Corvette E-RAY VIN 001 Sells for $1.1 Million

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
Rick Hendrick bought it at the 2023 Palm Beach Barrett-Jackson Auction.

$1,150,000 was the final price on it.

Per Barret-Jackson, the entire price will go to supporting a charitable organization focused on education.

6.2L LT2 V-8 engine. All-wheel-drive. Its eAWD system makes it the only sports car to blend naturally aspirated V-8 power with electrified responsiveness. It's also the fastest production Corvette ever, achieving 0-60 mph in just 2.5 seconds and completing the quarter-mile in 10.5 seconds.

The E-ray’s 6.2L LT2 V-8 delivers 495 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque to the rear axle, alongside an electric motor that adds 160 horsepower and 125 lb-ft of torque through the front wheels via a 1.9 kWh battery pack. The total combined output of the E-Ray is 655 horsepower.

The E-Ray’s battery system does not require plug-in charging, as it is charged through regenerative energy from coasting, braking, and normal driving.

Additional features include Stealth Mode for electric driving up to 45 mph, a new lightweight lithium-ion 12-volt battery, a standard Brembo Carbon Ceramic brake system, and Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 with three distinct suspension settings.

The 2023 Corvette E-ray goes on sale this year, with a starting MSRP of $104,2954 for the 1LZ coupe and $111,295 for the 1LZ convertible model, but the wait lists are long and there are far too many dealerships trying to charge over MRSP. Production will take place, as always, at GM’s Bowling Green Assembly facility in Kentucky.

Corvette-E-Ray-VIN-001.jpeg

Last edited:
Personally, if I were to buy a C8, I'd skip the E-Ray and go for the 2023 Stingray or a Z06.

Not really into the electric thing.

I like a nice rumble.

But...placing my own preference aside, the E-Ray is one powerful ride. It's just a shame they basically copied the Ferrari body style with the C8. Corvette has always been known for its originality.

Supposedly the Corvette SUV will be hitting the assembly line, too. Dunno when.

Last edited:
Personally, if I were to buy a C8, I'd skip the E-Ray and go for the 2023 Stingray or a Z06.

Not really into the electric thing.

I like a nice rumble.

But...placing my own preference aside, the E-Ray is one powerful ride. It's just a shame they basically copied the Ferrari body style with the C8. Corvette has always been known for its originality.

Supposedly the Corvette SUV will be hitting the assembly line , too. Dunno when.
Yes, they ripped off Ferrari, but its still a good look and they perform brilliantly. The new Corvettes are effectively "supercars" at 1/10th the price. Corvettes used to be powerful, but squirrely as fuck. Now they are legit track beasts.

Yes, they ripped off Ferrari, but its still a good look and they perform brilliantly. The new Corvettes are effectively "supercars" at 1/10th the price. Corvettes used to be powerful, but squirrely as fuck. Now they are legit track beasts.

Yep. They're definitely in the supercar class.

There's a lot of fatcat track junkies over on the vette board lined up waiting for the E-Ray, too. It's probably gonna blow everything away they throw at it.

Yep. They're definitely in the supercar class.

There's a lot of fatcat track junkies over on the vette board lined up waiting for the E-Ray, too. It's probably gonna blow everything away they throw at it.
Those extra electric motors do wonders for acceleration. It makes a massive difference. Im starting to see kids rig up their cars with a "do it yourself" electric motor in the trunk now, or at least on youtube ive seen it. Combined with a fuel guzzling V8, its a sick combo.

Forum List

Back