The numbers don't lie: here's the success of the economy under Obama

I do agree that Obama's efforts to turn the economy around in 2008 were successful, he brought the economy back from the brink and reinvigorated faith in the U.S market, for this he should be commended. However, he didn't shut the taps off after the stimulus has done it's job. When you double your nations debt in 8 years, run more debt than the entire 43 U.S presidents before him, that's extremely problematic. Sadly, it reminds me a bit of Ontario.

So if you look at numbers, you have to consider, "how much of this success is based on the free market, private enterprise and how much is due to government spending"? Without getting into details and doing the research, I have to assume that some of this $10 trillion+ increased debt went to improve employment or employers through direct spending. Whether through government full time hires, government projects and other government monetary injections. Furthermore, someone posted on another site that the manner in which to calculate unemployment was changed. On top of the increased entitlements which are unsustainable long term, there is a reason all of these metrics aren't being felt in the broader economy.

This is the one problem Trump could find himself in if he isn't careful, as he is talking about a $1 trillion infrastructure plan. Paul Ryan suggested that they would partner with businesses, which makes sense, but what precisely this means or how it will look is obviously yet to be seen. Everyone sees the debt numbers and noone wants to be the one to make the tough decision. It's akin to buying votes on the back of future generations.

Bottom line. If you showed all of these numbers and the debt hadn't increased $1, I would be extremely impressed without having to look at the details. As it were, without deep diving, it's difficult to attribute this success to a vibrant and growing economy, especially with so many weak indicators and poverty levels.

I do agree that Obama's efforts to turn the economy around in 2008 were successful, he brought the economy back from the brink and reinvigorated faith in the U.S market, for this he should be commended. However, he didn't shut the taps off after the stimulus has done it's job. When you double your nations debt in 8 years, run more debt than the entire 43 U.S presidents before him, that's extremely problematic. Sadly, it reminds me a bit of Ontario.

So if you look at numbers, you have to consider, "how much of this success is based on the free market, private enterprise and how much is due to government spending"? Without getting into details and doing the research, I have to assume that some of this $10 trillion+ increased debt went to improve employment or employers through direct spending. Whether through government full time hires, government projects and other government monetary injections. Furthermore, someone posted on another site that the manner in which to calculate unemployment was changed. On top of the increased entitlements which are unsustainable long term, there is a reason all of these metrics aren't being felt in the broader economy.

This is the one problem Trump could find himself in if he isn't careful, as he is talking about a $1 trillion infrastructure plan. Paul Ryan suggested that they would partner with businesses, which makes sense, but what precisely this means or how it will look is obviously yet to be seen. Everyone sees the debt numbers and noone wants to be the one to make the tough decision. It's akin to buying votes on the back of future generations.

Bottom line. If you showed all of these numbers and the debt hadn't increased $1, I would be extremely impressed without having to look at the details. As it were, without deep diving, it's difficult to attribute this success to a vibrant and growing economy, especially with so many weak indicators and poverty levels.
We didn't see Obamas success yet as you say....even after borrowing over 10 trillion in debt, untold trillions in QE, and over 10 trillion in printed money....

We will however see the punishment that comes with Obamas failed attempt to have the .gov buy the economy. There are only,two ways to remove Obamas cash from the economy, interest rates, and inflation....and that my friends should terrify you as well.....

Forum List

Back