The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is?

Bush was also handed an economy headed into a recession.

No it wasn't. It was so good that Bush decided to give a $200 rebate back to taxpayers.

Wrong. the tech bubble collapsed before the recount was even done. The media douche bags kept trying to blame Bush for the collapse of the stock market when he wasn't even in office yet.

Not wrong.

When Bush became president unemployment was at 2.4%. He inherited a budget surplus 127.3 billion dollars and the national debt was at 5.7 trillion dollars.

Bush was running around campaigning that the surplus should be given back as rebates. Remember him using 4 dollar bills as a political prop saying one of those dollars should go back to the taxpayers?

Of course this added another 1.35 trillion to our national debt and so by the time Bush left office unemployment was at 7% and rocketing higher. He left a budget deficit of 1.4 trillion and the national debt had doubled to 10.6 trillion.

If Bush had entered office... AND DONE NOTHING... not a single thing to improve the economy? He would've have left the economy in better shape than he did enacting conservative economic policies.

Bush and conservative trickle down economic policies are an empirically proven failure.

Just look at Kansas.

No it wasn't. It was so good that Bush decided to give a $200 rebate back to taxpayers.

Wrong. the tech bubble collapsed before the recount was even done. The media douche bags kept trying to blame Bush for the collapse of the stock market when he wasn't even in office yet.

Not wrong.

When Bush became president unemployment was at 2.4%. He inherited a budget surplus 127.3 billion dollars and the national debt was at 5.7 trillion dollars.

Bush was running around campaigning that the surplus should be given back as rebates. Remember him using 4 dollar bills as a political prop saying one of those dollars should go back to the taxpayers?

Of course this added another 1.35 trillion to our national debt and so by the time Bush left office unemployment was at 7% and rocketing higher. He left a budget deficit of 1.4 trillion and the national debt had doubled to 10.6 trillion.

If Bush had entered office... AND DONE NOTHING... not a single thing to improve the economy? He would've have left the economy in better shape than he did enacting conservative economic policies.

Bush and conservative trickle down economic policies are an empirically proven failure.

Just look at Kansas.
Wow....did you notice Obama?

Barrack Obama: 8.86%

Average Unemployment Rates For US Presidents since World War II:

01. Lyndon Johnson: 4.19%
02. Harry Truman: 4.26%
03. Dwight Eisenhower: 4.89%
04. Richard Nixon: 5.00%
05. Bill Clinton: 5.20%
06. George W. Bush: 5.27%
07. John Kennedy: 5.98%
08. George H.W. Bush: 6.30%
09. Jimmy Carter: 6.54%
10. Ronald Reagan: 7.54%
11. Gerald Ford: 7.77%
12. Barack Obama: 8.86%

only if you start with the over 800,000 jobs we were bleeding a month after baby bush turned over the keys to the white house.

i hope that helps you

obama deranged wingnuts are so funny

only if you start with the over 800,000 jobs we were bleeding a month after baby bush turned over the keys to the white house.

i hope that helps you

obama deranged wingnuts are so funny
You Obama fascists are even funnier...

And your post shows precisely how one can disingenuously present statistics. I know sure as I wrote that you and some others will have not the first idea of what's dissembling about your presentation of the average rates of unemployment. That's fine. I haven't the time right now to explain, and quite frankly, I suspect that were I to do so, most folks here wouldn't read it anyway.

And your post shows precisely how one can disingenuously present statistics. I know sure as I wrote that you and some others will have not the first idea of what's dissembling about your presentation of the average rates of unemployment. That's fine. I haven't the time right now to explain, and quite frankly, I suspect that were I to do so, most folks here wouldn't read it anyway.
You can't explain.....and we know, you know, we know.....

Is still Reagan at this same point (91 months) in his presidency:

Reagan (R) .... 7.63
Obama (D) .... 7.56
Here's some reality for you...

food stamp recipients by the decade - Google Search
Your off-topic deflection is noted and discarded. Thanks for tryin' anyway.
So you believe unemployment and economic hardship are unrelated.
Time to remove the clothes from the washer.
Food stamps are not necessarily about hardship, so your point is DOA. Trying to establish a connection between unemployment and SNAP benefits is retarded. I know of 3 people on SNAP. They all work at the same company as my mother-in-law. They all have bank accounts in familiy members' names and they lie about their resources to qualify. One of them even drives a Mercedes but keeps it in her mother's name. I know about them because they brag about it to my mother-in-law, who they give tips to in order to encourage her to register for SNAP benifits.

