The Politics forum

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

It sure would be nice if a vast majority of threads here didn't deteriorate into personal insults, name-calling, vulgarity and any of the myriad ways of saying "you're stupid".

It's definitely nice to have the Clean Debate Zone for a respite, but unfortunately it's not very active and doesn't cover as many issues as this area. So many threads start off with interesting premises, but just end up in the mud within a few posts.

As far as I know, we're all adults here, yet there's a fairly identifiable group of people who show virtually no interest in mature, civil, honest, interesting, stimulating discourse. Maybe that's just not their thing, huh?

Meh. Not an earth-shattering problem. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Reminds me of these two.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttqgwlCsXZM]Jane, you ignorant ____! - YouTube[/ame]

It sure would be nice if a vast majority of threads here didn't deteriorate into personal insults, name-calling, vulgarity and any of the myriad ways of saying "you're stupid".

It's definitely nice to have the Clean Debate Zone for a respite, but unfortunately it's not very active and doesn't cover as many issues as this area. So many threads start off with interesting premises, but just end up in the mud within a few posts.

As far as I know, we're all adults here, yet there's a fairly identifiable group of people who show virtually no interest in mature, civil, honest, interesting, stimulating discourse. Maybe that's just not their thing, huh?

Get people to stop lying and I'll stop calling them liars.

Promise.

If you catch me lying, I'll leave the Board. Permanently.

That does NOT include me making a mistake. I do that every day. Most normal people do.

Mistakes are part of being human.

But I don't lie.

dimocraps do.

dimocraps lie. Every day, all day. From the time they wake up in the morning to the time they go to bed... dimocraps lie.

They think it's a game.

They they're being smart, campaigning for their causes, for their heroes, for their masters.

They think it's cute to tell a giant fucking lie and make Patriotic Conservatives jump through hoops for hours and hours to prove it's a lie and then....

They turn right around and tell another lie.

dimocraps lie. It's what they do.

And I hate a liar

Yes, that would be nice, however many people are here not to engage in intelligent discussion but to do battle with their enemy.

Last edited:
Typical internet forum...5% legitimate discussion, 95% rock throwing.
I use to love a forum called XXXXX
It still exists, but is a mere shadow of its previous size and quality.
It was waaaaay more heavily moderated than here, I was both a mod than an admin there.
Then politics reared it's ugly head by the mod staff, and it fell very quickly.
I believe there are at least 10-15 previous members now here - including two admins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Promise.

That does NOT include me making a mistake. I do that every day. Most normal people do.

But I don't lie.

dimocraps do.

dimocraps lie. Every day, all day. From the time they wake up in the morning to the time they go to bed... dimocraps lie.

They think it's a game.

They they're being smart, campaigning for their causes, for their heroes, for their masters.

They think it's cute to tell a giant fucking lie and make Patriotic Conservatives jump through hoops for hours and hours to prove it's a lie and then....

And I hate a liar
It takes two to have a battle. If you participate then you become part of the problem. People post in order to solicit replies. If you really want to strike back, just ignore the post.

"...the Clean Debate Zone for a respite, but unfortunately it's not very active and doesn't cover as many issues as this area..."

The Community has spoken clearly.

You object to their opinion.

Change it by starting interesting threads in the CDZ.

:)

Last edited:

Promise.

But I don't lie.

dimocraps do.

They think it's a game.

And I hate a liar

you might want to stop by lying like in the above post if you hate liars.

but thanks for proving where the problem is.

There are a few who seem to be here solely to hurl insult after insult. The pattern emerges fairly quickly so the best thing to do it not respond to them. I filtered about a hlf dozen of those types and the forum is much better to read. I think you can learn a lot and even question some of your own beliefs. Researching topics helps to find out if you're in doubt.

Politics and religion are the two most divisive subjects there are but there's not much point in arguing religion.

I get the feeling that a lot of the people in this forum come here ONLY for the chance to do that.

I do. Nothing wrong with that. You go to a gym to play basketball with others who also want to play.

You come here to discuss politics, harmlessly expend some emotional energies (a sort of paintball war) over almost any topic or point and help keep alive our tradition of Town Hall democracy on a Global scale, electronically.

You come here because you know some readers are trying to get a clearer picture of the way things are and the way they should be.

The Conservatives vision of America is more like the traditional Jeffersonian view.

The Progressives vision of America is more like the experimental ideas of Woodrow Wilson.

There are a few who seem to be here solely to hurl insult after insult. The pattern emerges fairly quickly so the best thing to do it not respond to them. I filtered about a hlf dozen of those types and the forum is much better to read. I think you can learn a lot and even question some of your own beliefs. Researching topics helps to find out if you're in doubt.

Politics and religion are the two most divisive subjects there are but there's not much point in arguing religion.
Political and Religious threads are good places to do battle if that's your interest, but if you want a meaningful discussion, I think it's best to avoid these threads. Political and Religious discussions on this board can be fun, but there's usually not much to be learned there.

I'm new to site. I've been in a political forum for years, and I agree, they all seem to sink into the depths of insults and vulgarity. Nothing gets discussed properly when that occurs. I have been searching diligently for a good, serious political debate forum. Last week I thought I found one, but after 30+ posts I realized they were all college football fans and most of the posts had a football sport reference. It got old fast.

My title was MOJO for years, but someone has that monicker on this site.

