The Politics of The Media Use of Code Words

"Irregardless" is not a word. The word is "regardless". Regardless of that, you can thank stupid racists and the big government/corporate media for creating "the knockout game". Someone saw a video without sound or context of someone hitting someone else on the street, then some racist wrote a blog about it being part of a racist black conspiracy to hurt poor sweet innocent little white people, then the national news reported on the blog as if it were real news, and then the "knockout game" became real because stupid people heard about it on the news and thought, "Hey, I'll do that." But the rate of violent crime in urban areas is a result of poverty, not race.
Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Criminal Victimization, 2012

You ignorant jackass...Irregardless is a word and I will tell you all about it.

Not only is "irregardless" a word, but it's probably the best word of all time. Here's why.

In a post I wrote a couple of weeks ago
BoopieJones (awesome screen name notwithstanding) challenged the very existence of the word. Another reader, JustDenny, was noticeably shaken by the use of the word, e-shouting "oh no!!!" before noting that the word is a double-negative.

In response, I would like to say that "irregardless" is a word. It is, at least according to Merriam-Webster and Scrabble.

But I'm not going to stop there. No. I would also like to contend that "irregardless" is the baddest-ass word of all time. This is for several reasons, which I will now explain.

1.It's the only word where attaching the "ir-" prefix to the root word has the exact same meaning as the root word: Throwing an "ir-" in front of normal, less bad-ass words that begin with "R" changes the meaning to the opposite of the word. Irrefutable. Irreverent. Irrelevant. Irresponsible. Not "irregardless." It doesn't care what the rules of grammar are. It means exactly the same thing as "regardless," and that's the way it likes it.

2.Against all odds, against all logic, and (ir)regardless of everyone hating it, it has achieved official word status: How can you not pull for the underdog in this case? "Irregardless" went up against the rules of grammar, stick-by-the-book lexicographers, and the fact that it's a completely redundant word. Didn't matter. Whatever didn't kill it made it stronger. It's the hardest-working word in the dictionary, and it should have earned your respect by now.

3.Even though it's a word, Merriam-Webster says you shouldn't use it: Can you name another word in the dictionary that the dictionary says you shouldn't use? Even really bad swear words don't have a dictionary-imposed boycott. That just makes me want to use it more.

4.It simultaneously makes sense and doesn't make sense: You can think of the word in one of two ways: (1) it should mean the opposite of "regardless," or something along the lines of "keeping the facts in regard," or (2) it could mean "regardless of the fact that something is regardless." The latter of the two is like double-super regardless, and it's the meaning I prefer. "Irregardless" really, really doesn't care what the facts are or what you think. It should only be used in extreme circumstances, such as when a course of action is ridiculously counterintuitive. "Irregardless of the fact that you are very thirsty, you should eat this pile of salt." Stuff like that.

5.It practices what it preaches: Irregardless of the rules of grammar, "irregardless" is a word. It's self-reflexive. It's the exception that proves the rule. It talks the talk and walks the walk. Is there another word like that? No, because "irregardless" is bad-ass. It is a text-based Chuck Norris, roundhouse-kicking everything else in the dictionary into submission.

6.If you think about it long enough, it will blow your mind: It's the Mobius Strip of words, but it's also packed with Eminem's aggressively apathetic attitude. It's completely unique, completely confusing, and it couldn't give a rat's ass about any of that. It just is what it is. If you don't like it, don't use it.

So that's my argument. I think "irregardless" should be embraced and celebrated. And damn it, I'm going to use it every chance I get.

BTW....Poverty does not cause crime................Crime causes poverty. It has been documented....do your homework before you come on here and reveal your lack of knowledge.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/11/surprise-media-finally-wake-up-to-knockout-game/

Last edited:
People buy this nonsense, so the media sells it to them.

Actually, one thing Fox News has shown by vaulting to #1 and staying strongly there is that the liberal media isn't constantly biased left because it sells. They are constantly biased left in spite of the fact that it doesn't.

