the pregnancy announcement was by design!

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
just finished a couple glasses of oban 14 year over a few articles on palin's daughter.

reading quote after quote from various evangelical figures lending support to the palins made it OBVIOUS me to that this whole thing was planned.

i'm not saying she got PREGNANT for this reason, im saying the mccain camp was aware of the situation and knew they could use the pregnancy to their advantage.

the evangelicals will mobilize, while everyone else will forget about this whole thing within a day or two. all pro, no con.

everyone and their freakin' mom had a well-worded statement ready to go right after the announcement.

come on guys, be conspiratorial with me. that's just not something you MISS when you're vetting a potential VP nominee.

this doesnt quite qualify as disinformation - since the announcement was true - but its pretty damn close.

the mccain campaign connected with "the base" today, in a VERY VERY VERY GOOD way, and managed to play the kos kids like a fiddle at the same time:badgrin:

just finished a couple glasses of oban 14 year over a few articles on palin's daughter.

reading quote after quote from various evangelical figures lending support to the palins made it OBVIOUS me to that this whole thing was planned.

i'm not saying she got PREGNANT for this reason, im saying the mccain camp was aware of the situation and knew they could use the pregnancy to their advantage.

the evangelicals will mobilize, while everyone else will forget about this whole thing within a day or two. all pro, no con.

everyone and their freakin' mom had a well-worded statement ready to go right after the announcement.

come on guys, be conspiratorial with me. that's just not something you MISS when you're vetting a potential VP nominee.

this doesnt quite qualify as disinformation - since the announcement was true - but its pretty damn close.

the mccain campaign connected with "the base" today, in a VERY VERY VERY GOOD way, and managed to play the kos kids like a fiddle at the same time:badgrin:
I agree with you, I think McCain picked Palin so he could use her daughter as a wedge to earn votes from the fundies. It's pretty revolting, using a teenage girl in this manner. Nah, it's beyond revolting.

You people make me sick.

What happened was, the rumors spread about the baby being the daughters, and instead of producing documented medical evidence they produced a teeageager who was pregnant! Strange!

And why would they plan on showing a "Choice" was made. Wouldn't that undercut their no choice stance on abortion?

if that is indeed what happened, that's pretty disgusting of both mccain and palin to exploit this 17 year old girls personal situation for political gain.

People are going to be questioning why John McCain picked someone who, within three days of the announcement, had three things dropped about her that could potentially damage him with swing voters?

I know he solidifies the base with her pick but he needs more than just the "base" to win this election. he needs moderate republicans too who are sick of being viewed by the public in general as scumbags out of touch with the rest of America. He also needs independents. and while I don't think any one of these little tid bits is a big deal unto themselves the fact that we've only be aware of Sarah Palin since Friday and already three things have been revealed about her that, common sense would say, should have eliminated her for consideration as VP.

I suspect that McCain's people knew about the prenancy and just decided to spin the news about it to their advantage.

Nothing mysterious or untoward about that, is there?

Palin was being vetted either before or just at the time her daughter got pregnant and certainly before Palin found out her daughter was pregnant. the reports are that Bristol Palin is about 5 months pregnant.

Pretty tough for this to be planned by the GOP no?

The truth is that this is a non issue. Any of you with a 17 year old kid at home knows that this type of thing is impossible to prevent even if you are a fully engaged parent. But Bristol is going to marry the child's father, finish high school, will probably get a college degree and her child will have a loving and supportive extended family. OH the horror of it all!!!!

Wow, the fact that you think this is a good thing shows exactly how little integrity you have (though, based on your reply's to most people, this is not surprising)

Palin was being vetted either before or just at the time her daughter got pregnant and certainly before Palin found out her daughter was pregnant. the reports are that Bristol Palin is about 5 months pregnant.

are we to believe that McCain had her vetted over five months ago and only felt it necessary to meet her in person one time, back in February? and reports are coming out now that indicate Palin advised McCain's attorney of the pregnancy during questioning and yet again, she was chosen over more qualified candidates who wouldn't have what could be seen by some as a personal issue that needs her full attention.

I don't think anyone has said the GOP planned the pregnancy itself. I do think the GOP planned to use it to their advantage however.

The truth is that this is a non issue. Any of you with a 17 year old kid at home knows that this type of thing is impossible to prevent even if you are a fully engaged parent.

I agree, this is a non-issue, as long as the GOP and McCain campaign do not attempt to use it as a campaign tool.