States are doing little to crack down on cases like these, that's why the number of food stamp recipients is near an all time high. Not because of the economy.

Reagan (R) .... 7.63
Obama (D) .... 7.56

So you're saying that even though Obama didn't inherit the oil shortage issue that Reagan did and Obama didn't have to deal with the Cold War and the necessary subsequent military spending that Reagan did, obama's unemployment numbers are still virtually as bad as Reagan's?
Truth is, your obama number is skewed because it is not weighed against a diminished work force number.

He inherited the greatest economic downturn since the great depression. Now the Repub Party says "Give us another chance, but with a lunatic."

Naw
He inherited a blip and turned it into perpetuation with his global warming scam energy policy.
What the fuck is a "blip?" Obama inherited one of the worst recessions in U.S. history. Employment fell by 1.2 million jobs in January, 2009, alone. WTF is wrong with you people that you think you can rewrite history?

Reagan (R) .... 7.63
Obama (D) .... 7.56

So you're saying that even though Obama didn't inherit the oil shortage issue that Reagan did and Obama didn't have to deal with the Cold War and the necessary subsequent military spending that Reagan did, obama's unemployment numbers are still virtually as bad as Reagan's?
Truth is, your obama number is skewed because it is not weighed against a diminished work force number.
WTF does military spending have to do with unemployment figures?? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

What DOES have a lot to do with unemployment figures is the massive recession Obama inherited where some 7 million jobs were lost.

Try subtracting 7 million jobs from Reagan's terms and see what his numbers look like. And try subtracting the 1.4 million public sector jobs added while Reagan was president to match the 366K decrease in public jobs we've seen disappear under Obama.
You'll make yourself dizzy with all of that spin.
Obama energy policy has kept us in an economic hole. We have yet to recover and that is born out in a reduced work force and increased food stamp subsidies. Duh.
You're all over the place. Now you're talking about energy. What happened to your idiocy about military spending?

You didn't answer the question... WTF does military spending have to do with unemployment?

There was no recession when Bush became president. Stop trying to rewrite history. And the shallow recession which began in March, 2001, wouldn't have even been a recession had 9.11 not happened. The collape of the dotcom bubble alone was not enough to send the economy into recession.

Reagan defeated Communism.
BULLSHIT!
According to TooTall... Russia, China, et.al. are all defeated. :cuckoo:

According to ignorant Hillarybots the USSR is still alive and flourishing.
No one is claiming the U.S.S.R. is still around. What the fuck is wrong with you? Meanwhile, despite your lunacy that Reagan defeated communism, communism is still very much alive in countries like Russia, China, and many more. That's why you look like such an idiot giving Reagan props for defeating it.

Yes, it's been explained to him many times in this thread. You'll note, even the OP has abandoned this thread. Only the most moronic of the rightards can still be baited in here.

Not wrong.

Just look at Kansas.

That's all smoke designed to obscure the central fact that the tech bubble collapsed before Clinton left office. The tech bubble was responsible for Clinton's surpluses when it was increasing, and that disappeared. Plus, tech companies began laying people off when they could no longer get investment money. Clinton is the one who made the so-called "surplus" disappear, not Bush

Not wrong.

Just look at Kansas.

That's all smoke designed to obscure the central fact that the tech bubble collapsed before Clinton left office. The tech bubble was responsible for Clinton's surpluses when it was increasing, and that disappeared. Plus, tech companies began laying people off when they could no longer get investment money. Clinton is the one who made the so-called "surplus" disappear, not Bush
The collapse of the tech bubble alone did not cause the recession and the recession didn't start until after Bush became president.

There was no recession when Bush became president. Stop trying to rewrite history. And the shallow recession which began in March, 2001, wouldn't have even been a recession had 9.11 not happened. The collape of the dotcom bubble alone was not enough to send the economy into recession.
Apparently you believe that failing to get the point is a winning debate tactic.

Apparently you believe that failing to get the point is a winning debate tactic.
And you apparently think you can establish a point by rewriting history.

Forum List

Back