The Pagan Roots of Halloween

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
One of the “holidays” I truly dislike. Teaching young children to go around begging from others. As for the basis of this story, it refers to something many, many holidays are based upon – pagan rites.

So, when someone greets you with a Happy Halloween, respond with “Joyous Samhain.”

Read the full story @ The Pagan Roots Of Halloween

We usually say "Happy Samhain", referring to what that person might get out of it, but whatever.

I dunno, the day when the veil between the living and the dead is a lot of things -- mysterious, somber, unsettling... not really "joyous".

One of the “holidays” I truly dislike. Teaching young children to go around begging from others. As for the basis of this story, it refers to something many, many holidays are based upon – pagan rites.

So, when someone greets you with a Happy Halloween, respond with “Joyous Samhain.”

You know the whole 'trick or treat' thing is fairly new, getting kids to go around asking for candy rather than older kids pull some pretty destructive pranks on people and their homes.

if you are truly offended by paganism, I would also avoid -

steeples
alters
church pews
Christmas trees
Christmas itself

The list is kind of long, you want me to go on?

By the way, OP - you should really learn to not be so uptight; when people wish me a merry Christmas, I just wish them one right back (even though I'm pagan) rather than upset them.

Being nice NEVER hurts!

Almost as bad as when a religion expects you to give up presents and gifts..

Almost as bad as when a religion expects you to give up presents and gifts..

It's all in the way you look at it.

Begging, no. Extorting.

Anyway, who cares. Most religious holidays are rooted in paganism.

I despise Satan and his high holy day - Oct 31st - Halloween - it is pure evil. I would strongly advise all parents and young people to listen to this interview about what really goes on - on Halloween and the days leading up to it - the disappearance of children - their murder on Oct 31st /Nov 1st also - it is evil. Have no part of it or you are opening your home - your family to demonic oppression / possession. have nothing to do with it - pray against it.
PodOmatic Best Free Podcasts
Listen and pay attention, folks. This is no game.

I despise Satan and his high holy day - Oct 31st - Halloween - it is pure evil. I would strongly advise all parents and young people to listen to this interview about what really goes on - on Halloween and the days leading up to it - the disappearance of children - their murder on Oct 31st /Nov 1st also - it is evil. Have no part of it or you are opening your home - your family to demonic oppression / possession. have nothing to do with it - pray against it.

Samhain/Hallowe'en has nothing whatsoever to do with "Satan". Satan was invented by the Church as the original Strawman. Pagans don't believe in "Satan". Nor for that matter in this juvenile "good versus evil" dichotomous anthropomorphization.

:eusa_hand:

Samhain/Hallowe'en has nothing whatsoever to do with "Satan". Satan was invented by the Church as the original Strawman. Pagans don't believe in "Satan". Nor for that matter in this juvenile "good versus evil" dichotomous anthropomorphization.

You can tell her that a million times and she still won't admit it. I often wonder if she's doing satan's work.

When the kids ring our door bell, we give out broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and Brussels sprouts.

It is a tough job to introduce children to the real world, but someone has to do it.

Pagans don't believe in "Satan". Nor for that matter in this juvenile "good versus evil" dichotomous anthropomorphization.

There are plenty of Pagans that do.

We believe in whatever Gods we Will, and absorb whatever we Will from whatever religions we Will.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back