I disagree that this is the type of thing that is impossible to prevent. Sarah Palin presents herself as a strong independent free thinking woman. She herself was pregnant. Why wasn't Bristol on birth control? It's clear she knew how pregnancy happened, her own mother was about to have a child. It let's the parent off the hook IMO to say it's impossible to prevent. that's like saying HIV/AIDS is impossible to prevent, that's a lie.... there are few things in this world that are IMPOSSIBLE to prevent and teen pregnancy certainly isn't one of them.

But Bristol is going to marry the child's father, finish high school, will probably get a college degree and her child will have a loving and supportive extended family. OH the horror of it all!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: you make it sound like a fairytale and it's clearly not.

I can't wait to see all the posts praising poor black women for doing the right thing and giving birth out of wedlock. :eusa_whistle:

I just want to point out that when McCain made kissy face with Parsley and Hagee, I said he was bought and sold by the rabid religious right... you know, the same folk he used to call the "agents of intolerance".

And anyone who still believes that Roe v Wade is safe from this man or that he is somehow lying about what he plans to do in regard to destroying individual rights needs to get their head straight on this subject.

By design? Republicans tend to take bad news and spin it in their favor. The fact is, Palin promotes abstenance only, and it clearly doesn't work, because her own daughter got knocked up, out of wedlock. You can make it a positive by saying she will get married and she will have the baby, but many women/girls in America wouldn't want to keep the baby and the boy who knocks them up wouldn't want to marry the girl. So it is nice that the Palin's have so much power and money that the kid wants to marry into the family. But what about poor women who's baby daddy don't want to "do the right thing". This is why conservative politicians are insensitive. They say, "I did it, so so can you", not realizing that not everyone is rich like they are.

Anyways, if you think her daughter getting knocked up is a good thing, you'll love this:

Palin supported the Bridge to Knowhere project before she was against it.

And I heard she is involved in some 27 million dollars in pork/earmark projects. Isn't McCain the anti pork candidate?

This is the most regoddamndiculous choice for VP I have ever seen.

are we to believe that McCain had her vetted over five months ago and only felt it necessary to meet her in person one time, back in February? and reports are coming out now that indicate Palin advised McCain's attorney of the pregnancy during questioning and yet again, she was chosen over more qualified candidates who wouldn't have what could be seen by some as a personal issue that needs her full attention. .

If you think that Palin was not vetted at least 3 months ago when Bristol was barely 2 months pregnant when she (Bristol) probably hadn't even told her mother yet, then there is no point in arguing about it.

I don't think anyone has said the GOP planned the pregnancy itself. I do think the GOP planned to use it to their advantage however.

I don't see how any teen pregnancy is an advantage. if it is an advantage with a small group of voters then it is equally a disadvantage with another group. i am looking for the video of Mary Maitlin on the Today Show where she said this morning that JM's people had begun the vetting process almost 6 months ago when it is posted on the Today Show web site i will Link to it.

I agree, this is a non-issue, as long as the GOP and McCain campaign do not attempt to use it as a campaign tool.

I have seen no evidence of that other than the Dem speculation that the republicans will use it in the campaign.

I
disagree that this is the type of thing that is impossible to prevent. Sarah Palin presents herself as a strong independent free thinking woman. She herself was pregnant. Why wasn't Bristol on birth control? It's clear she knew how pregnancy happened, her own mother was about to have a child. It let's the parent off the hook IMO to say it's impossible to prevent. that's like saying HIV/AIDS is impossible to prevent, that's a lie.... there are few things in this world that are IMPOSSIBLE to prevent and teen pregnancy certainly isn't one of them.

You don't have a 17 year old at home do you? i have a 17 year old son and unless i want to keep him shackled to the radiator, i cannot control what he does. Even with all the talks and yes lectures i have given him about wrapping his package, there is still a chance he will have unprotected sex and there is absolutely nothing i can do to stop it. All I can hope for is that he will use good judgement. So you tell me how could Sarah Palin have prevented her 17 year old daughter from getting pregnant? How can you prevent ANY teenager from getting pregnant?

:lol: :lol: :lol: you make it sound like a fairytale and it's clearly not

All I did was say what's going to happen, you can call it a tragedy if you like. When in reality as parents, the Palins are dealing with this the best possible way, by loving and supporting their daughter and her soon to be born child. gee that really is tragic isn't it.

The truth is that this is a non issue. Any of you with a 17 year old kid at home knows that this type of thing is impossible to prevent even if you are a fully engaged parent. But Bristol is going to marry the child's father, finish high school, will probably get a college degree and her child will have a loving and supportive extended family. OH the horror of it all!!!!

