The Movies

theim

May 11, 2004
Madison, WI
Yes, another paycheck means another game for me, lol. My overall take on this game is that it's pretty fun, although Gamespot, Gamespy, and IGN, while all giving it high ratings, declared it to "fall short of it's potential" as all Peter Molyneux games have a strange habit of doing.

It's really pretty straightforward. Sort of like Hollywood Tycoon without the horrific trashy stigma of actually having the word "Tycoon" in the title. You start with a vacant lot and 150 grand in 1920. It starts simply, but then you have to deal with a lot of headaches associated with famous people, such as them always bitching for raises and better trailers. The coolest part of the game is where you can make your own short movies. I thought that this part would either be really stupid or way over my head, but it takes all of 5 minutes to learn how to use, and there is a simply rediculous amount of sets, costumes, props, animations, etc. at your fingertips.

My game is currently going OK, having recovered from a little "incident" that occured recently. All through the 20's I was pumping out crappy silent films actually did a decent job of funding my studio. This had the added "benefit" of not requiring a great deal of crew, and kept the salary costs down. I had only 1 director, which was all I needed. After realeasing the Best Picture Award-winning Sam Diamond: Private Investigator (one I scripted myself using the movie-maker) I was on top of the world. The only problem was that Sam Diamond was fairly long for the period (30's) and took about 2 and a half years to film. That was two years of my director and actors working alot, with few breaks. When WWII rolled around I custom-created another project: the comedy/propaganda film The Krazy Kaiser Und His Silly Stormtroopers . My overworked crew developed some issues, notable taking breaks between scenes to chug booze of some kind. And thus showing up on set dead ass drunk. I eventually did release The Krazy Kaiser, but the film suffered because...well, the director and lead actor were both drunkards. So after that I had to send the assholes to rehab, which takes a frickn' long time. During which time I was stuck with crappy replacement actors under a crappy replacement director, and my studio fell to 5th in the charts after hovering around 2nd.

insein said:
are they preset movie titles or can you make any movie you want with any title?

Any movie you want with any title. You put them together with pre-animated actions, of which there are an endless number. And even those you can alter in some ways. Like one of the animations for having someone getting shot. You can have him fall backwards, forwards, to the left, or to the right. You can have him spin, you can have him clutch his gut and then go down, or you can have him do it super-melodramatically. It's crazy.

Forum List

Back