It's not just that people want to hear conservative views either, what particularly appeals to people about Fox is that unlike the leftwing media, you hear multiple points of view. The media's lie they just do what they do for ratings has been dead and buried by empirical data a long time now.

There's different types of media.

There's the "here you are" media, which gives you what you want to know without thinking. There's the more "here some stuff to think about" media, which might present things in the way they want it.

Very few media outlets are unbiased. A real intelligent person will look at different media reports on the same issue. How many do that?

you're not good enough for me to feel you're important enough to read your whole posts, unless they're short which thankfully they usually are. but one glance and i see the same idiotic moral equivalency the other left-wing nutjobs use. "if Iraq had invaded the US..."?
is that the best you can do leftard?

i can debate or insult it's true. when you say something worthy of debate i will

Question is, will you actually look at the reality of the situation, instead of looking for what you want to see?

And another insult. Well done, your family must be so proud of all your morals. Oh, wait, you can hide behind the internet. :eusa_clap:

Anytime a black person punches someone, it is part of a highly-coordinated, insidious, imminent race war and the police are protecting the perpetrators because Obama told them to. That makes perfect sense if you don't think about it.

WorldNetDaily is not real news.

Anytime a black person punches someone, it is part of a highly-coordinated, insidious, imminent race war and the police are protecting the perpetrators because Obama told them to. That makes perfect sense if you don't think about it.

Shallow thinking much? Me thinks so.

Let me break out my color crayon(no pun intended) what protects the Negro Thugs is a all prevalent ideology called political correctness...much has been said about it, much more needs to be said...and I will do so at an ever increasing pace....count on it chump.

In regards to WND News....>>>>>>http://www.wnd.com/wnd-scoops-you-read-it-here-first/

Now Now Brown Cow....how does Chris Matthews and msnbc stack up against that record.

Next???? Come on KGB this is fun and I know you can do better. heh heh

The sop of the Media using the word 'teens' in reference to a certain group when they commit mayhem of one sort or another...from riots, to brutual violent assaults--etc. and so on and so forth continues unabated.

The question is why does the media fell the necessity to use a 'code word' to describe criminal suspects...particuarly when in many cases a search is on for the perps?

This of course is much more than just a issue of public safety....but public safety should be of paramount importance ....not only to the media but to government officials who are sworn to protect the public.

Yet these elected officials and the media subjugate the public's safety to an overiding concern of being politically correct.

VIDEO: 4 Suspects Sought In Brick Attack In North Philadelphia « CBS Philly
I lived in this neighborhood for 13 years, similar things happened to me there. I believe the only way to liberate humanity from this disease is to have a true leader AKA to the establishment as a DICTATOR. it is very obvious to me that our justice system was not able to do ANYTHING about this filth.

The sop of the Media using the word 'teens' in reference to a certain group when they commit mayhem of one sort or another...from riots, to brutual violent assaults--etc. and so on and so forth continues unabated.

The question is why does the media fell the necessity to use a 'code word' to describe criminal suspects...particuarly when in many cases a search is on for the perps?

This of course is much more than just a issue of public safety....but public safety should be of paramount importance ....not only to the media but to government officials who are sworn to protect the public.

Yet these elected officials and the media subjugate the public's safety to an overiding concern of being politically correct.

VIDEO: 4 Suspects Sought In Brick Attack In North Philadelphia « CBS Philly
I lived in this neighborhood for 13 years, similar things happened to me there. I believe the only way to liberate humanity from this disease is to have a true leader AKA to the establishment as a DICTATOR. it is very obvious to me that our justice system was not able to do ANYTHING about this filth.

One problem with a lot of liberals who are so politically correct and help coddle and protect Black Thugs is that most of them have never lived around or worked with the common blacks...by that I mean the majority of the blacks.

