the pregnancy announcement was by design!

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Ninja, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    just finished a couple glasses of oban 14 year over a few articles on palin's daughter.

reading quote after quote from various evangelical figures lending support to the palins made it OBVIOUS me to that this whole thing was planned.

i'm not saying she got PREGNANT for this reason, im saying the mccain camp was aware of the situation and knew they could use the pregnancy to their advantage.

the evangelicals will mobilize, while everyone else will forget about this whole thing within a day or two. all pro, no con.

everyone and their freakin' mom had a well-worded statement ready to go right after the announcement.

come on guys, be conspiratorial with me. that's just not something you MISS when you're vetting a potential VP nominee.

this doesnt quite qualify as disinformation - since the announcement was true - but its pretty damn close.

the mccain campaign connected with "the base" today, in a VERY VERY VERY GOOD way, and managed to play the kos kids like a fiddle at the same time:badgrin:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,747
    I agree with you, I think McCain picked Palin so he could use her daughter as a wedge to earn votes from the fundies. It's pretty revolting, using a teenage girl in this manner. Nah, it's beyond revolting.

You people make me sick.

3. Orange_Juice

Orange_Juice Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    What happened was, the rumors spread about the baby being the daughters, and instead of producing documented medical evidence they produced a teeageager who was pregnant! Strange!

And why would they plan on showing a "Choice" was made. Wouldn't that undercut their no choice stance on abortion?

4. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457

if that is indeed what happened, that's pretty disgusting of both mccain and palin to exploit this 17 year old girls personal situation for political gain.

People are going to be questioning why John McCain picked someone who, within three days of the announcement, had three things dropped about her that could potentially damage him with swing voters?

I know he solidifies the base with her pick but he needs more than just the "base" to win this election. he needs moderate republicans too who are sick of being viewed by the public in general as scumbags out of touch with the rest of America. He also needs independents. and while I don't think any one of these little tid bits is a big deal unto themselves the fact that we've only be aware of Sarah Palin since Friday and already three things have been revealed about her that, common sense would say, should have eliminated her for consideration as VP.

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    I suspect that McCain's people knew about the prenancy and just decided to spin the news about it to their advantage.

Nothing mysterious or untoward about that, is there?

6. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,001
    Palin was being vetted either before or just at the time her daughter got pregnant and certainly before Palin found out her daughter was pregnant. the reports are that Bristol Palin is about 5 months pregnant.

Pretty tough for this to be planned by the GOP no?

The truth is that this is a non issue. Any of you with a 17 year old kid at home knows that this type of thing is impossible to prevent even if you are a fully engaged parent. But Bristol is going to marry the child's father, finish high school, will probably get a college degree and her child will have a loving and supportive extended family. OH the horror of it all!!!!

7. bigdaddygtr

bigdaddygtr Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Wow, the fact that you think this is a good thing shows exactly how little integrity you have (though, based on your reply's to most people, this is not surprising)

8. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    are we to believe that McCain had her vetted over five months ago and only felt it necessary to meet her in person one time, back in February? and reports are coming out now that indicate Palin advised McCain's attorney of the pregnancy during questioning and yet again, she was chosen over more qualified candidates who wouldn't have what could be seen by some as a personal issue that needs her full attention.

I don't think anyone has said the GOP planned the pregnancy itself. I do think the GOP planned to use it to their advantage however.

I agree, this is a non-issue, as long as the GOP and McCain campaign do not attempt to use it as a campaign tool.

I disagree that this is the type of thing that is impossible to prevent. Sarah Palin presents herself as a strong independent free thinking woman. She herself was pregnant. Why wasn't Bristol on birth control? It's clear she knew how pregnancy happened, her own mother was about to have a child. It let's the parent off the hook IMO to say it's impossible to prevent. that's like saying HIV/AIDS is impossible to prevent, that's a lie.... there are few things in this world that are IMPOSSIBLE to prevent and teen pregnancy certainly isn't one of them.

:lol: :lol: :lol: you make it sound like a fairytale and it's clearly not.

9. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,747
    I can't wait to see all the posts praising poor black women for doing the right thing and giving birth out of wedlock. :eusa_whistle:

10. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    I just want to point out that when McCain made kissy face with Parsley and Hagee, I said he was bought and sold by the rabid religious right... you know, the same folk he used to call the "agents of intolerance".

And anyone who still believes that Roe v Wade is safe from this man or that he is somehow lying about what he plans to do in regard to destroying individual rights needs to get their head straight on this subject.