The Offical COLTS vs. pats Thread

Congrats Colts fans. You better hope your team takes this as a huge wake up call because despite the outcome I'm walking away from this confident that New England is the better team.

Precisely. Colts were defeated for most of the game. Patriots got cocky, and Belichik doubted his defense. If he had punted, it would have been a Patriots victory. He gave them the ball on the Pats 30, instead of the Colts 20. No way they would have made up those 50 yards with the time left on the clock.

It was a good sports weekend in Indy this weekend. Last night the Pacers beat the Celtics, tonight the Colts beat the Patriots. Good times, good times. :beer:

Goodnight all, it was fun!

Congrats Colts fans. You better hope your team takes this as a huge wake up call because despite the outcome I'm walking away from this confident that New England is the better team.

Precisely. Colts were defeated for most of the game. Patriots got cocky, and Belichik doubted his defense. If he had punted, it would have been a Patriots victory. He gave them the ball on the Pats 30, instead of the Colts 20. No way they would have made up those 50 yards with the time left on the clock.

I'm thinking that Belichick was thinking it was 3rd down.

I'm thinking that Belichick was thinking it was 3rd down.

I doubt it. He discussed with Brady on the sideline (after a timeout) whether they should go for it or punt it. Looks like Brady was just as responsible as Belichik. Regardless, it was a bad, bad call. You don't give the ball to a team on your 30 yard line that just drive down the field in a minute and a half.

Also, let's not forget the fumble that led to the Colts second-to-last drive. If that had never occurred, we'd have a different outcome. You can't turnover the ball to a team like the Colts.

I have Reggie Wayne and the Colts D. The leader in my league has Brady! I am hoping for a Colts stooping!

PLEASE Manning toss Wayne a few LONG TDs, I could use the cash inflow at the moment!

you coach made a bad call but your patriots still let the colts come back! :D

yup they went into that stupid "prevent" defense and allowed them to drive down the field then get that WEAK interference call(home-field advantage)and get it within 6 points
then the bad spotting call gave them the ball on the 30

LOL
yes, the Pats should have punted, but had the refs given the proper spotting, the score would have been exactly what i called
LOL

I just wanted to stop in and see who was whining about the 4th & 2 spot.

Looked right to me, he didn't have possession until after he was back behind the marker.

A review wouldn't have shown 100% conclusive proof to overturn the original call anyway.

A review wouldn't have shown 100% conclusive proof to overturn the original call anyway.

You're right. It wouldn't have (unless it was shown from another angle). But, if it had been spotted properly in the first place and the Colts had challenged the spot, they would not have had sufficient evidence to turn it over either.

Yes, he juggled possession, but he gained possession before he fell behind the marker. Forward progress would rule the spot of the ball on the line, which is enough for the first.

Like Bruschi said in the article I posted, Belichik dissed his defense. I'm not at all surprised they didn't have the motivation to hold the Colts from the 30. Belichik didn't even think they could hold the Colts from their own 20. Considering the time it took them to get the 30 yards, they would have needed much bigger plays to get from their own 20 in time.

You're right. It wouldn't have (unless it was shown from another angle). But, if it had been spotted properly in the first place and the Colts had challenged the spot, they would not have had sufficient evidence to turn it over either.

Yes, he juggled possession, but he gained possession before he fell behind the marker. Forward progress would rule the spot of the ball on the line, which is enough for the first.

I didn't see enough evidence to suggest he definitely had gained possession past the marker. He looked like he was right over the marker as it hit his hands and he was already being pushed backwards as it was bobbling.

Did you actually see an angle that showed control of the ball, with the ball itself at or past the marker? Because I didn't.

Considering the bobble, the refs made a judgment call. Pats fans don't like it, and Colts fans do. It's sports. It's like a tie at first base. How do you call it other than by your own judgment?

Last edited:
I didn't see enough evidence to suggest he definitely had gained possession past the marker. He looked like he was right over the marker as it hit his hands and he was already being pushed backwards as it was bobbling.

Did you actually see an angle that showed control of the ball, with the ball itself at or past the marker? Because I didn't.

The ball comes to rest in his left arm ON the marker.

Considering the bobble, the refs made a judgment call. Pats fans don't like it, and Colts fans do. It's sports. It's like a tie at first base. How do you call it other than by your own judgment?

Exactly what I said. If it had been called the other way, the refs would not be any less right or wrong.

The ball comes to rest in his left arm ON the marker.

If you conclusively saw that then maybe the ref would have as well. I didn't study it, just whatever couple replays they showed right after.

Brings us back to Brady wasting a timeout for no good reason.

It's not exactly a bad call by Bill looking back now And it's not exactly a "diss" on the defense either.

The defense was tired and failed to stop the Colts throughout the entire 4th quarter. Remember how much the Patriots were up by at one point.

You have arguably the best offense in the league, best quarterback ever, one of the best wide receivers, and some other good choices. It's fourth and two, you have been 12 for 16 in last 16 attempts on 4th down against the Colts. Your offense has been successful all game.

If the refs called it right, Bill continues to look like the mad genius he is. This is one of those few times where his mad genius failed him and partly it's only due to the refs. Remember, it's plays like those that make the Patriots who they are. I wouldn't of done that, but then again, I'm not Bill Belichick and I don't have three Super Bowl rings.

Chalk it up to bad luck and move on. Everyone knows the Patriots are the superior team. Let the Colts go 16-0 for the season for all I care, for when the Pats beat them in the playoffs, it will be all the more sweeter.

Forum List

Back