The Post-Election Fallout Is Going to Be Brutal for the Party That Loses the White House Race

Once upon a time I was, then the paradigm shifted to the far crazy right. That I am not, you are right, a silly far right conservative.

When our GOP loses this election, the far right contards (the Cruzes) and the hard right cons (the Kasichs) are going to say I told you so.

The crazy rights that just wanted to punish the regular GOP and mainstream leaders are going to pay a very heavy price, just like they did back after the 1964 election when they were sent to the wilderness.

I disagree. Trump supporters aren't going anywhere. The GOP has cultivated this sort of rabid wingnut and now the GOP can't win with them because they are repugnant and since the GOP harbored these idiots in the first place they are more than half of the GOP base.

You guys really fucked yourselves and it started with Reagan.

Congratulations for speaking up about it now...a little late.
Nope, they are not, but there are far too many of them. Yes, you are right about speaking up. The corporatism and neo-cons and social cons were warned about the racists and nativists attaching themselves to the GOP. In 2020, watch: there will be no more than four or five serious candidates in the mainstream. No one will allow the crazies to have this type of power again.

2020? What about now? My god, I've never seen so few profiles in courage than I have of so called moderate Republicans. Is the GOP going to nominate Paul Ryan? The biggest wuss of the House who can't even walk back a Trump endorsement? Every single one of them is falling in front of Trump. Cruz destroyed (thankfully) his future and no one other than .....Kasich? Is that who you are holding out for? Considering almost half of the GOP is solidly behind Trump, Kasich is dead in the water. That's all in the future though. If you really think the GOP can move above and beyond Trump (win or lose, they can't) and that is what is going to save the party then why are you throwing your vote away? News for you, voting for a perpetual losing candidate is not saving your party from Trump.
Aren't you the silly one? Trump is a blow by in history. Our GOP will recover just fine, as did yours from McGovern.

There is little resemblance between McGovern and Trump. I don't so the Democratic party looking back at McGovern with embarrassment. I don't see Democrats having to excuse McGovern's campaign or the votes that he did receive, he simply got his ass kicked.

Trump is different. At some point the Republican party has to forcefully make a turn away from Trump. That doesn't happen with non-endorsement endorsements. It doesn't happen by giving up and voting for a pseudo politician running under the banner of a pseudo political party and ideology. The GOP will only overcome Trump, Trumpism and far right wing morons by directly confronting them. Or, leave the party when you lose.
If you are saying that McGovern was not mentally crazed, OK. But your argument about Trump is specious. He will get his ass kicked. The GOP regulars and mainstream leaders will not put up with him at that. They won't have to.

I disagree. Trump supporters aren't going anywhere. The GOP has cultivated this sort of rabid wingnut and now the GOP can't win with them because they are repugnant and since the GOP harbored these idiots in the first place they are more than half of the GOP base.

Nope, they are not, but there are far too many of them. Yes, you are right about speaking up. The corporatism and neo-cons and social cons were warned about the racists and nativists attaching themselves to the GOP. In 2020, watch: there will be no more than four or five serious candidates in the mainstream. No one will allow the crazies to have this type of power again.

2020? What about now? My god, I've never seen so few profiles in courage than I have of so called moderate Republicans. Is the GOP going to nominate Paul Ryan? The biggest wuss of the House who can't even walk back a Trump endorsement? Every single one of them is falling in front of Trump. Cruz destroyed (thankfully) his future and no one other than .....Kasich? Is that who you are holding out for? Considering almost half of the GOP is solidly behind Trump, Kasich is dead in the water. That's all in the future though. If you really think the GOP can move above and beyond Trump (win or lose, they can't) and that is what is going to save the party then why are you throwing your vote away? News for you, voting for a perpetual losing candidate is not saving your party from Trump.
Aren't you the silly one? Trump is a blow by in history. Our GOP will recover just fine, as did yours from McGovern.

There is little resemblance between McGovern and Trump. I don't so the Democratic party looking back at McGovern with embarrassment. I don't see Democrats having to excuse McGovern's campaign or the votes that he did receive, he simply got his ass kicked.

Trump is different. At some point the Republican party has to forcefully make a turn away from Trump. That doesn't happen with non-endorsement endorsements. It doesn't happen by giving up and voting for a pseudo politician running under the banner of a pseudo political party and ideology. The GOP will only overcome Trump, Trumpism and far right wing morons by directly confronting them. Or, leave the party when you lose.
If you are saying that McGovern was not mentally crazed, OK. But your argument about Trump is specious. He will get his ass kicked. The GOP regulars and mainstream leaders will not put up with him at that. They won't have to.

But they'll still be left with their shrinking racist moron base .. and they have seriously damaged the damaged the party, the brand.

The next republican president hasn't been born yet.

Last edited:

If Trump gets his ass kicked (he'll lose at best by 4-5 points, probably less) and you rub it into the noses of wingnuts then I hope every Democrat on this board rubs your nose in the fact that you stood by and did nothing and let Democrats fix your problems for you.

