The Politics of Distraction in an Age of Gotcha Capitalism

You're obsessing over my wording when all I did was let you know Tim Curry isn't dead. It's called quibbling.

Holy cow, the thread has nothing to do with the thread - talk about distraction.

au contraire!

All Ralphie boy has to offer these days is precisely that...distraction. So in a way, this thread is an homage to the old, ineffectual has been.

au contraire!

All Ralphie boy has to offer these days is precisely that...distraction. So in a way, this thread is an homage to the old, ineffectual has been.

Ralph_Wiggum.gif

It's a sad state of affairs when the majority of Americans understand that something is wrong and yet by and large we heel to our task masters. At this point actually believing that the Democrats will really change anything is like cattle somehow believing that their rancher won't eventually lead them to slaughter. Mr.Obama has voted for the Repubilican sponsered Class Action Reform act and their Energy Policy act, he has more corporate donors than McCain and is in favor with Exaleon the Nuclear power company.

It's a sad state of affairs when the majority of Americans understand that something is wrong and yet by and large we heel to our task masters. At this point actually believing that the Democrats will really change anything is like cattle somehow believing that their rancher won't eventually lead them to slaughter. Mr.Obama has voted for the Repubilican sponsered Class Action Reform act and their Energy Policy act, he has more corporate donors than McCain and is in favor with Exaleon the Nuclear power company.

There will always be task masters. That is as much a constant as death and taxes. So I ask you the same question I asked eots (which he cleverly ignored): Since I have a roof over my head, food in my belly and clothes on my back, and I enjoy a fair measure of freedom and liberty in my personal life, why should I not heel to the existing crop of task masters? Can you give me one reason why I should take action to jeopardize the status quo that for me, isn't so bad?

There will always be task masters. That is as much a constant as death and taxes. So I ask you the same question I asked eots (which he cleverly ignored): Since I have a roof over my head, food in my belly and clothes on my back, and I enjoy a fair measure of freedom and liberty in my personal life, why should I not heel to the existing crop of task masters? Can you give me one reason why I should take action to jeopardize the status quo that for me, isn't so bad?

Well I am not pleading to you or anyone else persay but plenty would benefit from a shift away from the two major parties are their corporate allies especially the 35.9 million that live below the poverty line. Also, I would argue that people who have family members who die from air pollution, lack of medical care and work related accidents would benefit as well. Remember 36% of Americans who are of legal age to vote do not I this is just conjecture but if a sizeable amount of these people did vote they could change the face of any election.

The people who die from lack of medical care only die from lack of medical care because they choose to.

Our hospitals treat patients regardless of their ability to pay.

Sorry that was weak, account for the 35.9 million people under the poverty line then. Oh wait they just don't want to work and are too lazy right?:rolleyes:

I lived below the poverty line for some time, and never lacked for medical care. I work as a case worker, and my clients all have medical care.

Care to post a link to the proof that huge numbers of people in the US are dying due to lack of medical care, for any reason other than choice?

I lived below the poverty line for some time, and never lacked for medical care. I work as a case worker, and my clients all have medical care.

Care to post a link to the proof that huge numbers of people in the US are dying due to lack of medical care, for any reason other than choice?

Me too, one way or the other I've always managed to be 'insured.'. For 3 years, the max, I paid for COBRA from my should have been ex, but the system never could get that right. (Part of the time, was 'at home mom', part of the time I was earning my 3rd bachelor's so I could teach.) It was instrumental in arguments to grant the divorce, as the COBRA had run out. Funny thing that.

Then for 2 years I worked as 'meat packer' at grocery. 28 hours a week, while working part time in teaching and insurance. Big $ insurance, experience in teaching and insurance in 'meat packing.' Oh yeah, 3 kids at the time, 13-16. Wild years. I'm glad I'm past those 80-90 hour weeks, but still miss the money. :rofl: Well sort of funny. I'd really like the $$.

Forum List

Back