Thus they know very little about them....then they go to some liberal school which pounds into their heads that blacks are the victims aka held down by white racism and most of all these poor innocent Negroes great, great grandaddies were slaves ...me o my o..heavens to betsy...lets help these innocent children of the jungle...give them a check, give them some food stamps, give them a education, give them affirmative action, give them welfare etc.etc. and so on and so forth...thus they can breed like rabbits in order to get more free stuff...these big black mamas have so many kids with no father present in the home to help her...no way she can control them or discipline them....they roam the streets like a bunch of alley cats all ganged up. and ready for a wilding....on the prowl for a helpless victim....often elderly, often handicapped, often mentally challenged, often minors and girls and women....in short someone who cannot defend themselves.....and then they say stuff like...we did dat for trayvon.

Let me break out my color crayon(no pun intended) what protects the Negro Thugs is a all prevalent ideology called political correctness...much has been said about it, much more needs to be said...and I will do so at an ever increasing pace....count on it chump.

In regards to WND News....>>>>>>WND Scoops ? You read it here first!

Now Now Brown Cow....how does Chris Matthews and msnbc stack up against that record.
Right. Political correctness prevents police from investigating an intricate web of roving black mobs across the country that are attacking innocent lily white Christians. That's entirely plausible.

Also, your link about "breaking stories" from WorldNetDaily is a right-wing stroke-fest. Chris Matthews and MSNBC have more credibility than WorldNetDaily but that's not saying a lot. I can't explain to you why WND sucks. You believe their bullshit so I can't convince you that it's wrong. It's just wrong.
WorldNet Daily Continues to Pump Out Outrageous Propaganda | Southern Poverty Law Center

In regards to WND News....>>>>>>WND Scoops ? You read it here first!

Right. Political correctness prevents police from investigating an intricate web of roving black mobs across the country that are attacking innocent lily white Christians. That's entirely plausible.

Also, your link about "breaking stories" from WorldNetDaily is a right-wing stroke-fest. Chris Matthews and MSNBC have more credibility than WorldNetDaily but that's not saying a lot. I can't explain to you why WND sucks. You believe their bullshit so I can't convince you that it's wrong. It's just wrong.
WorldNet Daily Continues to Pump Out Outrageous Propaganda | Southern Poverty Law Center

Tell me one story WND lied about or was wrong about? Oh my bad...I forgot you said you could not explain why WND is so evil. heh heh

Irregardless you are one of the liberal dupes the type black thugs routinely victimize........if you want to prevent becoming a victim of black crime....I suggest you read this>>>>>VFR's Rules on How to Protect Yourself from Black Violence and White Political Correctness

Okay, I will explain to you why WND sucks. It's because it's racist online tabloid bullshit. There's no such thing as a 'knockout game', or at least there wasn't until assholes like you started blogging about it so much. It's just a stupid fucking idea. "Roving mobs of black people" being ignored by the national press. Right. A missing plane was a ratings boost, so you think "roving mobs of black people" is going to slip right past the corporate news editors?

Get over your shit. World Net Daily is crap. I don't need to cite anything to prove it. You've done enough for both of us.

Irregardless you are one of the liberal dupes the type black thugs routinely victimize........if you want to prevent becoming a victim of black crime....I suggest you read this>>>>>VFR's Rules on How to Protect Yourself from Black Violence and White Political Correctness

Last edited:
Okay, I will explain to you why WND sucks. It's because it's racist online tabloid bullshit. There's no such thing as a 'knockout game', or at least there wasn't until assholes like you started blogging about it so much. It's just a stupid fucking idea. "Roving mobs of black people" being ignored by the national press. Right. A missing plane was a ratings boost, so you think "roving mobs of black people" is going to slip right past the corporate news editors?

Get over your shit. World Net Daily is crap. I don't need to cite anything to prove it. You've done enough for both of us.

Sir: With all due respect you are entitled to your opinion but that is all you have.

Now this report came out way back in 1995.....newsflash it has gotten much,much worse......Aussie Journalist on American Race War

People buy this nonsense, so the media sells it to them.

