The Obama Administration Is Doing A Bang-Up Job With This Terrorist Attack

Not a mere 52 hours ago this took place, whilst the man was enjoying some fun time and about a few hundred or so of his media associates and the perp is already caught.

I do agree with this....but it wasn't due to a damn thing Obama did. it was due to policies put in place many years ago and outstanding co-operation between law enforcement agencies and solid investigative police work.

Holy SHIT, this is a funny-assed comment.

When something goes wrong, it's all Obama's fault, according to you and your buds.

Like when the guy in Ft Hood shot those people, that was all Obama's fault, not the fault of the "policies put in place many years ago".

But when something goes RIGHT, it should obviously be credited to those policies.

You people crack me up.

Hooray for law enforcement.

Just a second.

How the fuck did he get a van full of explosives into Manhattan in the first place?

You want the cops to start searching every vehicle going into the city now? What kinda big-government-loving pinko are you?

ROFL. Nice.

Seriously though, checking the 1 million vehicles that travel into Manhattan every day for fertilizer would be impossible.

Unless someone develops a long-range bovine waste detector.

And the day someone develops a Bullshit detector, I have a whole host of other uses for it.

Just a second.

How the fuck did he get a van full of explosives into Manhattan in the first place?

You want the cops to start searching every vehicle going into the city now? What kinda big-government-loving pinko are you?

ROFL. Nice.

Seriously though, checking the 1 million vehicles that travel into Manhattan every day for fertilizer would be impossible.

And the day someone develops a Bullshit detector, I have a whole host of other uses for it.

Like pointing them at a full session of congress, and watching the detector overload.

Wow you blind arrogant brother huh!

Let's see: Take the last 3 very public attacks -
(1) Underwear Bomber - Shear luck on our part
(2) Hasan Fort Hood - Not prevented and the Democrats still don't terrorist attack
(3) Time Square Bomber - Shear luck again

Yet he is doing a bang up job.

I see you didn't include the Pirate situation.

Anyway, lets compare that to Bush's track record:

(1) 9-11: Biggest more attrocious (sp) Terror Attack on American soil...over 3000 Americans lives lost - Bush FAILED...MASSIVELY!!!
(2) Katrina - FAIL
(3) Economy - CATASTROPICH FAIL

NEXT!!!??

Last edited:
rofl. Nice.

Seriously though, checking the 1 million vehicles that travel into manhattan every day for fertilizer would be impossible.

And the day someone develops a bullshit detector, i have a whole host of other uses for it.

like pointing them at a full session of congress, and watching the detector overload.

rofl, exactly!

Who the fuck would go from White Plains to Times Square to see a movie?

Might as well have gone to Cherry Hill.
I worked in Uniion Square A-hole I'd stay in the city until I was done. Besides...most everyone works in the city and lives outside. People live as far as the Poconus and South Jersey and commute to Manhattan daily for work. But an out-of-towner like you who just Googled what I said wouldn't know that.

I said the BX, clearly you know nothing of the BX.

White Plains is a a road.

I guess to non-NYers like yourself I SHOULD have spelled out "Gun Hill ROAD and White Plains ROAD"

Or perhaps it was the "BX" that got your ass confused?

FYI, BX = The Bronx.

IGNORAMUS!
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif

Hey, shit for brains, White Plains is a city in NY. Crawl out from under your rock. Oh, that's right... a Bronx native.

Nevermind.

White Plains is a City in NY.

White Plains Road is a road in The Bronx.

White Plains Road - Google Maps

MarcATL You are still a shit for brains, no matter where you find yourself.

Hooray for law enforcement.

Just a second.

How much sense does it make for me to show photo ID to get into a building in Times Square when there's a fucking fuely-air van idling outside?

Wow you blind arrogant brother huh!

Let's see: Take the last 3 very public attacks -
(1) Underwear Bomber - Shear luck on our part
(2) Hasan Fort Hood - Not prevented and the Democrats still don't terrorist attack
(3) Time Square Bomber - Shear luck again

Yet he is doing a bang up job.

I see you didn't include the Pirate situation.

Anyway, lets compare that to Bush's track record:

(1) 9-11: Biggest more attrocious (sp) Terror Attack on American soil...over 3000 Americans lives lost - Bush FAILED...MASSIVELY!!!
(2) Katrina - FAIL
(3) Economy - CATASTROPICH FAIL

NEXT!!!??

You are an asshole that enables terrorists. You do not know the difference between an act of war and a crime. You and your gang of idiots obstruct justice and national defense. You are your own worst enemy.

Just a second.

How much sense does it make for me to show photo ID to get into a building in Times Square when there's a fucking fuely-air van idling outside?

If you look as flakey as you sound it makes sense to ID you.

Just a second.

ROFL. Nice.

You think this is a fucking joke?

If it's THAT fucking easy to load up a van with fertilizer and diesel fuel and parade it around Times Square I'm going to scale back the meetings I take in NYCity because it's only a question of WHEN and IF it happens

You are an asshole that enables terrorists. You do not know the difference between an act of war and a crime. You and your gang of idiots obstruct justice and national defense. You are your own worst enemy.

So you think this yahoo declared war on us? So doesn't that make him a POW and bring the geneva accords into play?

Just a second.

