The new and appoved Seattle Seahawk thread

Now I know why Griffin was picked over Lane...Lane is considered trade bait.
Not real surprised that Austin Davis will be backup...Boykin was/is pick prone.
I was surprised that Williams was cut...he made some spectacular catches in the pre-season. I hope he is put on the taxi squad.

Some interesting trades and I hope they pan out....Kearse had a so-so season last year so I guess he was expendable.
Rubin was expendable because of the acquisition of Sheldon Richardson.

I heard about this by accident.I was looking at the sports section to check the baseball standings since it is getting close to playoff time and saw a big headline on that the other day.
I was surprised to hear the Seahawks let go of Kearse for Richardson. I dont get that at all.Kearse has always made some great clutch catches for them over the years.Like the catch that SHOULD have set up the game winning touchdown in that superbowl in the final minute where they SHOULD have been back to back superbowl champs .

The Seahawks already have a loaded and talented defense.I can see them wanting to get Richardson for depth but to give up Kearse for him I dont think was worth the price and imo it will hurt them in the long run.the only thing i can think of on why Schneider was willing to part with Kearse is he has a couple of young guys in place that have been groomed to replace him that he is confidant in i guess.

Now I know why Griffin was picked over Lane...Lane is considered trade bait.
Not real surprised that Austin Davis will be backup...Boykin was/is pick prone.
I was surprised that Williams was cut...he made some spectacular catches in the pre-season. I hope he is put on the taxi squad.

Some interesting trades and I hope they pan out....Kearse had a so-so season last year so I guess he was expendable.
Rubin was expendable because of the acquisition of Sheldon Richardson.

I heard about this by accident.I was looking at the sports section to check the baseball standings since it is getting close to playoff time and saw a big headline on that the other day.
I was surprised to hear the Seahawks let go of Kearse for Richardson. I dont get that at all.Kearse has always made some great clutch catches for them over the years.Like the catch that SHOULD have set up the game winning touchdown in that superbowl in the final minute where they SHOULD have been back to back superbowl champs .

The Seahawks already have a loaded and talented defense.I can see them wanting to get Richardson for depth but to give up Kearse for him I dont think was worth the price and imo it will hurt them in the long run.the only thing i can think of on why Schneider was willing to part with Kearse is he has a couple of young guys in place that have been groomed to replace him that he is confidant in i guess.

I was expecting Kearse to be traded and I can understand why they went after Richardson for two reason...one: Salary cap and two: I think the Seahawks lack a decent pass rush and hopes to shore it up with this trade. Kearse had a down year last year and maybe that is another reason the coaching staff thought he was expendable.
When I heard about the possibility of a Kearse trade I thought the outstanding catches that Williams made in the preseason was the reason but for some strange reason Williams was cut and picked up by Cleveland...poor Williams...Cleveland the death bed of good football players.

The offensive line especially in the first half didn't do their job..there was a improvement in the second some what.
I noticed a big difference in decision making by Wilson, either he and his receivers weren't on the same page or play calling by the coaching didn't account for what the Packer defense was giving them.
What I mean by this is when Rodgers was pressured, and he was most of the game, he was able to make plays.....When Wilson was pressured not so much.

I think the biggest goof by officials was when Graham was mugged in the end zone...an obvious foul.

The offensive line especially in the first half didn't do their job..there was a improvement in the second some what.
I noticed a big difference in decision making by Wilson, either he and his receivers weren't on the same page or play calling by the coaching didn't account for what the Packer defense was giving them.
What I mean by this is when Rodgers was pressured, and he was most of the game, he was able to make plays.....When Wilson was pressured not so much.

I think the biggest goof by officials was when Graham was mugged in the end zone...an obvious foul.

Yeah I was down at a restaurant and watching the Rams game on a big screen on the wall and next to it they were showing the Seahawks game as well and I saw that and i could not believe it,,this is suppose to be a day and age when you cant touch the receivers and they were MUGGING him and they were not called for pass intereference? what B.S

Dont forget the other horrible call where they called whats his name blocking Aaron Rodgers on the interception that was returned for a touchdown back because they said it was block in the back when it showed it was only from the side,a legal hit.Even Howie Long at the halftime show said he did not agree with that call.

Seahawk fans were really screwed in this game having the Packers benefit from some hometown reffing.

That is why I am done with the NFL.Other than the rams home opener i said i would watch and the niners two games,i wont watch the NFL this year INCLUDING the rams other than those 3 games,i have turned to college football. go UCLA.:thup:

I think Seattle and the NY Giants have the two worst offensive lines in football. Neither team could protect their QBs. Unless both these teams get line help, I don't see either team making the Super Bowl.

