The Politics of Outsourcing

As many times as I've stated that outsourcing is good for the economy, bringing in more jobs than it loses, people on both sides just don't believe it. Here's Wm Cohen on the topic:
William Cohen: Obama and the Politics of Outsourcing - WSJ.com

The point he makes is that outsourcing creates jobs in the U.S. Labor is not a zero sum game, as many demogogues would like to make out.

The problem is that the other side has people like rdean, and his pathological ability to ignore facts.

As many times as I've stated that outsourcing is good for the economy, bringing in more jobs than it loses, people on both sides just don't believe it. Here's Wm Cohen on the topic:

The point he makes is that outsourcing creates jobs in the U.S. Labor is not a zero sum game, as many demogogues would like to make out.

The problem is that the other side has people like rdean, and his pathological ability to ignore facts.

I know. As often as it gets repeated you cannot get some people to believe that we have more jobs as a result of outsourcing not fewer.

I know. As often as it gets repeated you cannot get some people to believe that we have more jobs as a result of outsourcing not fewer.

That is simply fucking MORONIC. Tell me when you move a large factory overseas and lose all the factory jobs, engineer & manager jobs, accountant jobs, then factor in the ancillary jobs such as sales reps plus all the widgits needed to keep it running, it has a tremendous multiplier effect.

OTOH you have Walmart selling cheap Chinese shit with poor quality, toxic toothpaste, deadly dog food, Pfizer's latest shit drug, remember the deadly heparin? I could go on, but the argument is just too moronic to continue.

Last edited:

That is simply fucking MORONIC. Tell me when you move a large factory overseas and lose all the factory jobs, engineer & manager jobs, accountant jobs, then factor in the ancillary jobs such as sales reps plus all the widgits needed to keep it running, it has a tremendous multiplier effect.

OTOH you have Walmart selling cheap Chinese shit with poor quality, toxic toothpaste, deadly dog food, Pfizer's latest shit drug, remember the deadly heparin? In could go on, but the argument is just too moronic to continue.

Only if you're a moron.
Which you are.
What evidence what persuade you that you are wrong?

The hand wringers also conveniently ignore the insourcing of jobs, from the likes of BMW & Honda.

How could anyone ignore that? It has been the main source of job growth for a couple of decades.
The selling of America.

So you complain when American companies send jobs overseas. You complain when foreign companies create jobs here.
Is there anything you don't complain about??

The high tax rate in this country incourages outsourcing and discourages insourcing. That's what people need to understand on this issue.

It's a double edged sword and the only solution is to lower the tax rate so that we can compete with other countries and make it worth their while to set up shop here.

That is simply fucking MORONIC. Tell me when you move a large factory overseas and lose all the factory jobs, engineer & manager jobs, accountant jobs, then factor in the ancillary jobs such as sales reps plus all the widgets needed to keep it running, it has a tremendous multiplier effect.

OTOH you have Walmart selling cheap Chinese shit with poor quality, toxic toothpaste, deadly dog food, Pfizer's latest shit drug, remember the deadly heparin? In could go on, but the argument is just too moronic to continue.

Only if you're a moron. Which you are. What evidence what persuade you that you are wrong?

I showed you about the "multiplier effect" of a factory in the US. Manufacturing used to be 28% of the US economy, now its 12% and shrinking. You simply can't explain how manufacturing goods overseas "creates wealth" in the US. Think about the trade deficit and who has a surplus now and buys US debt? The US used to have the wealth, now its the manufacturing countries.
You have zero arguments that make any sense. So stick to name-calling, I won't even though it would be very easy.

That is simply fucking MORONIC. Tell me when you move a large factory overseas and lose all the factory jobs, engineer & manager jobs, accountant jobs, then factor in the ancillary jobs such as sales reps plus all the widgets needed to keep it running, it has a tremendous multiplier effect.

Only if you're a moron. Which you are. What evidence what persuade you that you are wrong?

