The Number of Mixed-Race Americans is Rapidly Rising. Will it Make a Difference?

What's most damaging to American society is the idea that more brown people will somehow "fix" it.

The idea that skin color can fix something is sort of the same kind of thinking that has always been part of the problem.

Opinion | How Interracial Love Is Saving America

Will it change things over time, or is the need to fear an "other" too strong?

The question itself is the problem. Let people be and be with whomever they choose without making their choice about skin color or even mentioning it. Simple. Race was never the problem unless a majority of society or some of its ideologues made it such. Now, if one is talking about the introduction of hostile cultures into a generationally traditional or closed cultural society, that's another matter indeed.

What's most damaging to American society is the idea that more brown people will somehow "fix" it.

The idea that skin color can fix something is sort of the same kind of thinking that has always been part of the problem.

Tell that to Fauxcahontas. Hers is the party where everybody has to be at least a little bit of a minority to get their birthright victimhood card.

It has long been known that similarities in tastes and interests, as well as experiences and values, make for the best long term relationships. This is the entire philosophy of "computer dating" companies. And they are right.

Inter-racial marriages may be an increasing phenomenon, but I wouldn't expect them to have a high success rate.

Finding someone who gets you and who you want to share your life with is hard enough...

Why limit your options?

multicultural-blog-post.jpg

It has long been known that similarities in tastes and interests, as well as experiences and values, make for the best long term relationships. This is the entire philosophy of "computer dating" companies. And they are right.

Inter-racial marriages may be an increasing phenomenon, but I wouldn't expect them to have a high success rate.

So, you think tastes interest experiences and values are a matter of skin pigmentation? Yep, part of the problem.

Opinion | How Interracial Love Is Saving America

Will it change things over time, or is the need to fear an "other" too strong?

The question itself is the problem. Let people be and be with whomever they choose without making their choice about skin color or even mentioning it. Simple.

The democrats cannot speak about people without mentioning skin color.

Too true. And that is perhaps the foremost social and political problem of our Age. The Democrats: holding America in perpetually low boiling race war since their party's inception.

I wasn't aware that skin color dictates tastes and interests, or experience and values...

fourth_of_july21.jpg

Seems more than a bit naïve to me this statement in its broad generalization of the human heart. I am one of the guilty. She's East Indian. I'm Native American, German and Swiss with a bit of Scottish and Dutch in there somewhere. We couldn't be happier. We met online, been together for years. Are we the exception? I think not, as her family--male and female--have intermarried culturally and racially on all sides.

Embrace nerd culture ... it's not about color ... it's about comics, cosplay, and games.

5449172072_23aeef2e8b_b.jpg

Mutts are almost always smarter and healthier than pure breeds.

That being said, I say “mix it up people!”

Any farmer will tell you that monocropping can't be sustained except by artificial means.

Forum List

Back