Buying From China Is in Fact Buying American

itfitzme

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2012
United States

This is interesting. Of course, when imports fall, so go exports annd vis a vis.

*Baizhu Chen said:
"In fact, a San Francisco Federal Reserve study has found that 55% of the value of American imported goods from China actually goes to American companies and workers. In comparison, American companies and workers only capture 36% of the value added of the import from all countries combined. Buying from China gives America a much better deal than buying from other countries in the world."

Buying From China Is in Fact Buying American - Forbes

There was an article I saw that showed how much of the cost of an iPod manufactured in China went to China, it really wasn't that much. From the engineers designing products to the marketing people selling them to the drivers putting them on trains and trucks to the stocker at your retailer there are an awful lot of hands in the mix putting a product on a shelf.

I guess, if you have a part that use to be manufactured in America now assembled in China, and then shipped to the United States for final completion, I suppose it's the same as buying American.

I guess, if you have a part that use to be manufactured in America now assembled in China, and then shipped to the United States for final completion, I suppose it's the same as buying American.

As well as when parts and materials are made in America.

Common sense tells you that if the jobs are in China, the money doesn't go to American workers. Has someone been watching Fox again?

Common sense tells you that if the jobs are in China, the money doesn't go to American workers. Has someone been watching Fox again?
You noticed??? Who else would say that sending a part to china, having them do part of the work, and then sending it back to the US for final assembly (or final completion as some cons call it) is the same as making it entirely in america. You asked about jobs. Cons do not care about jobs. So that is no issue for them, at least in their tiny little minds. Funny, I guess that cons believe that the work being done in china today was not being done in the us before. So, it is the same as buying american???

But then, for the cons, workers don't matter. Unemployment does not matter. What matters is that those at the top get richer. Funny.

This is interesting. Of course, when imports fall, so go exports annd vis a vis.

*Baizhu Chen said:
"In fact, a San Francisco Federal Reserve study has found that 55% of the value of American imported goods from China actually goes to American companies and workers. In comparison, American companies and workers only capture 36% of the value added of the import from all countries combined. Buying from China gives America a much better deal than buying from other countries in the world."

Not only that, it's in the consumer's best interest to find the best value.

You noticed??? Who else would say that sending a part to china, having them do part of the work, and then sending it back to the US for final assembly (or final completion as some cons call it) is the same as making it entirely in america. You asked about jobs. Cons do not care about jobs. So that is no issue for them, at least in their tiny little minds. Funny, I guess that cons believe that the work being done in china today was not being done in the us before. So, it is the same as buying american???

But then, for the cons, workers don't matter. Unemployment does not matter. What matters is that those at the top get richer. Funny.

making something in China makes it about 7% cheaper since labor is only a tiny part of the cost. We can easily get around their labor cost by just changing a few idiotic liberal policies as follows:

1) eliminate liberal corporate taxaction (highest in world) so companies don't need to move to China to avoid high taxes

2) make unions illegal again to more than compensate for wage differential

3) make liberal deficits illegal so China and Japan must buy out products with their dollars rather than our deficits.

I know thats way way over a liberals head!

Common sense tells you that if the jobs are in China, the money doesn't go to American workers. *

Has someone been watching Fox again?

**Who else would say that sending a part to china, having them do part of the work, and then sending it back to the US for final assembly (or final completion as some cons call it) is the same as making it entirely in america.
*Cons do not care about jobs. *
But then, for the cons, workers don't matter.

making something in China makes it about 7% cheaper since labor is only a tiny part of the cost. We can easily get around their labor cost by just changing a few idiotic liberal policies as follows:

Wow, you guys really are insane. *The same article; two refer to it as conservative and one as liberal.

Last edited:
Common sense tells you that if the jobs are in China, the money doesn't go to American workers. *

**Who else would say that sending a part to china, having them do part of the work, and then sending it back to the US for final assembly (or final completion as some cons call it) is the same as making it entirely in america.
*Cons do not care about jobs. *
But then, for the cons, workers don't matter.

Wow, you guys really are insane. *The same article; two refer to it as conservative and one as liberal.
Well, perhaps it is you that is insane, me boy. You just posted an opinion piece. From Forbes. I would never use Forbes as a source, because they provide way too many far left of far right articles. Articles with agendas Consider the author of this opinion piece. Here are some of Baizhu Chen's affiliations: He is also senior researcher at the Institute of Finance and Banking at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, chief economist of Sino-Century Capital, a venture capital firm in Shanghai, and former president of the Chinese Economists Society. He has others, but his ties to Chinese business would make me suspicious of his intent in the article.
So, he believes that by sending money to China, that we will save money as consumers (can not question that!!) and provide corporate shareholders of american companies economic benefits. He is discussing a particular item, in this case the iPhone. He then makes sweeping statements across the economic landscape.
He may be correct. I just do not think so. You could read a lot of opinions on this subject, but if you get away from the political side of things, and throw out the dem and republican responses, with only the non-partisan sources of information remaining, I seriously doubt that you would come out with the same conclusions.
So, there you go. And I will keep your opinion of my sanity in mind. You must know how much I respect your opinion.....

