The problem with political parties

Pros and cons
Pro: checks and balances
Cons: individual issues need individual review on it's own merits not based on across the board support or rejection based on affiliation.

Creates sabotage or prevention from getting things done.

This causes party first mentality over what's best for the people and country.

Right and wrong disappear for what's gang mentality and affiliation pride.

Other parties are prevented by the major ones especially the bully who controls media access preventing equal access to all.

Creates bully baiting deflection of blame, in other words blaming the opponent or what your party is creating like division, prejudices, hate, anger, chaos, destabilization etc.

The division causes the enemies to have power over our instabilities.

The acts in sabotaging the other party sometimes risks escalation of tensions including tempting war, solely for sake of party power plays against the opponent party.

Clearly we can go on forever, but the cons outweigh the pros, so a better system needs to be considered when your system starts failing and collapsing.
We have the technology to create an issue by issue support vote rather then based on group affiliations.

Last edited:
The problem with political parties is they have stopped representing the people that elected them for the good of the nation and put the power of their political party as their ultimate goal as their highest aim above all else the people be damned.

Profound, I tell ya. LMAO

The Democrats have to buy their party members. Got any spare food stamps?

It's not I but rather an icon of the GOP who, in my experiences, first introduced the notion. His presentation of the idea was vastly more direct than mine.

"If I were myself a constituent of the community of Mississippi at this moment, what I would do is vote to lift the standards of the vote to disqualify 65% of the white people who are presently voting."
-- William F. Buckley, Jr., Cambridge debate against James Baldwin, 1965

Forum List

Back