The new and appoved Seattle Seahawk thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by antiquity, Aug 14, 2017.

1. antiquity

antiquity Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    I watched the Seahawk/Chargers game last night and was amazed at the large amount of Seahawk fans at the game...with a stadium of only 27-29K seats it is a sad day for NFL football in Los Angles. The stadium was only about 3/4 full for the Chargers game and a lot appeared were Seattle fans.

I wonder if a buyer will come forward and buy the Charger franchise and move the team to a more supportive city.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  2. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,157
    This is exactly what I said would happen.:lmao: I said way back during football season that the Chargers would have the exact same problem the Rams experienced when they moved to st louis.

Other than the Warner/Faulk years in st louis,the Rams the majority of their time in st louis for 22 years,always had a half empty stadium with the few fans that did show up always being from the opposing team.:lmao: Thats what will continue to happen with the chargers as well..It has nothing to do with being a preseason game.:D

It was a sad day indeed for NFL football in Los Angeles for the Chargers thats for sure,theres no doubt about that.:biggrin:

I dont know why it amazes you that most the fans there were Seahawk fans.

there are no Charger fans in LA whatsoever.This is exactly what I expected to see in the stands because most Charger fans in san diego that were polled,to their credit,they said they would not go up there to LA and watch them and I commend them for their loyalty to their city.:thup:

I said this last spring and I'll say it again.Bringing in another NFL football team in LA other than the Rams is suicide for the NFL.

I think everybody here can agree two teams in LA has NEVER worked. The NFL never pays attention to history of course though.

LA is Rams country.They could care less about the Chargers OR Raiders.Last year when the Rams had their first preseason game,as you can see in this pic below,it was a packed house,not an empty seat in the house.

[​IMG]

Contrast this to the Chargers game in this pic below.:lmao:Looks like the NFL is too embarrassed to post any pics of the tiny turnout at the Chargers game because this is the ONLY pic I could find. these are LOWER level seats and yet very few bodies in them.same as the Rams days in st louis.:rofl::lmao:

[​IMG]

"ALSO" contrast this preseason game in LA against the Seahawks against the Seahawks/Chargers home opener in SAN DIEGO two years ago.as you see in the video below,a packed house,not one empty seat and the majority were not Seahawk fans either.:D

I have a hard time believing that after this season when Spanos finds that only about 20,000 fans show up for each game all year ,that he will be so embarrassed he will want to go back to San Diego in a heartbeat.:rofl:

In this video below in the link NFL on twitter,you see some Seahawk fans in the stands celebrating after intercepting Rivers for a touchdown.I cant find it now but I also saw a picture of the fans in the stands of this interception and i could tell the majority of them were all jumping up and down celebrating which proves the majority that showed up were indeed Seahawk fans.:haha::lmao::rofl:

NFL on Twitter

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  3. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,157
    check this out below.:D

Despite the fact that it's only preseason, when teams move there's usually a certain buzz around a team's first game in a new stadium. The Los Angeles Chargers' move, however, has been controversial from the jump. For their preseason opener on Sunday night, 21,054 fans went to the StubHub Center (which has a capacity of 27,000) to see the Chargers get routed by the Seahawks. For comparison, the Los Angeles Galaxy of the MLS had 25,667 in attendance the previous night.:lmao:

the number of no-shows Sunday night seemed stark considering that StubHub is less than half the size of every other NFL stadium and the Chargers, with a high-powered offense, were playing their first game in a new city after moving from San Diego.:lmao::rofl::haha:

The smallest crowd the Chargers drew in Qualcomm Stadium last season was 52,165 for their home opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars. They drew 46,524 and 47,407 for preseason home games against the Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers.

52,165 for the pitiful Jaguars and 47,407 for the pitiful Niners as well in PRE SEASON games?

Thats pretty impressive especially considering that last year everybody knew they were leaving them.:thup:

I mentioned that there are no charger fans in LA which is why they will always have the same problem all year long the Rams always had in st louis,a half empty stadium with most fans being from the opposing team.:lmao::rofl:

Here is the proof.When the LA Times polled NFL fans in LA what team they wanted back the most these were the results,these results also happened in a nationwide poll by ESPN as well.

1.Rams came in first with 60% of the vote.
    2.Raiders came in 2nd with 35%.
    3.Chargers? third place with just a mere 5% of the vote.:rofl:

Even the Raiders always had half empty stadiums there only attracting gang members which was why the NFL did not want them as the second team there but they at least have MUCH more fans than the Chargers there.:lmao:

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  4. Borillar

Borillar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,589
    A sad day indeed when Spanos loaded up the U-Hauls and moved the Chargers out of San Diego up to LA. After his big fuck you to the fans in San Diego, I wonder if they would welcome the franchise back or would it have to return under new ownership?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,157
    Yeah I think the only way the Charger fans in san diego would ever welcome them back is if Dean sold the team to his sons.They after all wanted to stay in san diego.

Unless spanos doesnt care about small crowds of only 20,000 or so for games and only 5,000 of them being charger fans,I dont know WHY he would want to stay there in LA.I mean WHY would you want to stay in LA and have crowds like THIS at all your games all year long every year?

Smaller stadium,Smaller crowds,Same result.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

when you can have THIS in San Diego all year long in these two pics below?:cuckoo:

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  6. Dale Smith

Dale Smith Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,415

I was a huge fan of the San Diego Chargers. They were my favorite team growing up because they passed the ball and had bad ass receivers like Lance Alworth and Gary Garrison and their uniforms were bad ass. I don't see any way that Los Angeles will ever support them. I think this move will end up biting them in the ass in a big way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,157

Yeah like I said earlier I have a hard time believing that spanos after seeing all those empty seats at all those games wont want to go back to san diego in a heartbeat after this season.Lol If he doesn't,well i guess he actually doesn't care about empty seats.

that is so cool to hear that the chargers were your favorite team growing up.:thup: Like you said so well,they uniforms were bad ass.:thup: If not for the Rams,thwy would have been my favorite team growing up as well but the Rams uniforms in LA were even more bad ass so they were my fave. the chargers were my second favorite though because their uniform colors are the same.they were both bad ass though with the yellow pants they always wore.:):thup:

8. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,157
    check out these 2 short videos,this is comedy gold,this guy nails it saying exactly what i said how last year the Rams filled a 90.000 seat stadium with not an empty seat in the house and the chargers could not even fill a 27,000 seat stadium with just a mere 20,000 that turned out.:haha:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  9. antiquity

antiquity Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Sorry to report that Offensive lineman George Fant went down with a major injury. The Hawks can ill afford any injuries to offensive linemen. Other wise the Hawk looked reasonable well in the game against the Vikings who will probably challenge the Packers in the NFL North. I am really excited about Williams at WR...impressive over the first two preseason games.
    I have three concerns so far that I have seen though...one: Offensive line still weak. Two: defensive backs having trouble with the long pass and Three: lack of a pass rush.

Your thoughts and observations so far....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Borillar

Borillar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,589
    Hope the Seachix don't have the injury bug. Hit the Vikes really bad last season. Always hate to see injuries like this in pointless preseason games.