The Naked Emperor

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mr.Fitnah, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. beowolfe

beowolfe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +204
    Chickens coming home to roost?

3. Oldandtired

Oldandtired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +349
    was reconciliation ever used for something as big as healthcare?

Was it ever used when polls showed that about half of the Amereican people were against the legislation?

Or was it used when they needed to decide if new chairs were needed in the House...and most were not around to cast their votes?

4. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,464
    I wonder what percentage of that 50% voted against it had actually read and studied into it.............what % of that 50% heard and ran with some of the debunked/sensationalized talking points and dismissed it simply based on those................I'd be curious to know these things before I say "do exactly as the public polls you should do!"

5. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    No one has read the bill.

6. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,628
    Shit.

War and Peace ain't got nothing on that 2,0000 odd page clusterfuck of a bill.

Does anyone serioiusly think any of the Clown in DC would actually read it?? Jeeze.

7. Ragnar

Ragnar <--- Pic is not me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +843

From the 2005 era video... Dianne Feinstein: &#8220;it begins with judicial nominations, next will be executive appointments, and then legislation.&#8221;

I guess she was wrong. Under the unholy trinity of Pelosi/Reid/Obama it begins with legislation. :eek:

Also from the video...

Obama: Reconciliation = "absolute majoritarian power... not what the founders intended"

Hillary Clinton: (speaking for Republicans) "a bridge too far, you have to restrain yourself Mr. President"

Sen. Schumer: "the precipice of a Constitutional crisis"

Harry Reid: "the right to extend debate... never more important than when one party controls the Congress"

Joe Biden: "the arrogance of power"

Chris Dodd: "I don't know of a single piece of important legislation that did not have a Democrat and a Republican in the lead" ... Founders understood "tyranny of the majority"

Joe Biden: &#8220;I pray God when the Democrats take back control we don&#8217;t make the kind of naked power grab you are doing.&#8221;

Sen. Baucus: "This is the way Democracy ends, not with a bomb, but with a gavel"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNpoJ8W53D8&feature=youtube_gdata]YouTube - Dramatic Olbermann vs. Dramatic Chipmunk[/ame]

What do Biden, Obama, Schumer, Clinton, Baucus, Reid and Feinstein have to say about using reconciliation as a wedge for a future takover of 1/6th of the economy?
    National Item (LA Times)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg]YouTube - Cricket Sound[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  8. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,464
    This is a talking point. The Congressman and Senators have a staff, the staff reads the Bill (and the Senator and Congressman still SHOULD), but the talking point "noone read it!!" is just another fantastical talking point ignorant of how we've been Governing for YEARS. The Representative is advised by his staff, that's how it's worked. Using this talking point is shear partisanship.

9. beowolfe

beowolfe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +204
    I didn't know, so I checked. Here's what I found.

So, Like I said before....... Chickens coming home to roost? You (GOP) can't complain when you're the one who initially took something beyond it's intent and now someone wants to take it further.

BTW, I am not in favor of doing healthcare in reconcilliation. But I do recognize hypocrisy (both sides) when I see it.

10. beowolfe

beowolfe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +204
    I did. And I'm an Obama supporter, but if I were a congressman, I'd vote against it.

All they have to do is introduce a public option right now. Let the republicans and conservative dems vote against it and then let them answer to the voters who want a public option.

Either the voters will send back a congress that will not pass a public option or they'll send back a congress that will. In either case, it will bring this to a close.