I think Seattle and the NY Giants have the two worst offensive lines in football. Neither team could protect their QBs. Unless both these teams get line help, I don't see either team making the Super Bowl.

Eh....Wilson was sacked three times but Rodgers was sacked four times....Seattle out gained Green Bay on the ground... in fact GB had 28 carries for only 84 yards (3 yds per carry) compared to Seattle only 18 carries for 90 yards (5 yds a carry), adding that Seattle couldn't afford to run the ball much in the latter stages of the game because they were playing catch up.

Yes Seattle offensive line struggled in the first half but did fairly well in the second half. Both quarterbacks had to scramble most of the game. The difference was Rodgers could make the plays on the run and Wilson couldn't. One big difference was GB had the ball over 39 minutes to Seattle's just under 21.

Eh....Wilson was sacked three times but Rodgers was sacked four times....Seattle out gained Green Bay on the ground... in fact GB had 28 carries for only 84 yards (3 yds per carry) compared to Seattle only 18 carries for 90 yards (5 yds a carry), adding that Seattle couldn't afford to run the ball much in the latter stages of the game because they were playing catch up.

Yes Seattle offensive line struggled in the first half but did fairly well in the second half. Both quarterbacks had to scramble most of the game. The difference was Rodgers could make the plays on the run and Wilson couldn't. One big difference was GB had the ball over 39 minutes to Seattle's just under 21.

the MAIN difference though was they had the home town refs in their pockets.Had this game been officiated FAIRLY,no way in hell do the packers win this game. Rodgers interception for a touchdown by the seahawks that Howie Long criticised them for would never have been called back and there is no way they would not have converted on 1st and goal on the one had they made the appropriate call against the packers defenders mugging Graham in the end zone.

Thats 14 points taken off the board for the seahawks right there.

I am so sick and tired of these home town refs afraid of the crowds if they make the correct calls. NFL football really disgusts me. I cant ever remember it being so bad where the packers always had the refs behind them in years past as they do now. Borriler nailed it on another thread when he said he should have known better than to pick against the pack in green bay stating how the Pack always has the refs in their pockets down there. He was talking about that as well.

Lets look at the closely...Seattle had 21 first downs to 11 for SF. Seattle held SF to 89 passing yards. Rushing, yes Seattle give up two long runs that only produced one field goal for SF. Seattle had zero turnovers.
Nine penalties didn't help and a lot of those penalties were just plain stupid on Seattle's part. My God... blocking in the back on a punt return is so stupid. So is offensive and defensive holding...come on.... these are supposedly professional football players who should know by now the rules. Jumping off sides or lining up off sides is another act of stupidity.

Now I agree with Hemlock140 that the offensive line is a problem, a major problem. Wilson having to roll out is not a good game plan but a necessity. Wilson was sacked three time when he stayed in the pocket.

Now in my opinion, Seattle better look long and hard at both Rawls and Lacy as having any real meaningful contribution to this team. Rawls, who only carried the ball five times for a lousy four yards, has not shown he has it any longer since he broke his ankle last year. He seems to me as very tentative. Not sure about Lacy but the coaching staff seems not to want to use him at this time. I am wondering what is going on with both players.

Its Seattle defensive that is their greatest strong point and yesterday and the game against GB shows they are the reason the Seahawks will most likely make the playoffs...but beyond that and poor play by Wilson and poor play calling by Bevell, I don't think the SuperBowl is in Seattle destiny.

Atlanta looked very good on both sides of the ball, granted Atlanta doesn't have a defense as good as Seattle's, however, it is a good D and a good offense that can run or pass and makes them difficult to defend.

Seattle also has no team that will contend for the NFC West. SF is terrible, Rams are average at best and Arizona looks like an 0-16 team, more than a team that could contend for a division title.

Well after a very slow start the Hawks erupt in the second half both on offense and defense and got a good lopsided win. Injuries, a lot of injuries didn't seems to slow the defense down. Seattle out passed Indy 295 to 157 and out rushed them 194 to 98....no Seattle player rushed for more than 52 yards but five players got plenty of yards combined.

Griffin stepped in and did a good job in place of Lane and Smith like wise did good in place of Avril. Seattle defense forced Brissett to throw wildly and Indy paid the price especially in the second half.

Seattle made a step in the right direction for a change in holding their penalties down.

I can see some important improvement in the offensive line which has been one of my concerns this season.