But they'll still be left with their shrinking racist moron base .. and they have damaged the seriously damaged the party, the brand.

According to Jake the racist morons will somehow disappear overnight. They've been there the past 40 years but somehow they are going to disappear and apparently the GOP or Republicans in general don't have to raise a finger to make it happen. They will somehow automatically begin to attract more than white males.

But they'll still be left with their shrinking racist moron base .. and they have damaged the seriously damaged the party, the brand.

According to Jake the racist morons will somehow disappear overnight. They've been there the past 40 years but somehow they are going to disappear and apparently the GOP or Republicans in general don't have to raise a finger to make it happen. They will somehow automatically begin to attract more than white males.

:0) That's just silly. The GOP doesn't know what to do with the vermin they invited in.

Even if all the racists disappear, how much base will they have left?

:0) That's just silly. The GOP doesn't know what to do with the vermin they invited in.

They'll have Jake?

They'll have Jake?

:lol::lol::lol: .. and not much else.

Show where I said that, or admit you are lying, little one.

Explain how you are getting your party back.

:popcorn: Good question

No excuse will be acceptable if the GOP loses the WH: none. We had conservatives, real conservatives, that would have wiped out Clinton. Now we got Comrade Trump, who is likely to lose by historic proportions. And he should if he can't clean up his act. There is no plot to rig the elections, unless the only plot is to report the new inanity Comrade Donald seemingly performs each day.

The Post-Election Fallout Is Going to Be Brutal for the Losing Party in November

In the case of Trump, the nominee’s obnoxious personal attributes will be compounded if he loses by the ideological motives various Republicans have for burying his candidacy and salting the earth around it. “Real conservatives” will have another “I told you so” example of how a departure from the One True Path leads down the primrose path to defeat. Establishment Republicans will try to get the GOP to return to the prescriptions they offered in the post-2012 autopsy report, with its downplaying of cultural issues and its emphasis on friendliness toward Latinos. And the Reformicons, who actually think Trump was striking an essential chord on both immigration and middle-class economics, will be especially exercised in fighting to protect those goals while putting the blame on Trump personally. If Republicans not only lose the White House again but suffer serious down-ballot losses, the battle will be extra loud andfrantic.

A Hillary Clinton loss would affect Democrats a bit differently, insofar as she was the candidate of the Democratic Establishment from the get-go. But Democrats who look at the demographics of Bernie Sanders’s primary voters and see the future, and also credit those polls showing Bernie doing better than Hillary against Trump, will have an ostensibly open-and-shut case that the Donkey Party needs to bury the entire Clinton era of baby-boomer centrism and move left. All that’s missing for this argument is an obvious post-Bernie leader of the progressive Democratic cause (Elizabeth Warren will be 71 in 2020). Meanwhile, centrist Democrats may well argue that a more left-leaning candidate would have done worse than Clinton; they, too, will have a post-Clinton, post-Obama leadership crisis unlessFLOTUS picks up the banner. And if Clinton loses and her party doesn’t make down-ballot gains, there may be legitimate fears of long-term minority status for Democrats (though a Trump presidency could be just what the doctor ordered).

The Republican party is no longer the party of Lincoln or Reagan, it's been hijacked by the Reich wing. It isn't even recognizable anymore. It is now the TRUMP Party. Myself being a life long Republican am pissed off about this, because I had to change my party status to Independent because of Trump, and because of the Reich wing continual march on already settled U.S. Supreme court issues as their main focus, not the economy, deficits, jobs, etc. IOW--They've gone bat shit crazy. The Republican party no longer represents me. Their 2016 platform is more extreme an divisive than ever.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/opinion/the-most-extreme-republican-platform-in-memory.html?_r=0

So I am following the advise of a long time friend and staffer of Ronald Reagan, and will be voting for Hillary Clinton.

We Republicans 54% of the party that didn't do this, should not feel any loyalty toward the new Trump Party. Maybe after this election we can rebuild the party--as to the way it was (without these Reich wing nut cases in it.)--if not I'll stay Independent.

They wanted Trump now they OWN Trump.
You Wanted Trump, You’ve Got Him | The American Spectator

And according to the above article--for all you that did support Trump for the nomination--this is a preview of what you get to look forward to on election night. Frankly, you should be wearing bags over your heads. You were warned time and time again, you knew it all, and you did it anyway.

1964PresElect.jpg

No excuse will be acceptable if the GOP loses the WH: none. We had conservatives, real conservatives, that would have wiped out Clinton. Now we got Comrade Trump, who is likely to lose by historic proportions. And he should if he can't clean up his act. There is no plot to rig the elections, unless the only plot is to report the new inanity Comrade Donald seemingly performs each day.

