Handy survival tips for if the SHTF.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
"These guys believe that a 350 billion dollar tax cut will stimulate the economy, and they are full of shit. Because they don't know what stimulates the economy. The economy goes up, it goes down, it goes up, it goes down, it goes up, it goes down, nobody knows why the fuck it happens."
Lewis Black 2004

"These guys believe that a 350 billion dollar tax cut will stimulate the economy, and they are full of shit. Because they don't know what stimulates the economy. The economy goes up, it goes down, it goes up, it goes down, it goes up, it goes down, nobody knows why the fuck it happens."
Lewis Black 2004

Times a wasting

djdjjjf.png
znshhshshjs.jpg
ghhhggh.jpg

I hate to break it to you, but the shite already hit the proverbial fan with a whimper instead of bang.

Believe me, I'm the someone who, since 1978, can't go to a shopping mall without thinking of how to block up the ground floor entrances and which food court foods will stay edible the longest.

We got our apocalypse. Not with zombies, or triffids, or semi-naked crazed bikers after our gasoline, but with a bad flu season.

We got an apocalypse where we still had to pay our bills, we still had to go to work (assuming we still had work), we didn't loose power, or The Internet, or Netflix. We couldn't loot, or pillage, or create roving gangs of wasteland warriors to scavenge for food and old tires to make body armor.

Apparently, we decided all it takes to destroy our economy and push humans into a new Dark Age was to have someone in charge tell us to stay home and mask up.

I am disappointed beyond words.

I hate to break it to you, but the shite already hit the proverbial fan with a whimper instead of bang.

Believe me, I'm the someone who, since 1978, can't go to a shopping mall without thinking of how to block up the ground floor entrances and which food court foods will stay edible the longest.

We got our apocalypse. Not with zombies, or triffids, or semi-naked crazed bikers after our gasoline, but with a bad flu season.

We got an apocalypse where we still had to pay our bills, we still had to go to work (assuming we still had work), we didn't loose power, or The Internet, or Netflix. We couldn't loot, or pillage, or create roving gangs of wasteland warriors to scavenge for food and old tires to make body armor.

Apparently, we decided all it takes to destroy our economy and push humans into a new Dark Age was to have someone in charge tell us to stay home and mask up.

I am disappointed beyond words.
I remember 1978 I know 1978 you're not 1978
Sure I was 11 but still !

I get what you're saying .....indeed BUT the bang is yet to come
The former USA is gonna show up on everyone's doorstep ...
This is a level of insanity that's destroyed other countries ...theyre not gonna dial It down or back ....its only going to progress

Will Walmart ever be open 24 hours again ?
That's my big question at this point.
Don't know, don't care. I'm not going to hike 3/4 of a mile all the way to the back of that huge building just to save 7 cents on a quart of oil. Their latest Super Center might be great for their business, but they lost me as a customer when they built a store that big.

Don't know, don't care. I'm not going to hike 3/4 of a mile all the way to the back of that huge building just to save 7 cents on a quart of oil. Their latest Super Center might be great for their business, but they lost me as a customer when they built a store that big.
Most Supercenters I've seen have at least 3 entrances, and they also have customer pick-up orders where you call in what you want and they bring it to your car, so you lost me there. It can't get much more convenient than that.

And they'll make good FEMA camps when the SHTF.

Most Supercenters I've seen have at least 3 entrances, and they also have customer pick-up orders where you call in what you want and they bring it to your car, so you lost me there. It can't get much more convenient than that.
The monstrosity they built here didn't get that notice. They will bring groceries to your car, but for anything else, you gotta hike.

Forum List

Back