I showed you about the "multiplier effect" of a factory in the US. Manufacturing used to be 28% of the US economy, now its 12% and shrinking. You simply can't explain how manufacturing goods overseas "creates wealth" in the US. Think about the trade deficit and who has a surplus now and buys US debt? The US used to have the wealth, now its the manufacturing countries.
You have zero arguments that make any sense. So stick to name-calling, I won't even though it would be very easy.

What is the "multiplier effect" of a US factory? No such thing exists.
Agricultural used to be 90% of the U.S. economy. Now it is less than 10%. Guess what: we produce more agricultural goods now than ever. And we're richer.
So what about the trade surplus? We have run a trade deficit for almost all of our history, except post WW2. I don't see any ill effects so far. The U.S. is the wealthiest country in the world. Our economy dwarfs China's.
You make no argument. You point to disconnected 'facts" and then assume what you say is true. It isn't.
Similarly, if all US jobs are being sent overseas then how come our unemployment rate from 1992 on has been among the lowest on record? That was the very time outsourcing was increasing. Logic would dictate we would have permanently high unemployment, like France. We didnt.

Agricultural used to be 90% of the U.S. economy. Now it is less than 10%. Guess what: we produce more agricultural goods now than ever. And we're richer.
So what about the trade surplus? We have run a trade deficit for almost all of our history, except post WW2. I don't see any ill effects so far. The U.S. is the wealthiest country in the world. Our economy dwarfs China's.
You make no argument. You point to disconnected 'facts" and then assume what you say is true. It isn't.
Similarly, if all US jobs are being sent overseas then how come our unemployment rate from 1992 on has been among the lowest on record? That was the very time outsourcing was increasing. Logic would dictate we would have permanently high unemployment, like France. We didnt.

I disagree on that point because our huge national deficit says otherwise. If we were the richest country then we obviously wouldn't have a deficit of epic proportions.

I disagree on that point because our huge national deficit says otherwise. If we were the richest country then we obviously wouldn't have a deficit of epic proportions.
That our gubmint has spent its way into oblivion has little to do with the wealth of America in general....In fact, it's quite arguable that we're wealthy despite those fools.

ZOMG!!!....Now outsourcing American jobs overseas is a GOOD thing.

The RepubliCON$ have officially gone PLUMB LOCO.

Toast I say....TOAST!!!

ROTFLMBAO!!!!!!

49izadw.gif

That our gubmint has spent its way into oblivion has little to do with the wealth of America in general....In fact, it's quite arguable that we're wealthy despite those fools.

True, but eventually the government being so wreckless is going to hurt us quite a bit as a nation. If only somebody would reel in the spending and start actually trying to balance the budget...

The hand wringers also conveniently ignore the insourcing of jobs, from the likes of BMW & Honda.

How could anyone ignore that? It has been the main source of job growth for a couple of decades.
The selling of America.

So you complain when American companies send jobs overseas. You complain when foreign companies create jobs here.
Is there anything you don't complain about??

It is all about the selling of America.

And besides the guy that wrote the OP article is a Republican. Why should anyone believe him? Especially about economics and jobs.

Did he fortell the crash and looooong sloooow recovery?
Or was he one of those aww just a little adjustment, back on track in 6 months?

The only people to benefit from the outsourcing US jobs are the very wealthy. As for the insourcing, some of the foreign companies are great to work for. They treat you better than the US companies. And you know damned well that they are not going to outsource your job, or they would not be here now.

So, why don't we just export the shitheads that are currently making money on outsourcing the jobs to the nations that they are outsourcing the jobs to. And see if we can get some of the people that are creating the jobs and factories here to settle in this nation. We really need people that recognize the qualities of the American Worker, rather than just trying to get them to work for Chinese wages.

We're "richer"????

Now THAT was fucking funny.

Delusional.

Yea, soybeans are better than cars and computers every single time. And the next time someone attacks us, we'll pop some corn in their direction.

Forum List

Back