The over/under on GOP gains in Congress (+65)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ragnar, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Ragnar

Ragnar <--- Pic is not me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +843
    The Forecast for November | The Weekly Standard

Wow, 65 seats? I doubt it. My guess is the over under in the House will be 49 and 5 in the Senate. What about the other big races? ...

That's a big year I don't care how the blame game blows around. And unlike my earlier moderating thoughts, I believe the Governorship wins could actually be higher... maybe 11. (I don't follow the State Senates and Houses so no guess there)

2010 will be a Hell of an election year no matter what though I think the gains predicted above are not all that far off. Time will tell. Things can still get better for the "Dims" before November. Then again, they could get even worse, lol.

:eusa_whistle:

2. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,043
    The Republicans have been on the march for some time. However, over at Intrade, the odds of the GOP capturing the House has fallen from 77% to 71%, their first meaningful decline in some time. Still, the GOP are still the odds on favorite, but its interesting that the Dems have picked up some ground the past few weeks. It could be that the economic numbers have come in better than expected.

3. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    and it could also be some trying to get in on something cheap
    LOL

4. shintao

shintao Take Down ~ Tap Out

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Geez, torture, murder & rape are closer than we think. Cons have already shown they cannot govern when they hold dictorial powers, so I see no fears if they completely control the entire pie again.

5. william the wie

william the wie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,603
    The state races are much more important than the congressional races because of reapportionment coming up in next year's legislative session. Not only all states losing or gaining seats but some multi-seat states will change apportionment with no net change in seat numbers. Since the goal is to put the opposition party in districts where hopefully 99% of the the voters would vote for the opposition party even if the penalty was immediate execution of 10% of such voters and the majority party cannot poll more than 60% in their districts even with free drinks and sex partners as a reward this shift could be drastic over multiple decades.

6. Ragnar

Ragnar <--- Pic is not me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +843
    No one has enjoyed "dictorial powers" in America since we kicked out King George and his Redcoats. Also, going by the numbers above the Dims will likely as not still control the Senate not to mention two more years of POTUS Obama.

Still, the voters are mad and it's Obama/Pelosi/Reid who shot themselves in their collective feet.

Gurwitz: GOP's biggest electoral advantage is not being Democratic

Just the way the ball bounces. (and always will)

7. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    and just how are the dems doing with more powers than the GOP ever had?????

8. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    Voters start paying attention after Labor Day, which is where we are now.
    Not a single candidate is touting his support for Obamacare. Few are touting their support of the president's agenda at all. The Left is dispirited because Obama didnt deliver whatever the hell it was they thought he was going to deliver (he never made it clear in his campaign and the press let him off on it). The right is in triumphant mode, saying "we told you so."
    Obama has divided this country more than it was. Our economic situation is worse. Our military situation in Afghanistan is worse. We are facing a resurgent Iran and North Korea and have pissed off our allies.
    Bu the chief issue is the pocketbook, as always. Are you better off now than you were two years ago? For most people that is a resounding NO. The Dems will get the heave ho. The GOP will take the House. They may take the senate.
    Obama's agenda is dead. He will reshuffle his cabinet. Emanuel is already making plans to leave to run for mayor of Chicago. I would bet Geithner, never really part of Team Obama, is sharpening his resume. Sibelius, Napolitano, and Holder are being waved in front of the bus, preparatory to being thrown under it. The rest of Obama's economic team, that hasn't resigned already, is preparing to.

9. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    Well, apparently Torture, Murder and Rape are better alternatives to the Pelosi and Reid gang!

10. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    I thought they were the cause of torture, murder and rape?