*Baizhu Chen said:

In the same sense dealing with Germany in 1941 was very American lol.

1) eliminate liberal corporate taxaction (highest in world) so companies don't need to move to China to avoid high taxes

3) make liberal deficits illegal so China and Japan must buy out products with their dollars rather than our deficits.

Because the trillions corporations have isn't enough?

Properity through lower wages?

Deficits are "liberal"? Like the one created by two unfunded wars and trillions in tax cuts and a drug give a way program?

You started off with a delusion and then insisted it's over liberals heads? Good, we don't want them infected with what you caught.

Well, perhaps it is you that is insane, me boy. *You just posted an opinion piece. *From Forbes. *I would never use Forbes as a source, because they provide way too many far left of far right articles. *Articles with agendas *Consider the author of this opinion piece. *Here are some of *Baizhu Chen's affiliations: *He is also senior researcher at the Institute of Finance and Banking at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, chief economist of Sino-Century Capital, a venture capital firm in Shanghai, and former president of the Chinese Economists Society. *He has others, but his ties to Chinese business would make me suspicious of his intent in the article. *
So, he believes that by sending money to China, that we will save money as consumers (can not question that!!) and provide corporate shareholders of american companies economic benefits. *He is discussing a particular item, in this case the iPhone. *He then makes sweeping statements across the economic landscape.*
He may be correct. *I just do not think so. *You could read a lot of opinions on this subject, but if you get away from the political side of things, and throw out the dem and republican responses, with only the non-partisan sources of information remaining, I seriously doubt that *you would come out with the same conclusions.
So, there you go. *And I will keep your opinion of my sanity in mind. *You must know how much I respect your opinion.....

So is it con or lib? *I'm just confused as to which it is. *Is that 67% con and 33% lib? What is this objective measure that makes something "con" or "lib".

Last edited:
You noticed??? *Who else would say that sending a part to china, having them do part of the work, and then sending it back to the US for final assembly (or final completion as some cons call it) is the same as making it entirely in america. *You asked about jobs. *Cons do not care about jobs. *So that is no issue for them, at least in their tiny little minds. *Funny, I guess that cons believe that the work being done in china today was not being done in the us before. *So, it is the same as buying american??? *

But then, for the cons, workers don't matter. *Unemployment does not matter. *What matters is that those at the top get richer. *Funny.

3) make liberal deficits illegal so China and Japan must buy out products with their dollars rather than our deficits. *

Because the trillions corporations have isn't enough?

Properity through lower wages?

Deficits are "liberal"? * Like the one created by two unfunded wars and trillions in tax cuts and a drug give a way program?

You started off with a delusion and then insisted it's over liberals heads? *Good, we don't want them infected with what you caught.

So how much is the US/China trade deficit?

Ed, you confuse me. Are you claiming China has a "free and open" economy we should emulate? Or a successful Control economy that we should emulate?

You noticed??? *Who else would say that sending a part to china, having them do part of the work, and then sending it back to the US for final assembly (or final completion as some cons call it) is the same as making it entirely in america. *You asked about jobs. *Cons do not care about jobs. *So that is no issue for them, at least in their tiny little minds. *Funny, I guess that cons believe that the work being done in china today was not being done in the us before. *So, it is the same as buying american??? *

But then, for the cons, workers don't matter. *Unemployment does not matter. *What matters is that those at the top get richer. *Funny.

3) make liberal deficits illegal so China and Japan must buy out products with their dollars rather than our deficits. *

Ed, you confuse me. *Are you claiming China has a "free and open" economy we should emulate? *Or a successful Control economy that we should emulate?

Apparently he's a libertarian so he *believes in strict gov't laws that control people's right of assembly and combined action as well as laws that control commerce on the global free market.*

And of course, he believes that we should eliminate taxes and let the free market enforce these laws.

After all, in the free market Walmart drives prices and wages down to near zero and everyone gets rich, eventually all becoming millionaires from their stock market investment.

I'm pretty sure it's like that, but then, apparently, I'm a liberal so I'm sure it must be me and my liberal Econ 101 training. *It makes complete sense to Ed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back