seamlessly in the background during gameplay or while the system is in sleep mode. The console also contains an audio module, which can support in-game chat as well as "a very large number" of audio streams for use in-game.
The PS4's read-only optical drive is capable of reading Blu-ray discs at speeds of up to three times that of the PS3's. The console will feature a hardware on-the-fly decompression module boosting optical disc reading speed and buffer unread data when a game isn't actively accessing the optical drive, forming part of Sony's PlayGo strategy. Like the Playstation 3, the Blu-ray Disc drive should be capable of reading 16-layer 400 GB discs. Although the console will support photos and videos at 4K resolution, the system is not expected to be able to render games beyond 1080p. The console will include a 500 gigabyte hard drive for additional storage, which can be upgraded by the user.
The PlayStation 4 will feature WiFi wireless network connectivity (and wired Ethernet), Bluetooth, and two USB 3.0 ports. An auxiliary port will also be included for connection to the PlayStation Camera, a motion detection digital camera device first introduced on the PS3. A mono headset, which can be plugged into the DualShock 4, will come bundled with the system. Audio/video output options include HDMI TV and optical S/PDIF audio. The PlayStation 4 does not have an analog audio/video output.

Games on the PlayStation 4 will not be region-locked, so games purchased in one region can be played on consoles in all regions. Additionally, gamers can trade, lend, and re-sell their games, as buying a game means it is owned by them forever.

Sony has confirmed that the PlayStation 4 will not natively support PlayStation 3 games. While the company has yet to also rule-out on-console emulation of some previous generations, the company has detailed plans to explore cloud-based emulation of previous generations as a long-term solution to the challenges of backwards compatibility.
Sony is planning to launch a cloud-based streaming service through Gaikai, a company acquired by Sony in July 2012. The service will emulate and render previous generations of PlayStation games, streaming them to the PS4 and the Vita, over the internet."
PlayStation 4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sounds very good in my opinion.

Last edited:
The PS3 was a powerhouse compared to the 360 but that never materialized into the games. Specs are pointless if the developers don't fully utilize them. IE most multiplats ran smoother on the 360 despite the PS3's large advantage internally. I expect most games at the beginning of this gen will look and perform equally for the first couple years. Then the pc will reclaim the lead for performance. Until then it all boils down to which systems you've grown accustomed to.

Forum List

Back