The President's Speech.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Possibly one of his best:

Now, all these issues remind us that the choices we make about war can impact — in sometimes unintended ways — the openness and freedom on which our way of life depends. And that is why I intend to engage Congress about the existing Authorization to Use Military Force, or AUMF, to determine how we can continue to fight terrorism without keeping America on a perpetual wartime footing.

The AUMF is now nearly 12 years old. The Afghan war is coming to an end. Core al Qaeda is a shell of its former self. Groups like AQAP must be dealt with, but in the years to come, not every collection of thugs that labels themselves al Qaeda will pose a credible threat to the United States. Unless we discipline our thinking, our definitions, our actions, we may be drawn into more wars we don’t need to fight, or continue to grant Presidents unbound powers more suited for traditional armed conflicts between nation states.

So I look forward to engaging Congress and the American people in efforts to refine, and ultimately repeal, the AUMF’s mandate. And I will not sign laws designed to expand this mandate further. Our systematic effort to dismantle terrorist organizations must continue. But this war, like all wars, must end. That’s what history advises. That’s what our democracy demands.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/24/u...-policy.html?pagewanted=8&_r=2&smid=fb-share&

About fucking time!

:clap2:

Now, all these issues remind us that the choices we make about war can impact — in sometimes unintended ways — the openness and freedom on which our way of life depends. And that is why I intend to engage Congress about the existing Authorization to Use Military Force, or AUMF, to determine how we can continue to fight terrorism without keeping America on a perpetual wartime footing.

The AUMF is now nearly 12 years old. The Afghan war is coming to an end. Core al Qaeda is a shell of its former self. Groups like AQAP must be dealt with, but in the years to come, not every collection of thugs that labels themselves al Qaeda will pose a credible threat to the United States. Unless we discipline our thinking, our definitions, our actions, we may be drawn into more wars we don’t need to fight, or continue to grant Presidents unbound powers more suited for traditional armed conflicts between nation states.

So I look forward to engaging Congress and the American people in efforts to refine, and ultimately repeal, the AUMF’s mandate. And I will not sign laws designed to expand this mandate further. Our systematic effort to dismantle terrorist organizations must continue. But this war, like all wars, must end. That’s what history advises. That’s what our democracy demands.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/24/u...-policy.html?pagewanted=8&_r=2&smid=fb-share&

About fucking time!

Fuckin' A! I may have a lot of complaints about his domestic work but he's been a god-send for the war on terror and our international standing after the Bush Administration gang-raped the very notion and reputation of America.

What a rambling incoherent mess. Hee should have cut out most of it for a few verses of Hush Little Baby.

Hey obama we get it. You love muslims.

About fucking time!

Fuckin' A! I may have a lot of complaints about his domestic work but he's been a god-send for the war on terror and our international standing after the Bush Administration gang-raped the very notion and reputation of America.

It was a great speech.

Full of concrete policy and procedure.

Read it man.

Yup....time to end the war on terrorists.
Another Obama victory.

What happened in London.....
Well shit happens...right?

What a rambling incoherent mess. Hee should have cut out most of it for a few verses of Hush Little Baby.

What part of it was incoherent or messy.

It was in fact well constructed and pedantic.

He even never lost a step when a code pink protester heckled him.

About fucking time!

I was wondering who was going to be stupid enough to believe this.

We just need to accept the fact that when we leave the house to go to work or whatever we just might come home.As long as this country does it's best not to offend the Muslim world Obama considers it a job well done...

About fucking time!

Yes, it is because of Obama that all terror attacks against the US and its embassies have completely stopped.

Wait...

We just need to accept the fact that when we leave the house to go to work or whatever we just might come home.As long as this country does it's best not to offend the Muslim world Obama considers it a job well done...

I love these stupid fucking conservatives that don't even bother to listen or read what they're pontificating on. Go back to screaming about Benghazi, that's been enthralling for the last several months.

About fucking time!

Yes, it is because of Obama that all terror attacks against the US and its embassies have completely stopped.

Wait...

So are you for the AUMF?

Really?

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's an incoherent mess, it just means you're stupid.

Just because you believe it does not make it true.

Like his comment that drones actually cause less hatred, does he actually have evidence for this, or are we simply supposed to believe him? Can anyone explain why we have to change the rules on drones? Does that mean he was wrong before?

Obama Derangement Syndrome in full effect right now. These fucking idiots can't even be bothered to read the information direct from the President and just assume they know what he said and will continue their campaigns of paranoid idiocy.

Forum List

Back