I'm a die hard conservative, Tea Party member, Christian, and proud American. I am not a fan of our president, (understatement) and I am very frustrated with the level of ignorance and apathy in this nation today. I'm a baby boomer so I've seen many administrations come and go. I never thought I'd see a president worse than Carter, but Obama makes Carter look like General Patton.

I'll keep it civil, and I'm opinionated on many subjects. I've worked in private industry and
for Federal and local government. I have a degree in Accounting and one for Political Science. I welcome all civil debate and respect opposing views.

I'm new to site. I've been in a political forum for years, and I agree, they all seem to sink into the depths of insults and vulgarity. Nothing gets discussed properly when that occurs. I have been searching diligently for a good, serious political debate forum. Last week I thought I found one, but after 30+ posts I realized they were all college football fans and most of the posts had a football sport reference. It got old fast.

My title was MOJO for years, but someone has that monicker on this site.

I'm a die hard conservative, Tea Party member, Christian, and proud American. I am not a fan of our president, (understatement) and I am very frustrated with the level of ignorance and apathy in this nation today. I'm a baby boomer so I've seen many administrations come and go. I never thought I'd see a president worse than Carter, but Obama makes Carter look like General Patton.

I'll keep it civil, and I'm opinionated on many subjects. I've worked in private industry and
for Federal and local government. I have a degree in Accounting and one for Political Science. I welcome all civil debate and respect opposing views.

If you can produce for me an avatar that is cool and kind of minimalist with the graphic, ""Mojo 2" or "Mojo II" I will gladly step aside for you to be Mojo.

I was always Mojo 2 but couldn't find an avatar which included the 2, Two, or II.

Understand, this is something I would only offer to someone like yourself.

We are cut from the same set of values.

Welcome, [MENTION=47874]Gopher[/MENTION] .

:)

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your kind offer, but that isn't necessary. I'm getting used to the new ID. I'm still trying to figure out this site and personalizing my account. They're all very different. I'm slow but trainable. Thanks again.

So many of the threads start off with invective, disinformation, flame baiting and plain old lies. One poster in particular comes to mind.

From what I have seen and experienced, the "rules" are more like malleable, kind-of-sort-of guidelines.

C'est la vie. Not my board.

I agree.

They are a fairly identifiable group and I can't tell if they are just slow or if this is done to make sure that no discussion outside of their parameters occurs.

I agree.

They are a fairly identifiable group and I can't tell if they are just slow or if this is done to make sure that no discussion outside of their parameters occurs.

[MENTION=32913]Disir[/MENTION], They're intelligent, but at the same time they (and people like them) are existing in such a ideological vacuum that they simply can't be communicated with in a normal way. So in a way, their ideology seems to override their intelligence.

I've always found this fascinating, and I've reached the conclusion (for now, anyway) that there is something in their subconscious that essentially blocks them, prohibits them, from normal communication. Somewhere down deep they know that they're being intellectually dishonest, that they're playing games, but it just doesn't make it to the surface. So they're literally talking themselves into believing the stuff they say. They really believe it, at least at a conscious, surface level.

It may be ego (or lack thereof), self esteem (or lack thereof), or a general doubt about their stance on their positions. Or some combination therein.

In 2012 I started a thread on it: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/257728-the-psychology-of-partisanship.html -- several posters made some interesting points.

Last edited:

I agree.

[MENTION=32913]Disir[/MENTION], They're intelligent, but at the same time they (and people like them) are existing in such a ideological vacuum that they simply can't be communicated with in a normal way. So in a way, their ideology seems to override their intelligence.

I've always found this fascinating, and I've reached the conclusion (for now, anyway) that there is something in their subconscious that essentially blocks them, prohibits them, from normal communication. Somewhere down deep they know that they're being intellectually dishonest, that they're playing games, but it just doesn't make it to the surface. So they're literally talking themselves into believing the stuff they say. They really believe it, at least at a conscious, surface level.

It may be ego (or lack thereof), self esteem (or lack thereof), or a general doubt about their stance on their positions. Or some combination therein.

In 2012 I started a thread on it: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/257728-the-psychology-of-partisanship.html -- several posters made some interesting points.

I'm not sure they qualify as intelligent.

'Devious'? Yes.

'Educated'? Yes.

But education doesn't make you intelligent, it only makes you educated. 'Intelligence' is something you're born with.

You can't buy it, you can't increase it through education, you can't enhance it with drugs or surgery or all the special classes and colleges on earth.

You're born with it. Period. You're either intelligent or you're not. Period.

Now, you take a typical dimocrap scumbag with the IQ of a watermelon (my apologies to the watermelons of the world) and send him/her/it to the finest Colleges and let him/her/it stay there for ten years going from College to College.... Yeah, ten years is not out of the ordinary for dimocrap scum... A LOT of them are, or were at one time, what we call "Professional College Students" because getting a job is such a drag, doncha know?

But anyway, they're not intelligent. Not by any definition of the word.

Ruthless? Sure.

Clever? Yep.

Dishonest combined with deviousness? Yep.

Know how to talk, how to converse, how to confuse an opponent, how to lie, how to deceive, how to write, how to --- But not intelligent

If dimocrap scum are 'intelligent' then so was Al Capone. So was Adolf Hitler and Joe Stalin and Mao Zedong (I've read the latter two.... Believe me when I tell you...They weren't 'intelligent').

There is no definition of the word 'intelligent' that includes dimocrap scum.

None.

They are the scum of the fucking earth. Period.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back