The Post-Election Fallout Is Going to Be Brutal for the Losing Party in November

In the case of Trump, the nominee’s obnoxious personal attributes will be compounded if he loses by the ideological motives various Republicans have for burying his candidacy and salting the earth around it. “Real conservatives” will have another “I told you so” example of how a departure from the One True Path leads down the primrose path to defeat. Establishment Republicans will try to get the GOP to return to the prescriptions they offered in the post-2012 autopsy report, with its downplaying of cultural issues and its emphasis on friendliness toward Latinos. And the Reformicons, who actually think Trump was striking an essential chord on both immigration and middle-class economics, will be especially exercised in fighting to protect those goals while putting the blame on Trump personally. If Republicans not only lose the White House again but suffer serious down-ballot losses, the battle will be extra loud andfrantic.

A Hillary Clinton loss would affect Democrats a bit differently, insofar as she was the candidate of the Democratic Establishment from the get-go. But Democrats who look at the demographics of Bernie Sanders’s primary voters and see the future, and also credit those polls showing Bernie doing better than Hillary against Trump, will have an ostensibly open-and-shut case that the Donkey Party needs to bury the entire Clinton era of baby-boomer centrism and move left. All that’s missing for this argument is an obvious post-Bernie leader of the progressive Democratic cause (Elizabeth Warren will be 71 in 2020). Meanwhile, centrist Democrats may well argue that a more left-leaning candidate would have done worse than Clinton; they, too, will have a post-Clinton, post-Obama leadership crisis unlessFLOTUS picks up the banner. And if Clinton loses and her party doesn’t make down-ballot gains, there may be legitimate fears of long-term minority status for Democrats (though a Trump presidency could be just what the doctor ordered).

The Republican party is no longer the party of Lincoln or Reagan, it's been hijacked by the Reich wing. It isn't even recognizable anymore. It is now the TRUMP Party. Myself being a life long Republican am pissed off about this, because I had to change my party status to Independent because of Trump, and because of the Reich wing continual march on already settled U.S. Supreme court issues as their main focus, not the economy, deficits, jobs, etc. IOW--They've gone bat shit crazy. The Republican party no longer represents me. Their 2016 platform is more extreme an divisive than ever.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/opinion/the-most-extreme-republican-platform-in-memory.html?_r=0

So I am following the advise of a long time friend and staffer of Ronald Reagan, and will be voting for Hillary Clinton.

We Republicans 54% of the party that didn't do this, should not feel any loyalty toward the new Trump Party. Maybe after this election we can rebuild the party--as to the way it was (without these Reich wing nut cases in it.)--if not I'll stay Independent.

They wanted Trump now they OWN Trump.
You Wanted Trump, You’ve Got Him | The American Spectator

And according to the above article--for all you that did support Trump for the nomination--this is a preview of what you get to look forward to on election night. Frankly, you should be wearing bags over your heads. You were warned time and time again, and you ignored it all.

1964PresElect.jpg

I believe the only way for the GOP to get rid of it's dark side is to first ensure Trump does not win. Then crack open that autopsy report again and actually do something.

This country desperate needs a modern conservative party not hung up on social issues that have already been decided. We need competing ideas on how to lead this country, not one side hampered by the others inability to do anything. A debate of ideas and grand compromises. Something both sides have been hesitant to do though most obviously from Republicans.

First thing first, beat Trump then cast a wider net to attract more than just white males. It may be too late and the only save for the GOP on a national level will be if the Democrats get too big and begin to crack. Shit, did you see the DNC convention? There is no way that broad of a coalition will last.

First, show where I said "the racist morons will somehow disappear overnight." Admit you lied, and we can go from there.

You see, HJ, I don't put up with shit from the Dem left anymore than I do the GOP far right.

HJ has some 'splainin' to do first. :popcorn:

First, show where I said "the racist morons will somehow disappear overnight." Admit you lied, and we can go from there.

You see, HJ, I don't put up with shit from the Dem left anymore than I do the GOP far right.

You left it open. You seem to think magically that the racist mainstay of the Republican party is going to go away ala crazy McGovern supporters (paraphrasing). Sounds like wishful thinking.

Should I be concerned what you think about Democrats? It's not like you are of a large constituency or anything. Can't even keep a hold of your own party. You're depending on Democrats to kick Trump in the nuts for you.

I'm not Happy Joy .. although I agree with her.

Tell me how the republicans can quickly reverse course.

Trump has exposed the RW racist lock on the Republican Party. How do they get rid of that?

Trump losing actually is in the best interests of conservatives.

The post-Trump GOP can't get here soon enough. A party that is for a smaller federal government, more individual liberty, less spending, and the importance of the nuclear family and values.

Trump represents non of these.

Trump winning would kill the conservative movement for a decade.
Worse than three additional leftists on the Supreme Court for life? You sure about that?

Trump has exposed the RW racist lock on the Republican Party. How do they get rid of that?

Can't a guy be happy?

Can't a guy be happy?

:0) My bad .. sorry.

Can't a guy be happy?

:0) My bad .. sorry.

No worries.

Forum List

Back