Actually, one thing Fox News has shown by vaulting to #1 and staying strongly there is that the liberal media isn't constantly biased left because it sells. They are constantly biased left in spite of the fact that it doesn't.

It's not just that people want to hear conservative views either, what particularly appeals to people about Fox is that unlike the leftwing media, you hear multiple points of view. The media's lie they just do what they do for ratings has been dead and buried by empirical data a long time now.

There's different types of media.

There's the "here you are" media, which gives you what you want to know without thinking. There's the more "here some stuff to think about" media, which might present things in the way they want it.

Very few media outlets are unbiased. A real intelligent person will look at different media reports on the same issue. How many do that?

Fox solves the bias problem by putting liberals on all over the place to speak for themselves.

The leftwing media is very consistent. There isn't really a difference between ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox (local), CNN, MS-NBC, NY Times, LA Times, Washington Post, ...

Fox solves the bias problem by putting liberals on all over the place to speak for themselves.

The leftwing media is very consistent. There isn't really a difference between ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox (local), CNN, MS-NBC, NY Times, LA Times, Washington Post, ...

Well I don't watch any of them, I don't do TV, it bores me. However, I don't trust the left or the right media in the US, or in most other countries.

This is True, look at the Trayvon Martin case . Media blasted the story that an innocent little black kid went buy skittles and a drink and got gunned down by a viscous racist.

When in fact a young punk initiated a confrontation that ended in his death at the hands of an idiot.

trayvon_media-460x307.jpg

You were right on target until you claimed the Honorable George Zimmerman was a idiot.....which even if true has nothing to do with that case...but irregardless what makes you think he is a idiot?

Only an idiot wouldn't know that he had a duty to die if a black thug wanted to kill him. A sensible person would have just laid there, taking the beating, and the authorities would have sent appropriate condolences to the family.

The fact of the matter is that Zimmerman was a well meaning Idiot, he was told by 911 dispatcher not to get out of his car , just observe and await the arrival of PD. He chose to get out of the car anyway so he screwed up in that respect. He defended himself when acosted and "stood his ground" - the Courts backed him up on that. Sometimes, rarely nowadays, but sometimes Justice does prevail.

You were right on target until you claimed the Honorable George Zimmerman was a idiot.....which even if true has nothing to do with that case...but irregardless what makes you think he is a idiot?

Only an idiot wouldn't know that he had a duty to die if a black thug wanted to kill him. A sensible person would have just laid there, taking the beating, and the authorities would have sent appropriate condolences to the family.

The fact of the matter is that Zimmerman was a well meaning Idiot, he was told by 911 dispatcher not to get out of his car , just observe and await the arrival of PD. He chose to get out of the car anyway so he screwed up in that respect. He defended himself when acosted and "stood his ground" - the Courts backed him up on that. Sometimes, rarely nowadays, but sometimes Justice does prevail.

This poster kinda makes me laugh.....another demonstration of how many have failed to learn the facts of the case and particuarly the oft claimed lie that Zimmerman was told by the 911 dispatcher not to get out of his car....when in fact she only suggested that...aka...in her exact woids---(note z was already out of his car when the dispatcher made the suggestion)first... she axed Z if he was following the suspect--Z had gotten out of his car in order to be able to answer the dispatchers previous question of "which direction was the suspect headed" irregarless.....Z replied yes....then the dispatcher replied "we do not need you to do that" and Z replied ok.

Now this has been gone over ad-infinitum some still cannot wrap their heads around it...why....because usually it interferes with that movie running in their head and they will let no truth or facts interefere wid dat. Others perhaps like the above poster have heard the liberals make that mistaken claim that george was ordered not to get out of his car so many times they think it is true......geeeze

And then to compound his error....he makes the erroneous claim about 'standing your ground' which played no role in the Z case whatsoever....the Z case was one of 'simple self defense'....anyone who does not understand the law on self defense really needs to find out about it.....for several reasons....but in todays America....anytime you walk down a stree or in a public place the odds of you having to engage in self defense is increasing expotentially.

Forum List

Back