It is an issue. Palin is for abstenance only sex ed. Clearly that doesn't work. So why would we want a leader who's ideas don't work? This is why we need to teach safe sex in school.

Oh, this is a HUGE issues. Most women are pro choice. I think it's great that the GOP picked this woman. Talk about the women's movement taking a giant step backwards. LOL.

Oh she's going to marry the baby daddy? How nice. Wonder how long that will last. And then the kid will grow up in an untraditional marriage. So much for gays ruining the sanctitiy of marriage. Straight people do fine on that all by themselves.

Supportive extended family? Maybe. Or maybe she'll be raised wrong like the mother and get knocked up out of wedlock too. Hopefully the mother, who "MIGHT" go to college, will have some money when this happens so she too can be hollier than thou and help her raise the next mistake. Because people that this happens to tend to raise their kids and somehow, the kids grow up to make the exact same mistakes their parents do.

If a girl gets knocked up and her parents aren't rich, abortion is a very viable option. Not everyone has maids and butlers to help wipe their kids asses.

PS. Imagine if one of Obama's kids got knocked up like this. Hypocrites.

PPS. Funny you ignorant bastards used Britney Spears in a negative attack ad against Obama and my oh my, your VP's kid is another Jamie Lynn Spears.

Now you can say that we should leave the candidates kids out of it. Fat chance.

Is that the sort of judgment you want your president to be using?

But I don't buy it. I think people are hacks, all of us, and I think McCain screwed up.

besides, hasn't he sent people to Alaska NOW to do some vetting? I thought I heard that somewhere. I think she wasn't fully vetted, and was a hail mary pass.

Is that the sort of judgment you want your president to be using?

But I don't buy it. I think people are hacks, all of us, and I think McCain screwed up.

besides, hasn't he sent people to Alaska NOW to do some vetting? I thought I heard that somewhere. I think she wasn't fully vetted, and was a hail mary pass.

So what ?----if she wasn't fully vetted then the opposition ruthlessly smears her and the GOP loses. Big deal.

Yeah I'm starting to find it fascinating to watch. I have been googling on news items related to this.

It looks like the vetting process included a 70-question questionnaire for palin, and a review of legal and financial issues. It did not include much by way of interviews with palin (one on the day before the announcement) or by way of going to alaska to check with her coworkers etc.

"They didn't speak to anyone in the Legislature, they didn't speak to anyone in the business community," said Lyda Green, the state Senate president, who lives in Wasilla, where Palin served as mayor.

Rep. Gail Phillips, a Republican and former speaker of the state House of Representatives, said the widespread surprise in Alaska when Palin was named to the ticket made her wonder how intensively the McCain campaign had vetted her.

"I started calling around and asking, and I have not been able to find one person that was called," Phillips said.

The current mayor of Wasilla, Dianne M. Keller, said she had not heard of any efforts to look into Palin's background. And Randy Ruedrich, the state Republican Party chairman, said he, too, knew nothing of any vetting that had been conducted.

State Sen. Hollis French, a Democrat who is directing the ethics investigation, said that no one asked him about the allegations. "I heard not a word, not a single contact," he said.

It's bizarre to see how McCain is running his campaign. I actually would have thought that he would stick to his guns and pick liebermann.

Vetting of Palin gets own scrutiny | Politics | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Yeah I'm starting to find it fascinating to watch. I have been googling on news items related to this.

It looks like the vetting process included a 70-question questionnaire for palin, and a review of legal and financial issues. It did not include much by way of interviews with palin (one on the day before the announcement) or by way of going to alaska to check with her coworkers etc.

It's bizarre to see how McCain is running his campaign. I actually would have thought that he would stick to his guns and pick liebermann.

from that article:
"Had her name been played out in the press for months and months, she wouldn't have been seen as so bold," Opinsky said. "You either get freshness and you have to live with what you get in your vetting, or you lose the freshness."

guess mccain didnt want to potentially give away his choice by examining her in depth?

I agree with you, I think McCain picked Palin so he could use her daughter as a wedge to earn votes from the fundies. It's pretty revolting, using a teenage girl in this manner. Nah, it's beyond revolting.

You people make me sick.

Right.. because when you Dems were running around with your panties in a bunch, trashing a 17 year old all weekend,that was apparently perfectly fine. Yep you guys are revolting alright.

Right---the Dems would have been real happy with a neo-con !:cuckoo:

Right.. because when you Dems were running around with your panties in a bunch, trashing a 17 year old all weekend,that was apparently perfectly fine. Yep you guys are revolting alright.

cause the repubs never trash anyone, right?

i honestly cant understand how people dont see the crap their own party does

Forum List

Back