I got asked for I.D. in the Bronx Zoo last Thursday. I'm still in shock. The audacity!!! The Inhumanity!!! Who will represent me??? I want to sue the "Wildlife Conservation Society" for profiling me and acting like Nazi's. I want them shut down. Who will represent me??? Where are the ambulance chasers when you need them??? Social Justice Now!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you think this yahoo declared war on us? So doesn't that make him a POW and bring the geneva accords into play?

War was declared a long time ago, he just joined in. You want off of the target list, convert to Islam. No guarantee's on the collateral damage thingy though, it's okay, just keep denying!!!

War was declared a long time ago, he just joined in. You want off of the target list, convert to Islam. No guarantee's on the collateral damage thingy though, it's okay, just keep denying!!!

So answer the question, is he a POW? The rest of your post is gibberish.

US prosecutors have charged the man accused of trying to explode a car bomb in New York's Times Square with five counts.

Eric Holder, the US attorney general, said that Faisal Shahzad, a US citizen of Pakistani origin, had admitted his role in the attempted bombing and was providing valuable information to interrogators.

The charges include terrorism and trying to explode a weapon of mass destruction.

Shahzad also admitted receiving bomb-making training in Pakistan, US prosecutors said on Tuesday.

He returned from Pakistan in February and told authorities he spent five months there visiting his parents, according to the criminal complaint filed in US District Court in New York.

Pakistan's arrests

Earlier on Tuesday, five men were reported to have been arrested by security officials in Pakistan in connection with the attempted bombing.

"Intelligence officials arrested two in the city of Karachi in the southern city of Punjab and three more in Faisalabad," Kamal Hyder, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Pakistan, said.

"Shahzad's father-in-law was also one of those arrested," Hyder said.

"His parents house has been located in Peshawar but apparently the parents left once they heard about their son's arrest," he said.

Our correspondent said that according to witnesses in the neighbourhood, Shahzad had been there a few months ago to attend a wedding.

"It would be interesting to see if there are any links between all these arrests and whether they will be able to get any clues."

The department of justice said that Shahzad was arrested when he tried to board a flight from New York's John F Kennedy airport headed to Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates.

"The FBI's quick action was critical as he was arrested in JFK as he attempted to flee," Holder said.

"We also coordinated with everyone to ensure the arrests of everyone that is responsible for this."

Investigating connections

Barack Obama, the US president, said that the FBI and other authorities are investigating the suspect for possible connection to terrorist groups.

"They have all the tools and experience they need to learn everything we can and that includes what, if any connection, this individual has to terrorist groups," Obama said during a live statement from Washington DC on Tuesday.

He said that the attack was a sobering reminder of current security threats, but vowed that "as Americans and as a nation we will not be terrorised."

Our correspondent said that reports from Pakistan confirmed that Shahzad had an ID card issued from Karachi and his family lived in a middle class neighbourhood.

"What is important is that around the same time the attack was discovered, the Taliban in Pakistan immediately took responsibility and a video tape with open threats was released within 24 hours," Hyder said from Peshawar.

Rehman Malik, Pakistan's interior minister, said that they will co-operate with American officials in their investigation.

Flight recalled

John Terret, Al Jazeera's correspondent in New York, said that custom officials had recognised Shahzad from pictures which must have been circulated to US authorities and not released to the media.

"There is some doubt [as] to whether Faisal Shahzad was arrested on the plane or whether the plane was pulled back as it was started to get ready for take off," Terret said.

Kimberly Mertz, an FBI agent, said that a home believed to be Shahzad's, in Bridgeport, Connecticut, was searched earlier on Tuesday.

"He's claimed to have acted alone, but these are things that have to be investigated," an official said.

"Faisal was born in Pakistan and was naturalised as an American citizen less than a year ago," Terret said.

Dubai-based Emirates confirmed on Tuesday that flight EK202, scheduled to leave New York for Dubai at 11pm local time Monday night, was called back by authorities shortly before taking off.

"Three passengers were removed from the flight," a spokesperson for the airline said.

EK202 was the only flight scheduled to leave New York for Dubai on Monday night, implying that Shahzad was one of the passengers removed. Emirates wouldn't disclose the identities of the other two passengers.

US media reported earlier, quoting law-enforcement sources, that the suspect was a Connecticut resident and apparently paid cash for the vehicle found in Times Square.

The four-wheel-drive vehicle, a Nissan Pathfinder, was rigged with a crude propane-and-petrol bomb.

The registered owner of the vehicle had told police on Monday that he had sold it three weeks ago without any paperwork to a man in his late 20s or early 30s.

Al Jazeera English - Americas - Terrorism charge for NY suspect

'The Obama Administration Is Doing A Bang-Up Job With This Terrorist Attack'

Just too much unearned credit.

If it's THAT fucking easy to load up a van with fertilizer and diesel fuel and parade it around Times Square I'm going to scale back the meetings I take in NYCity because it's only a question of WHEN and IF it happens

I WORK in Mid-Town Manhattan every single day. So, with all due respect, go Cheney yourself.

And if you worked in Midtown, like I do, you would see how fucking stupid it is to suggest that every car going into Manhattan be searched.

So, no, I don't think this is a joke, but apparently you think it's some kind of game.

I WORK in Mid-Town Manhattan every single day. So, with all due respect, go Cheney yourself.

And if you worked in Midtown, like I do, you would see how fucking stupid it is to suggest that every car going into Manhattan be searched.

So, no, I don't think this is a joke, but apparently you think it's some kind of game.

It ain't a joke and it ain't a game, it is a dangerous time, one that pandering will not effect positively.

Forum List

Back