the pregnancy announcement was by design!

Rav i've been watching all I can. On the surface I really like Palin besides the evangelical thing, but I'm certain there's more to her that we aren't supposed to know. Just for the simple fact that REAL mavericks don't get showered with this much love from the establishment. It just doesn't happen. You don't get to the top, especially that fast, without selling your soul somewhere along the way.

The republicans are letting themselves get played by her the same way dems are getting played by Obama. Every election, voters lose their minds and forget the other 3.5 years when they couldn't say it enough that "all politicians are scum". When it comes time to vote, all bets are off and it becomes a sporting event.

She's not getting love from the establishment. She has challenged the establishment at every step of the way...and been lucky in her timing and brilliant in her strategy and therefore successful.

But the love is coming from the people....McCain doesn't have that. He recognizes it, though, and though I felt fairly certain of his judgment before, and his ability to surround himself with good people, now I KNOW it.

The establishment doesn't give a shit about Palin. But the people are behind her, and the establishment wants the people.

Not to mention her husband is in the oil business.

But she "took on the oil companies". :rolleyes:

Yeah. Right.

Come on, man. If he were an exec her claim with be total chutzpah, but he works out in the field, so I don't think it really makes a difference.

I'm not thrilled about the Creationism. But when there's a chance that a dyed in the wool Marxist like Barack Obama may be elected president, I don't have the luxury of voting on theology. Whatever baggage Palin (who's the VP nominee - a position that has no executive powers under the Constitution) brings to the table, it pales in comparison to what Obama and Plugs have planned for us. JMHO.

Come on, man. If he were an exec her claim with be total chutzpah, but he works out in the field, so I don't think it really makes a difference.

I'm not thrilled about the Creationism. But when there's a chance that a dyed in the wool Marxist like Barack Obama may be elected president, I don't have the luxury of voting on theology. Whatever baggage Palin (who's the VP nominee - a position that has no executive powers under the Constitution) brings to the table, it pales in comparison to what Obama and Plugs have planned for us. JMHO.

Maybe it doesn't, maybe it does. It certainly wouldn't hurt BP to have a representative in the executive branch, though. It would just be nice to finally see no energy connections to the exec branch this time around.

If I didn't think McCain was going to involve us in more foreign entanglements, and probably more war, more debt, and more inflation, I'd vote for him. But ideologically, Barr fits the closest to my personal positions on the issues.

I just can't in good conscience vote for someone I don't like, just to keep someone else out. Conservatives would be MUCH better served with Barr, but sadly they'll never realize it.

And the VP having no powers in the exec branch under the constitution kind of goes out the window after 8 years of Cheney running the show. I don't have any illusions, it's been fairly obvious that Cheney has been the decider whether it was "official" or not.

Exactly why I tell my son to never trust a woman when it comes to birth control. hell that goes for any man; even married men. If you do not want to have a child, do not trust any woman to respect your wishes.

so what you're saying is it's ONLY the mans' wishes that matter?! cuz what if a woman doesn't want to have a baby? do you respect her wishes too?

and it sounds so sweet how you're raising your son to believe that all women are manipulative whores looking to trap him with a kid. Bet that's a road map to a healthy relationship in the future.

Maybe it doesn't, maybe it does. It certainly wouldn't hurt BP to have a representative in the executive branch, though. It would just be nice to finally see no energy connections to the exec branch this time around.

If I didn't think McCain was going to involve us in more foreign entanglements, and probably more war, more debt, and more inflation, I'd vote for him. But ideologically, Barr fits the closest to my personal positions on the issues.

I just can't in good conscience vote for someone I don't like, just to keep someone else out. Conservatives would be MUCH better served with Barr, but sadly they'll never realize it.

For the record, I'm not trying to pull the "A vote for Barr is a vote for Obama" line.

You're free to vote for whomever you choose, that's your right as an American.

In fact I was very seriously considering Barr until McCain nominated Palin.

so what you're saying is it's ONLY the mans' wishes that matter?! cuz what if a woman doesn't want to have a baby? do you respect her wishes too?

and it sounds so sweet how you're raising your son to believe that all women are manipulative whores looking to trap him with a kid. Bet that's a road map to a healthy relationship in the future.
I was thinking the same thing.

For the record, I'm not trying to pull the "A vote for Barr is a vote for Obama" line.

You're free to vote for whomever you choose, that's your right as an American.

In fact I was very seriously considering Barr until McCain nominated Palin.

I considered McCain for a brief amount of time after Palin was chosen, but the way I see it, it doesn't really matter because she's not the pres. I don't trust McCain as far as I can throw him, and if Palin truely is as real as she appears, she'll never actually get to be involved in making a real difference because McCain will do what he wants. The dude's been in Washington way too fucking long, you can't tell me he isn't owned.

And I'd rather not have a guy who reaches across the aisle to agree on LIBERAL legislation, rather than something more conservative. This country is far enough to the left as it is. Somehow I don't see the liberals compromising on the fiscally conservative issues, which are the most important as far as I'm concerned. They'll want him to scale back defense spending, and he will never budge on that. He'll want them to scale back social spending, and they'll never budge on that.

Fuck a bunch of immigration and campaign finance compromises. They can go to the bottom of the pile as far as i'm concerned. There's much bigger fish to be fried these days.

I considered McCain for a brief amount of time after Palin was chosen, but the way I see it, it doesn't really matter because she's not the pres. I don't trust McCain as far as I can throw him, and if Palin truely is as real as she appears, she'll never actually get to be involved in making a real difference because McCain will do what he wants. The dude's been in Washington way too fucking long, you can't tell me he isn't owned.

And I'd rather not have a guy who reaches across the aisle to agree on LIBERAL legislation, rather than something more conservative. This country is far enough to the left as it is. Somehow I don't see the liberals compromising on the fiscally conservative issues, which are the most important as far as I'm concerned. They'll want him to scale back defense spending, and he will never budge on that. He'll want them to scale back social spending, and they'll never budge on that.

Fuck a bunch of immigration and campaign finance compromises. They can go to the bottom of the pile as far as i'm concerned. There's much bigger fish to be fried these days.
*sob* as one of the few rational people on this forum who's opposing opinions I think have merit, you really should explore the true definition of liberal.

Liberals and conservatives are almost hysterically similar on many things. Republicans and Democrats are not.

no-- He is saying that men have to be just as careful if not more careful than women if they are having recreational sex. They cannot decide to NOT be a father once the pregnancy occurs.

no-- He is saying that men have to be just as careful if not more careful than women if they are having recreational sex. They cannot decide to NOT be a father once the pregnancy occurs.

:eusa_boohoo:

If that bugs you, then change the law. I'm not going to fight it.

Or did you mean once the birth occurs? Because if you do, you lie.

New Topics

Forum List

Back