The new Tesla Roadster

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
The original Tesla Roadster was a breakthrough in technology. It showed that electric cars were not just a novelty or a commuter car. It was fast. It was sexy (it had a body from a Lotus). And it had a 200+ mile range.

The new Tesla Roadster for 2020 is even more amazing. 0-60 in 1.9 seconds. Top speed of over 250 mph. And a range of over 600 miles. And it still looks sexy (even without a body by Lotus).

The quarter mile gets done in 8.8 seconds. 0-100 in 4.2 seconds. Make sure your head is on the headrest when you punch it. You don't want whiplash.

Yea sure. Still haven’t seen it do any laps on any GP course.
Otherwise 0-60 times don’t mean jack shit to people serious about sports cars.

The original Tesla Roadster was a breakthrough in technology. It showed that electric cars were not just a novelty or a commuter car. It was fast. It was sexy (it had a body from a Lotus). And it had a 200+ mile range.

The new Tesla Roadster for 2020 is even more amazing. 0-60 in 1.9 seconds. Top speed of over 250 mph. And a range of over 600 miles. And it still looks sexy (even without a body by Lotus).

The quarter mile gets done in 8.8 seconds. 0-100 in 4.2 seconds. Make sure your head is on the headrest when you punch it. You don't want whiplash.
Yeah but can it do the Kessel run in 12 parsecs?

Not believing the 600 mile range. There's a lot of caveats there I'm sure.. Like a mode that doesn't allow any of that juvenile friendly whiplash producing performance.. OR the heater or the air conditioner, AND it's all highway mileage, and it's mostly downhill....

Tesla is pushing past the safe limits for charge/discharge loads on those batteries and adding MORE battery means just larger spontaneous combustions... :ack-1: and a bigger toxic clean-up. AND an enviro armaggedon of an electric waste stream.....

600 mile range??? Uh I call BS. No way on an electric vehicle.

I will get one when they hit the used lots for under 5K.

I just said to myself the other day: I need a car that goes from 0-60 in 1.9 seconds. o_O

Better still to go 250 mph so that they can lock me away forever so I never drive again and they take my car that I just blew a quarter million on.

I just said to myself the other day: I need a car that goes from 0-60 in 1.9 seconds. o_O

Better still to go 250 mph so that they can lock me away forever so I never drive again and they take my car that I just blew a quarter million on.
And just imagine the car crashes one could create with those speeds.You just know some Calimoron is going to kill himself and a bunch of other people doing 200+.

However all that performance does come at the price of being a net gross polluter.

Yea sure. Still haven’t seen it do any laps on any GP course.
Otherwise 0-60 times don’t mean jack shit to people serious about sports cars.

Hard to believe it can go 600 miles on a charge, but the acceleration and top speed will beat the Indy cars easily.

Forum List

Back