The nanny state is at it again...

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
Pensioner's red, white, and blue election protest poster is branded 'racist' by police | Mail Online

A pensioner who put up a red, white and blue election poster telling voters to kick out MPs was accused of racism by police.

After being inundated by canvassing politcians, Roy Newman, 74, decided to tell other voters: ‘GET THE LOT OUT.’

But 90 minutes after he put up the homemade sign up in an upstairs room at his house, two police officers arrived and threatened with arrest.

They said the Union Jack-coloured lettering on a white background could be considered 'racist'.

He was told there had been a single complaint and he was ordered to remove it or change it otherwise he would end up in court .

But the former Tory councillor, from North Anston, near Rotherham, South Yorkshire, said police had misunderstood his message.

He said : ‘My sign is up there because the MPs and council leadership we have in place at the moment are a load of rubbish and I want them out, nothing more.

‘The police told me that due to the fact that the words were written in red and blue and the background was white, my sign had racist connotations.

Read more: Pensioner's red, white, and blue election protest poster is branded 'racist' by police | Mail Online

article-0-095F4403000005DC-83_468x623.jpg

From the same newspaper.

Muslim daubs war memorial with 'Islam will dominate the world' - but walks free after CPS says he was NOT racially motivated
By JAMES TOZER
Last updated at 11:30 PM on 30th April 2010
Comments (405)
Add to My Stories

A Muslim protester who daubed a war memorial with graffiti glorifying Osama Bin Laden and proclaiming 'Islam will dominate the world' walked free from court after prosecutors ruled his actions were not motivated by religion.

Read more: British Muslim daubs war memorial with Islamic slogans... but CPS says he was NOT racially motivated | Mail Online

I predict that the British National Party (BNP) will do very well in the UK Elections in May. The BNP are a racist organization but this sort of unfair treatment of British people will drive people to vote for the BNP. Britain is a disgrace.

The article didn't explain how it was supposed to be racist. :confused:

All patriotic colors are racist now. Didn't you get the memo?

Oh.... damn. :doubt:

Ok, so I'll trash the American flag bikini, but can I keep my NASCAR t-shirts?

I need to see pics of you in the bikini before I can determine if it is racist.

I'm the nanny states new bikini inspector. I'm doing it for the children.

Sorry, it's too late. I tossed it in the barbeque and lit it up. I didn't want to offend anyone.

Oh.... damn. :doubt:

Ok, so I'll trash the American flag bikini, but can I keep my NASCAR t-shirts?

I need to see pics of you in the bikini before I can determine if it is racist.

I'm the nanny states new bikini inspector. I'm doing it for the children.

Sorry, it's too late. I tossed it in the barbeque and lit it up. I didn't want to offend anyone.

Hey, nude photos work too...

Pensioner's red, white, and blue election protest poster is branded 'racist' by police | Mail Online

A pensioner who put up a red, white and blue election poster telling voters to kick out MPs was accused of racism by police.

After being inundated by canvassing politcians, Roy Newman, 74, decided to tell other voters: ‘GET THE LOT OUT.’

But 90 minutes after he put up the homemade sign up in an upstairs room at his house, two police officers arrived and threatened with arrest.

They said the Union Jack-coloured lettering on a white background could be considered 'racist'.

He was told there had been a single complaint and he was ordered to remove it or change it otherwise he would end up in court .

But the former Tory councillor, from North Anston, near Rotherham, South Yorkshire, said police had misunderstood his message.

He said : ‘My sign is up there because the MPs and council leadership we have in place at the moment are a load of rubbish and I want them out, nothing more.

‘The police told me that due to the fact that the words were written in red and blue and the background was white, my sign had racist connotations.

Read more: Pensioner's red, white, and blue election protest poster is branded 'racist' by police | Mail Online

article-0-095F4403000005DC-83_468x623.jpg

It's hard to believe this was once the most powerful nation on the planet.

The EU poltically correct culture at work.

The message is what was thought 'racist' I bet, the police just couldn't say that so came up with the colors which is ludicrous.

And I'll bet the 'complaint' came from someone who follows the religion of peace.

Forum List

Back