The no more states solution

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by Shusha, Mar 18, 2017.

1. teddyearp

teddyearp Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,771
    In a certain way, the 'New City' of Jerusalem is sort of already divided north of the Old City walls. They call it the 'seam line'. Not sure how defined it is south of the Old City walls. But you for sure know when you've crossed it as you walk outside the Old City on the north side. I think the Old City should be as it is, and as I believe I mentioned in the two state solution thread (this one is almost going the same way now), I wish that the Temple Mount would become more open to all. As it is now, Non-Muslims can only enter via one way during very restricted hours. Leaving the Temple Mount for a non-muslim is much easier.

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,771
    In all honesty, this is about as productive as "Driving all the Jews into the Sea".

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +51,073
    Not at all.

4. P F Tinmore

P F Tinmore Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,643
    Well I couldn't find a source saying: "The US bribes Egypt to do what Israel wants." However it is mentioned how the aid to Egypt is important to Israel.

The United States has provided significant military and economic assistance to Egypt since the late 1970s. Successive U.S. Administrations have routinely justified aid to Egypt as an investment in regional stability, built primarily on long-running cooperation with the Egyptian military and on sustaining the 1979 Egyptian-Israeli peace treaty.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33003.pdf

Of course Palestinian sources have been less subtle in the US/Israel/Egypt trio relationship particularly when it comes to the siege on Gaza.

When there was a discussion in the US about cutting aid to Egypt after the Sisi coup, Netanyahu said.

Asked about American aid to Egypt, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel said he would speak only “in general terms,” but made it clear that any withdrawal of aid was a concern.

“Our interest is basically having the peace with Egypt continue,” Mr. Netanyahu said in a radio interview last week. “That peace was premised on American aid to Egypt, and I think that for us is the most important consideration, and I’m sure that’s taken under advisement in Washington.”

Israel Expresses Dismay at Cutback of U.S. Aid to Egypt

What do the facts on the ground tell you?

5. Eloy

Eloy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,288
    Dreaming-up the elimination of a future Palestinian state by sacrificing less desirable areas of Sumeria and Judah to Jordan and Gaza to Egypt would not go down well with Zionists and internationally would be seen for what it is; a cynical final and total eradication of indigenous Palestinian people's right to self determination.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. teddyearp

teddyearp Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,771
    I think you have answered my question and yours quite well already. Nice work proving yours and monti's 'theory' incorrect for all to see.

Light as a feather . . . .

7. montelatici

montelatici Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,559
    Teddy cracks me up. He reminds me of Spicer. LOL

"The FY2008 Withholding of U.S. Military Aid. During consideration of the House version of the FY2008 State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations bill (H.R. 2764), lawmakers inserted new language that proposed to withhold $200 million in Foreign Military Financing assistance (FMF) to Egypt until the Secretary of State certifies that Egypt has taken concrete steps toward improving its human rights record, strengthening judicial independence, and curbing Palestinian smuggling along the Gaza border. "

http://www.mit.edu/afs.new/sipb/contrib/wikileaks-crs/wikileaks-crs-reports/RL33003.pdf

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. P F Tinmore

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,643
    Indeed, sucking up to Israel has always been part of the peace deal.

9. Hollie

Hollie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,863
    Indeed, you're just incensed that Islamic terrorists are not given the credibility you wish for them.

10. P F Tinmore

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,643
    Oooooo, you played the terrorist card.

I'm impressed.

Not! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: