The numbers are in on Trump’s war on overdose deaths : (Colossal fail)

Drug dealers are not your friends. They are not helpers in the fight for freedom to take drugs.

The dealers are active soldiers in a street war to kill as many people in this country as possible.

A recent drug bust confiscated enough fentanyl to kill 50 million people. It's time to stop treating this as street crime.

ACTUALLY the war on drugs is a major success! Every time someone gets busted and thrown in jail we are winning! Yea! Cool, huh? Also there is no problem with drugs! Wanna know why? Because everyone knows when they are ten years old do not smoke, drink, and or do drugs! So who's fault is if people do it anyway?! Not mine! So you can start by fucking off! How's that sound?

I don't get it (or maybe I do) The President is addressing the opioid deaths for the first time in his first year and the left is desperate to make it seem like a failure. What did we get in Hussein's first year? The war on derelict cars with the "cash for clunkers" law. How did that work out?

Drafted in the War on Drugs

stoned_soldiers_legal_states_pot_smoker-army.jpg

Keep fighting the losing battle. Legislating morality. As one who can honestly say I have never tried an illegal drug I can say it's time for legalization. Believe in freedom but legislate to your hypocritical anti American way.

Americans love their drugs and those who still believe in keeping them illegal are frankly not intelligent. Legalise and tax and make billions. It's all over dummies.
A tactic that we now know is a failure.

It worked in Holland, Switzerland, and Methodone programs have been very successful here to. Addicts go to the pharacist with their card and are given their methodone in orange juice. It reduces overdose deaths, crime, and disease from dirty needles. And helps addicts get clean.

Methodone programs don't work. I don't know why they don't but they don't. Rehab doesn't work either.

I know a woman that works for a small town in New England. As a city employee she is required to carry narcan or naxolone at all times. She carries it but swears she would never use it. Walk on by. She didn't see a thing.

Of course now that the dealers are lacing the opiods with fentanyl that should end things pretty quicky.

I don't get it (or maybe I do) The President is addressing the opioid deaths for the first time in his first year and the left is desperate to make it seem like a failure. What did we get in Hussein's first year? The war on derelict cars with the "cash for clunkers" law. How did that work out?

Not to mention later on he let hundreds of users and dealers out of prison early. Thanks DumBama.

This is the first I heard of this war. Link?

Now I know you don’t live in North America. You cannot live in NA and not know about the opioid crisis. It’s on the news every single day.

And it's been going on for years before Trump even thought about being President. The question asked is when was this war on drugs started by Trump?

Let nature take its course and thin the herd.....yes its harsh but there is nothing anyone can do

I think you'd take a different stance on that if it affected you personally. Yes, there are things we can do, but don't. People can't take narcotics that are not available to them.

The narcotics will always find their way into a society that depends on them. No laws no war will stop them. So we tax them and regulate them.

Trump and most on the right couldn’t care less about opioid addiction and deaths.

Conservatives might go through the political motions, but it’s not a priority for them.

Correct. Trump set his direction on other things like dealing with our overseas problems, getting this economy up and running, undoing the mess from the last administration. But given much of the opioid products cross that southern border Democrats refuse to build a wall on, don't blame this on Trump.

It cannot be fixed. Some lower ability folk want to keep fighting it. I guess keep it up if it creates more jobs with good pay and benefits. Just don't discuss freedom in the same breath.

This is the first I heard of this war. Link?

Is Trump's Opioid Strategy a "War on Drugs" Relapse?

The White House this week released its plan to confront the national opioid crisis, roiling urban and rural communities alike. In a three-page document circulated to news outlets and later posted on the White House Web site, Pres. Donald Trump lays out a strategy focused on scaling up law enforcement actions, boosting education about substance use and expanding access to treatment. But critics, including some human rights and public health groups, say aspects of the plan are too reminiscent of the “war on drugs” approach that has failed in the past.

And, here is the link to the White House's position on it..................

President Donald J. Trump’s Initiative to Stop Opioid Abuse and Reduce Drug Supply and Demand

So let's get this straight: the OP made a statement about drug overdoses in 2017, and you post a link to a story in March (five months ago) in 2018?

Mess poisoning? Where? Seems to me taking drugs is a choice. But you seem to be against choice unless it fits your hypocritical narrative.

It cannot be fixed. Some lower ability folk want to keep fighting it. I guess keep it up if it creates more jobs with good pay and benefits. Just don't discuss freedom in the same breath.
There is something to be said for just letting people overdose and die. Just don't take up ambulances and emergency rooms. Give them their freedom.

Forum List

Back