Well after a very slow start the Hawks erupt in the second half both on offense and defense and got a good lopsided win. Injuries, a lot of injuries didn't seems to slow the defense down. Seattle out passed Indy 295 to 157 and out rushed them 194 to 98....no Seattle player rushed for more than 52 yards but five players got plenty of yards combined.

Griffin stepped in and did a good job in place of Lane and Smith like wise did good in place of Avril. Seattle defense forced Brissett to throw wildly and Indy paid the price especially in the second half.

Seattle made a step in the right direction for a change in holding their penalties down.

I can see some important improvement in the offensive line which has been one of my concerns this season.

I quit watching all NFL football until they get their crap together and provide entertainment over politics, I'm done.

I quit watching all NFL football until they get their crap together and provide entertainment over politics, I'm done.

In the game last night between the Chiefs and the Skins.... only one Kansas City player sat out the Anthem. I didn't watch the beginning of any of the other games so I can't comment on what happened. Also I stopped watching the talking heads on all the pre-game shows.
Things will change back as soon as it starts affecting the Networks, players and owners pocket book. Endorsements, dropped ads and empty seats.....

In the game last night between the Chiefs and the Skins.... only one Kansas City player sat out the Anthem. I didn't watch the beginning of any of the other games so I can't comment on what happened. Also I stopped watching the talking heads on all the pre-game shows.
Things will change back as soon as it starts affecting the Networks, players and owners pocket book. Endorsements, dropped ads and empty seats.....

It may or may not change and I may or may not go back to watching or following football. As having friends and relatives that died for the rights of players to demonstrate they have all the right to protest in a poor manner. I have a right to protest the players and the NFL for handling it the way they have. I got to watch a lot of college games this weekend and enjoyed the game. As for Michael Bennett, the poor oppressed black man that lied about his encounter with the Las Vegas police, I have no respect for him. To lie about his encounter, especially after the events of yesterday put his foolishness in a whole new light. Loved how the poor oppressed Bennett used his NFL privilege to get him out of his situation.

Seahawks win on the road! Against the Giants who are ranked close to the bottom in the power rankings....Sure Seattle's win was against the team that the previous week beat a wannabe contender in the AFC West and eastern sports writers were touting an amazing come back by the Giants and talking about the playoffs.
But that win against Denver and crushing lost at home against Seattle put things in prospective. The Giants win against Denver who looks like crap at the moment after getting shut out by the hapless Chargers. I am sure John Elway is looking for another quarterback as I type this. I wonder if the Giants are also looking? Sure the Giants are hurting with numerous injuries, but at this stage of the season all teams have injuries, some team coop better or just plain have no depth. Obviously the Giants don't and the Hawks do.

Wilson has led the Hawks in 23 fourth quarter comebacks and this one will be long remembered. Even the Golden Tate catch in the endzone against Green Bay can't approach this win.

Now back to reality...Seattle's offensive line still sucks big time. Rees Odliambo couldn't stop a 90 year old women in a wheel chair from getting into the back field. The defensive line, even with five sacks, didn't really apply enough pressure on Watson consistently. Seattle really needs Avril back.
When Watson rolled out, no one was even in his face until he was at least 5-10 yards downfield. Seems to me the coaching staff didn't do a very good job with a defense aimed to stop Watson. After all he was/is the leading quarterback rushing leader in the NFL.
Sherman didn't seem to take this game very seriously until his first of two picks woke him up. Griffin, although I see some improvement is still a work in progress. Ten penalties? Damn... I wish some of the Hawks players would review the rules of the game.

Actually what, in my opinion, did the Houston Texans in was that long run late in the forth quarter to take the lead....Why? Because Houston defensive had just came off the field after a long drive by Seattle and had to go back on defense with little rest and Seattle just ripped them apart in the last minute and 39 seconds with no time outs against the very tired defense.

Defensively the Hawks didn't not play very good overall. Offensively Wilson, without a lot of help from his offensive line, had to put on an amazing show to pull this game out. 41-38

Seattle beats Washington in every aspect of the game except the score board.
Lets look at the stats of the game...
Seattle out rushed the Redskins, 148 to 51. Out passed them 289 to 193. Sacked Cousins 6 times to Wilson being sack twice. Held time of possession by nearly five minutes. The 16 Penalties was one of the major difference and that has to be corrected. Unfortunately Wilson was the leading rusher with 10 carries for 77 yards. Lacy, and his run up and fall down didn't help the team on bit. Rawls did a little better but the coaching staff refuse to use him until Lacy got hurt again.

Again was plagued with the penalty bug...again. 45 penalty yards on Arizona first touchdown drive...unacceptable. But a win is a win....especially when it comes on the road.

Forum List

Back