the NFL contacted teams about signing Michael Sam

So it's ok for gay's to be cheerleaders but not football players? Or are you complaining that someone promoted employment for a gay person?

If he can play football, a team will sign him. His sexual preference should have nothing to do with their decision. I would hope that GM's around the league could judge him only on his football talents. But it seems the NFL feels there may be some who feel otherwise.

If he can play football, a team will sign him. His sexual preference should have nothing to do with their decision. I would hope that GM's around the league could judge him only on his football talents. But it seems the NFL feels there may be some who feel otherwise.
A team did sign him. What makes you think his sexual preference factored into it? What makes you think GMs didn't judge him on his football talents? What makes you think football players are not representatives of the team brand? You think football is just about the game and not also about the marketing? You know they work for money right?

Football IS a Business. It's a Product being sold by the NFL. Jack Kent Cooke said those exact words during the Player Strike in 1987.

The NFL, wanting to improve it's image and raise advertising rates, will do this by promoting Diversity. The NFL doesn't give two sh*ts about who wins what. Only Profits and Growth.

Gays fall into the category of "Dual Income No Kids" or DINK. They have plenty of disposable income and are sought after by corporations that again, don't give two shits about what you think, only care about the bottom line.

I'm sorry for you guys who think the NFL is Competitive Sport, it's not. It's a business.

If you agree with what they support: Abortion (Pink Month), Gay Rights, Gun Control then you go right ahead and keep watching.

But I tell ya's this: The NFL is no more a "legitimate" sport than Don King Boxing is and was.

They have made specific phone calls to teams? I honestly don't know.
Yes.

And the same thing happened back in the 70s regarding black QBs. And earlier regarding black baseball players. I don't think we should think badly of the NFL when they make calls to the teams promoting diversity. What would bother me is quotas.

What motivates the NFL.....Let me think....Oh Yeah....

MONEY....MONEY....MONEY

Every step they take and every rule they make is designed to assure they money will be there.

(sounds like a Sting song huh)

MONEY....MONEY....MONEY

Every step they take and every rule they make is designed to assure they money will be there.

You say that like money is a bad thing. If you don't like the money part, go watch a pickup game.

Football IS a Business. It's a Product being sold by the NFL. Jack Kent Cooke said those exact words during the Player Strike in 1987.

The NFL, wanting to improve it's image and raise advertising rates, will do this by promoting Diversity. The NFL doesn't give two sh*ts about who wins what. Only Profits and Growth.

Gays fall into the category of "Dual Income No Kids" or DINK. They have plenty of disposable income and are sought after by corporations that again, don't give two shits about what you think, only care about the bottom line.

I'm sorry for you guys who think the NFL is Competitive Sport, it's not. It's a business.

If you agree with what they support: Abortion (Pink Month), Gay Rights, Gun Control then you go right ahead and keep watching.

But I tell ya's this: The NFL is no more a "legitimate" sport than Don King Boxing is and was.

"The NFL doesn't give two sh*ts about who wins what"

"The NFL is no more a "legitimate" sport than Don King Boxing is and was"

Seriously dude...make up your mind...which is it?

LOL

You guys re hilarious. You scream the he got drafted because he is gay. Then scream that he didn't make the team because he is gay.

MONEY....MONEY....MONEY

I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the minutia of this topic but many of you guys in this thread seem to follow football in a lot of detail. What is the NFL doing to insure that there are more Asian coaches and players hired, not to mention Native America, Hispanic and South Asian players and coaches? Also, are there any Estonian-American coaches?

Forum List

Back