the NFL contacted teams about signing Michael Sam

I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the minutia of this topic but many of you guys in this thread seem to follow football in a lot of detail. What is the NFL doing to insure that there are more Asian coaches and players hired, not to mention Native America, Hispanic and South Asian players and coaches? Also, are there any Estonian-American coaches?

Interesting question, one which appears to cry out for another thread. Yes, many of us have been following the NFL for many years. I have been an avid fan since 1967

Oh, I guess I kind of do know the answer to your question on why the NFL has a policy in place to hire black coaches. In 2013, over 80 percent of the players in the NFL were black. Perhaps that is not the only reason that the Rooney Rule is in place, but it is one of the big reasons.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the minutia of this topic but many of you guys in this thread seem to follow football in a lot of detail. What is the NFL doing to insure that there are more Asian coaches and players hired, not to mention Native America, Hispanic and South Asian players and coaches? Also, are there any Estonian-American coaches?

Interesting question, one which appears to cry out for another thread. Yes, many of us have been following the NFL for many years. I have been an avid fan since 1967

Oh, I guess I kind of do know the answer to your question on why the NFL has a policy in place to hire black coaches. In 2013, over 80 percent of the players in the NFL were black. Perhaps that is not the only reason that the Rooney Rule is in place, but it is one of the big reasons.
If 80% of the players are black, and blacks only constitute 12% of the population, then shouldn't the NFL have special outreach programs for white players instead of for black coaches?

Here's my point, and I won't play the innocent, the reason that 80% of players are black is because these players beat out white players, most likely due to the genetics supporting their athletic abilities. Coaching is not athleticism, it's a thinking position, and just as blacks have an advantage on the field, whites have SHOWN themselves to have an advantage in coaching.

The stakes are high in football. Teams want to win. It would be idiocy to hire white coaches who lose and overlook black coaches who win. I doubt that this is happening. Is it?

This racial and sexual bean counting is atrocious. Is there not ONE area in American culture that can be immune from the Leftist identity garbage? Can't football be a place where skill and merit reign supreme?

So it's ok for gay's to be cheerleaders but not football players? Or are you complaining that someone promoted employment for a gay person?

I am mad because he was cut along with many others and they have no job. What makes him so f*ckin special?

Roger Goddell is truly biggest d*ckhead I have ever seen

Really? I can think of several hundred people that I have seen that are bigger dickheads than him.

But as far as being a worthy Commish ... he sucks donkey balls.

Some of the fines he hands out and edicts he pronounces are rediculous. I think at the least he is full of himself and if he keeps on this track the owners will ask for and get his resignation. I believe it is time for the owners to get together...clean house in the front office and do an intelligent search for someone that is wise and comes to reasonable decisions as problems crop up.

Really? I can think of several hundred people that I have seen that are bigger dickheads than him.

But as far as being a worthy Commish ... he sucks donkey balls.

Some of the fines he hands out and edicts he pronounces are rediculous. I think at the least he is full of himself and if he keeps on this track the owners will ask for and get his resignation. I believe it is time for the owners to get together...clean house in the front office and do an intelligent search for someone that is wise and comes to reasonable decisions as problems crop up.

Nope, he is KING JACKASS right now.

You ok?

You ok?

Let me check. OK, I'm back. Yup, I'm OK. How you doin'?

If 80% of the players are black, and blacks only constitute 12% of the population, then shouldn't the NFL have special outreach programs for white players instead of for black coaches?

Here's my point, and I won't play the innocent, the reason that 80% of players are black is because these players beat out white players, most likely due to the genetics supporting their athletic abilities. Coaching is not athleticism, it's a thinking position, and just as blacks have an advantage on the field, whites have SHOWN themselves to have an advantage in coaching.

The stakes are high in football. Teams want to win. It would be idiocy to hire white coaches who lose and overlook black coaches who win. I doubt that this is happening. Is it?

This racial and sexual bean counting is atrocious. Is there not ONE area in American culture that can be immune from the Leftist identity garbage? Can't football be a place where skill and merit reign supreme?
ROFL blacks are not better athletes.

You ok?

Let me check. OK, I'm back. Yup, I'm OK. How you doin'?
great...

ROFL blacks are not better athletes.

Sure they are.. and better people too. Just ask one. It's no secret that every person of color believes deep down that caucasians are not worthy of power. That whites are either weak or evil.

I'm no fan of what happened with slavery. That said the ones that came from Africa lived in brutal and crude conditions guided by witch doctors and "evil spirits". For the most part they still do.

That's not to say that many whites are any better. Blacks can point to what is probably a majority of willfully ignorant caucasians that believe in just as much nonsense.

Face it...most people are stupid. I would guess that less than 10% of the people in this country are actually intelligent. The catch 22 is that smart people know that this world of idiots isn't worth saving so they just keep their heads down and make the best of it.

If you have any doubt go listen to some rap "music?" and try to understand that this noise and "reality" television like "Big Brother" are the most popular forms of entertainment.

Me? I like watching NFL football. It gives me a sense that I am winning. I realize it is a silly concept but if I think too hard about it I have to admit that many/most people of my heritage care that dark skinned people are getting more than their share. How does THAT make anyone feel better about their world?

You guys actually know how many favors have been called in at the NFL level for the past 50 years? This goes on all the time. It's a freaking practice squad on the team with one of the worst defenses and he rates practice squad.

Favors are done in business all the time. It can't hurt Dallas, it makes gays think the NFL is looking out for gays. It's a win/win.

There's a guy that got cut and was signed so he could keep his insurance because his kid has cancer. Anyone care to bitch about it?

You guys actually know how many favors have been called in at the NFL level for the past 50 years? This goes on all the time. It's a freaking practice squad on the team with one of the worst defenses and he rates practice squad.

Favors are done in business all the time. It can't hurt Dallas, it makes gays think the NFL is looking out for gays. It's a win/win.

There's a guy that got cut and was signed so he could keep his insurance because his kid has cancer. Anyone care to bitch about it?

I don't give a shit about Michael sam

Hey hey. Another topic with St Louis ties for me. After watching some Michael Sam and listening to tons of local talk show guys I figured the Rams would at least sign him and be able to trade him for a 5th or 6th round pick next year.

The man has pass rush skills and it is a passing league!

I understand the Rams have a deep defensive line but Fisher just wasn't imaginitive enough IMO.

More importantly the Rams had at least a reason to cut Sam. He was the least good player on a very deep defensive line. Many of these other teams, wow. Maybe I am a poor judge of talent but I figured Sam could earn 20 snaps a game on half the teams in the league.

IMO again that is why the league office was apparently making calls. It was obvious Sam belonged in the league.

Then again, I played football in HS and something about the team atmosphere in that sport really turned me off. Maybe some teams are different but I can see an openly gay man having trouble in that environment.

Hey hey. Another topic with St Louis ties for me. After watching some Michael Sam and listening to tons of local talk show guys I figured the Rams would at least sign him and be able to trade him for a 5th or 6th round pick next year.

The man has pass rush skills and it is a passing league!

I understand the Rams have a deep defensive line but Fisher just wasn't imaginitive enough IMO.

More importantly the Rams had at least a reason to cut Sam. He was the least good player on a very deep defensive line. Many of these other teams, wow. Maybe I am a poor judge of talent but I figured Sam could earn 20 snaps a game on half the teams in the league.

IMO again that is why the league office was apparently making calls. It was obvious Sam belonged in the league.

Then again, I played football in HS and something about the team atmosphere in that sport really turned me off. Maybe some teams are different but I can see an openly gay man having trouble in that environment.

The guy was a 7th round pick, he couldn't make the cut, how do you justify him being worth more? Teams saw his potential and passed on him, the Rams cut him, he made a practice squad, on a team with defensive problems.

If he could play, he'd be on the roster.

Another fake and scripted "sport" the WWE wanted Sam to appear on Monday Night RAW before he got signed to the CowBums.

(Insert "RAW" Homosexual joke here)

See, the WWE knows that Sam is just a ratings boosting sideshow freak. When will you Sports Zombies admit it too?

Another fake and scripted "sport" the WWE wanted Sam to appear on Monday Night RAW before he got signed to the CowBums.

(Insert "RAW" Homosexual joke here)

See, the WWE knows that Sam is just a ratings boosting sideshow freak. When will you Sports Zombies admit it too?
^ I'll admit you are a retarded homophobic bigot.

Memorizing sports stats of players and teams will never make you an Alpha Male RKMBrown.

The NFL is a "TV Show" and nothing more.

Forum List

Back